PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movies at Downtown Disney

tigger08
08-14-2007, 05:36 AM
To they always have the latest movies playing at Down Town Disney? We thought it might be fun to take and evening and relaxe while enjoying a movie. If their are any good movies playing at the time of our stay.

Cnjp
08-14-2007, 06:46 AM
The theater in Downtown Disney is part of the AMC chain, so it does show the latest movies. You can check the Disneyland.com website for listings. :)

tigger08
08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Is it like other theater's or does this have a greatness to them... In other words is it worth the money to spend for the thrill or is is just like every other movie theater back home?

annieb727
08-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Is it like other theater's or does this have a greatness to them... In other words is it worth the money to spend for the thrill or is is just like every other movie theater back home?

Nothing much different from regular movie theaters - we went once - I didn't notice a difference - other than it was in DTD - though we went for a sneek peek of Chronicles of Narnia, so that was kind of a different experience. But I wouldn't go for just a movie you could see at home - when I could be over there riding rides at DL!:)

pastrylover
08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Don't forget that AP's get a discount on the tickets.

tigger08
08-14-2007, 12:10 PM
we aren't a ap member but thanks for the tip. I'm sure it will help other's. I think we might end up scratching that off our list of things to do for the five days we are down there then. I was hoping that it was something a little more fancy then a movie theater. To bad they don't have a theater that just show's disney movies and the older cartoon's

illnevergrowup
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
I think it depends where you live on whether or not the DTD's AMC theater is something special. We live in a very small town and our only theater is small, outdated, and not very comfortable. We always make time to see a movie at DTD when we visit DLR because it's such a nicer experience. The theater is spacious and clean; the seats are very steep so even if someone tall sits directly in front of you, you can see right over them; and the seats are very generous in size and cushy. We have always enjoyed our afternoon time-outs at the movies.

Bytebear
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM
If you are willing to travel a bit (30 minutes), the Irvine Spectrum has an IMAX theater. Right now they are showing the latest Harry Potter in 3-D. It's a pretty good outdoor shopping center as well.

tigger08
08-15-2007, 06:15 AM
thanks guys... we might take an afternoon and check out the theater then depending on what is playing, and the boys moods at the time.

We don't want to do any driving my husband is throwing a fit since he has to drive down there.

Mickeygirlforever
08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Don't forget that AP's get a discount on the tickets.

We do?!! Thanks! We thought about seeing a movie last time and we thought it was a little expensive (isn't it like $10.50 a ticket?...which is expensive compared to our theaters here). But knowing we have a discount's nice.:cool: Thanks!

soccerlady16
08-15-2007, 10:00 PM
...isn't it like $10.50 a ticket?...which is expensive compared to our theaters here). In So Cal that's what it cost so you're not really over paying just because its on Disney property. I like DD AMC its new, clean and never crowded.