PDA

View Full Version : Good Neighbor Hotels

natzach
08-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Does anyone know which of the "Good Neighbor" hotels is closest to DLR-within walking distance for an 8 and 2 year old. I am looking at booking a Costco package and want to get as close as possible w/out staying on the property.

Darkbeer
08-14-2007, 04:48 AM
The two closest hotels are the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Park Vue Inn, both right across the street from the Pedestrian entrance. In fact, they are closer than Grand Californian, based on the distance from the front lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza.

tigger08
08-14-2007, 04:57 AM
The Ramada Inn Main gate is right there as well and a really nice hotel for its price.

junglemom
08-14-2007, 05:13 AM
As is the Tropicana.

nvmom
08-14-2007, 06:47 AM
The Camelot is close too... just a couple doors down towards McDs. We've been happy there.

nvmom

Malcon10t
08-14-2007, 07:56 AM
As you cross the street, the 2 absolute closest are Park Vue to the slight right and the Park Place, slight left. Going to the right, the hotels are Desert Inn (1 minute further), Del Sol, Anaheim Inn (both about 2 minutes further), then past Tony Romas is Ramada and Anaheim Plaza hotel (about 7 minutes.) To the right would be the Tropicana, Carousel (my favorite), Camelot, Fairfield Inn, and Hojos. Hojos is about 7 mins further, but right across from Mimis Cafe.

MickeyFan4Ever
08-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi, I second a nomination for the Carousel. It is basically 50 yards to the cross walk right by the entrance to DLR. I have stayed there 4 times and always have a great time.

tigger08
08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
since someone mentioned fairfield Inn. I've got a question. I will have a 4 and a 6 year old with me. I am thinking about buying a stroller to go with us but its it to long of a walk to do for times a day. I am wanting to eat lunch back at the hotel then after naps go back to the park... what do you all think? We tried to to the ramada again but we have to many people in our room for that hotel and my oldest will be 13 and there is no way I'm letting him be the oldest in a hotel room

Malcon10t
08-14-2007, 11:53 AM
since someone mentioned fairfield Inn. I've got a question. I will have a 4 and a 6 year old with me. I am thinking about buying a stroller to go with us but its it to long of a walk to do for times a day. I am wanting to eat lunch back at the hotel then after naps go back to the park... what do you all think? We tried to to the ramada again but we have to many people in our room for that hotel and my oldest will be 13 and there is no way I'm letting him be the oldest in a hotel roomThe Fairfield is maybe a 5 minute walk. We prefer the Carousel or Desert Inn and Suites. We always go back in the afternoon. There is also a McDs right in front of the Fairfield inn, so the dollar menu always works for lunch!

tigger08
08-14-2007, 01:12 PM
that is great to know that the MC D's is right there! Thanks for your help and we can handle the five minute walk.

jazzysmom
08-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Howard Johnson is a tad further (more like 7-8 minute walk) but I like it because you can use the shuttle service if you need too. For instance, most days we walk in the morning (AKA ENERGY!!!) and ride the shuttle a night (AKA totally shot!). I like just having the option!