PDA

View Full Version : Ride Malfunction

DizneyMommy
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is a policy in the parks on what to do when a ride breaks down as far as the people still in line?
My husband and our 2 friends waited an hour for Space Mountain on Thursday and got all the way to the very front of the line. A cast member then came out and made an announcement on the PA that the ride was down and it was their choice to wait or leave, then according to my husband, she quickly dissappeared along with all of the other CM's and no one was offered a return pass to skip the line. They also had no idea how long the breakdown would be (understandable) and were given no indication, and since the cast members all vanished there was no one to ask. There were also no cast members to show them how to exit in the most orderly fashion and so people started exiting out the entrance causing a big mess and taking forever. This was complicated by the fact that the CM at the entrance must not have gotten the message because people were still getting IN line.
This just seems weird to me. I've been in lines when the ride has broken down and have been given passes to come back several times, or at least been directed out of the line by helpful cast members. Now granted, my husband is not the most observant member of society a lot of the time, but we had 2 friends with us who all came up with the same story, so I am inclined to believe that is what happened...it seemed so disorganized and almost a hazard with all those people going every which way undirected. Is that weird?

Bytebear
08-13-2007, 02:30 PM
This exact scenerio has happened to us, but having a former cast member in our group, we knew what to do.

Basically, they tell you the ride broke down, and you can wait or leave. They are pretty much hoping you leave, and let you find your own way out. Most of the line disappears out the exits. But for those who wait, either the ride will start back up and everything is back to normal or you wait some more. Once the line of people left is manageable (meaning all within the space ship room), they will hand out front of the line vouchers. You still have to wait a good 20 minutes for a voucher, so it may not be worth it for you, but that is the strategy they employ.

We usually wait if we are further back in line, knowing half the people in front of us will leave. If you are not in the space ship room, you will probably be turned away completely.

gtpinoy
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
My experience was a little different. We were actually on the ride and the ride stopped on the 3rd lift. A couple of CMs came to help us out of the rocket and walked us all the way down to the bottom. When we entered back into the loading/unloading zone, there was a CM there that was handing out front of the line vouchers. The loading/unloading zone was completely empty by the time we got out.

darph nader
08-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Don't get me wrong,but the CMs probably disappeared as not to listen to the gripes.'Some' people will take it as an affront to 'them' that the ride went down.Last year we hit Indy first thing,the CM said the ride was 'down',we waited 2 maybe 3 mins,back in line.No prob,if not,there's still plenty to do at DL.:cool:

pastrylover
08-14-2007, 09:18 AM
The only time I have ever gotten a voucher is when I have been stuck on the ride when it broke down. I have never seen anyone standing in line when the ride went down get a voucher. We usually wait so we don't have to stand in line again.