PDA

View Full Version : Buying APs from home

losaitkens
08-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Bear with me, as I know this has been asked before but my search parameters did not come up with the answer.

We are buying Deluxe APs for our trip in late September and I was going to wait to purchase at the hotel when we arrived however, I have heard rumors of a possible price increase so I want to lock in prices now. If I use E ticket on Disneyland.com, how long do I have to activate my APs? They are not effective from date of purchase but rather 1st day visiting the park, correct?

TIA for all your help!

LostBoy02
08-13-2007, 07:40 AM
You can also purchase them from any Disney Store at a mall or local shopping center. I took that route when I purchased mine and they are not active until the first date of use.

DizneyMommy
08-13-2007, 08:01 AM
If you buy them before a price increase, and then activate them after a price increase, they will ask you to pay the difference when you activate them. So if they go up 5 bucks, you're still going to pay the 5 bucks when you get to the park and get your photo taken.

jenpace
08-13-2007, 08:05 AM
You can also purchase them from any Disney Store at a mall or local shopping center. I took that route when I purchased mine and they are not active until the first date of use.

That's exactly what we do, it saves a lot of headache that way. It's nice to have the AP voucher/card in my hand so I can cross that off my list of things to do.

losaitkens
08-13-2007, 08:18 AM
That's exactly what we do, it saves a lot of headache that way. It's nice to have the AP voucher/card in my hand so I can cross that off my list of things to do.

So am I understanding correctly, that even with this voucher in hand, I may have to pay the increase amount when I redeem them at the gate?

DizneyMommy
08-13-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes, even with the voucher in hand you will have to pay the difference if there is a price increase. BUT, you will not have to pay at the ticket booth, you can still go straight in the gate and they will have you pay it in the park when you activate your pass and have your photo taken

annieb727
08-13-2007, 10:58 AM
So are you staying at one of the DLR hotels? If not, I'd buy a park hopper ticket first, use the EE and then upgrade. If you ARE, then this is of no concern since you get EE every day it's offered when you're staying there and this post means nothing to you LOL.

3duckgirl3
08-13-2007, 11:40 AM
So, do I understand correctly that I could buy an AP any time and use the hotel discount to book a trip, but that the pass itself would be good for a year from the date of my actual vacation? Or is it only good from the date that I purchased it? Sorry if this is confusing...

LostBoy02
08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
So, do I understand correctly that I could buy an AP any time and use the hotel discount to book a trip, but that the pass itself would be good for a year from the date of my actual vacation? Or is it only good from the date that I purchased it? Sorry if this is confusing...

Its good from the first day you walk into the park. Before you activate it, it is nothing more then a regular ticket that gets you through the gate.

losaitkens
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the info.

I could have swore I read somewhere that if you buy a voucher for an AP and it has an expiration date on it at a lower price, they would honor that price up to the voucher expiration date but I have never got one of these vouchers before so I really had no idea how it worked.

Our trip is 9/21-9/24 and I have a feeling we will be arriving right around price increases on APs so I guess I will be prepared for it.

annieb727
08-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow...We'll be there then too...although arriving on the 17th...I'd be very curious to know when the AP price is planning to increase! Hopefully we can get ours BEFORE...I think we're planning to upgrade on the 20th after EE - since tuesday we will be at Knott's instead of Disney.

annieb727
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Alright...I just did a little searching...the APs went up last year on September 15th...so for us it means we won't make it in time for the lower price - if they do it on the 15th again. *sigh* Hopefully they don't increase TOO much.

Darkbeer
08-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

I could have swore I read somewhere that if you buy a voucher for an AP and it has an expiration date on it at a lower price, they would honor that price up to the voucher expiration date but I have never got one of these vouchers before so I really had no idea how it worked.

Our trip is 9/21-9/24 and I have a feeling we will be arriving right around price increases on APs so I guess I will be prepared for it.

That is correct, for example the Disney Store and Grocery Store "Gift Cards" that are valid for AP's have an expiration date of January 2nd, 2008. So as long as you enter the park by 1/2/08 or earlier, you won't be required to pay any extra.

But if you show up after 1/2/08, then you will have to pay the difference in price.

Pretty sure all Ticket Media is now using the January date, even if bought at the Main Entrance Ticket Booths.

Malcon10t
08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info.

Our trip is 9/21-9/24 and I have a feeling we will be arriving right around price increases on APs so I guess I will be prepared for it.If there is an expiration date on the voucher, then no, they cannot increase the price on you.