PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Cinema

vfire
08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
The Main Street Cinema is an original attraction from the opening day of DL. The rumors that it may be closed in favor of a relocation of the gallery is really irking me. The Cinema is a wonderful minor attraction that showcases where it all started with Steamboat Willie and some of the other classic Disney toons. It's also a nice place to relax away from the crowds and heat, and it's a part of what makes Main St. seem so quaint. Where can one write a letter to head off this mistake before its made?

gibson510
08-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Probably send it in to City Hall.

carolinakid
08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
The Main St Cinema in WDW is now a gift shop! UGH!! So I don't think there's anything that would prevent the powers that be at DLR from making the same kind of change if they felt there was more $$$ to be made! So actually if it weren't to remain the Main St Cinema ,I'd prefer to see it as the new home of the Gallery rather than another damn souvenir stand!!!

jdee
08-14-2007, 04:30 PM
So actually if it weren't to remain the Main St Cinema ,I'd prefer to see it as the new home of the Gallery rather than another damn souvenir stand!!!

DITTO!!!!

vfire
08-14-2007, 04:36 PM
The Cinema is too small to accommodate much of the Gallery, so I don't think they could put it there unless they knocked down the walls to expand the shops to the left or right. The Gallery is better than another souvenir stand, but I hope the powers that be have some sense of history of the place and leave one of the original Main St. landmarks alone. It's a homage to the original Disney Mickey Mouse cartoons that started it all. It'd be bad karma if they tore it down...