PDA

View Full Version : I am so, so sorry!

Pages : [1] 2 3

tinkfreak
07-09-2002, 09:02 PM
Not Afraid,

Yesterday I was sitting in my office with my manager, who had a radio. We heard an emergency call for Circle D (the nice folks who tend to the DL animals) to respond to the castle moat. Your beloved cygnet passed away, with causes unknown. A guest brought it to our attention. I am so, so sorry sweetie. This is way worse than Sebastian:crying: :crying: :crying: .

tink

Andrew
07-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Tinkfreak or Not Afraid,

What is a cygnet? You didn't capitalize so I assume it's a type of animal rather than a proper name. I Googled (http://www.google.com/search?q=cygnet&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8) of course, but all I got were software companies.

tinkfreak
07-09-2002, 09:15 PM
Baby swan. I may have spelled it wrong.

Andrew
07-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
Baby swan. I may have spelled it wrong.

Ah, I see. I think you spelled it right, there just weren't many search hits.

It's sad that he died. :( I used to enjoy taking pictures of the swans in the moat.

Ghoulish Delight
07-09-2002, 09:25 PM
:crying:

Cadaverous Pallor
07-09-2002, 09:31 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

How very, very sad. NA, I'm really sorry. We all know how much you loved that baby.

I just wish we could have seen him more while he was around.

Rallymonkey23
07-09-2002, 09:49 PM
:crying: :( :crying: :( :crying:

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I only got to see the cygnet 1 time. I'm sooooo sorry NA. I know how much you loved seeing him/her. This is just wrong.

PineapplePrincess
07-09-2002, 10:04 PM
How absolutely devastating!!!
I think I am going to cry!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

PineapplePrincess
07-09-2002, 10:20 PM
How absolutely devastating!!!
I think I am going to cry!:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

HBTiggerFan
07-09-2002, 10:24 PM
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: I'm so sorry NA! :crying: :crying: I know how much you loved the cygent :(

stinkerbell
07-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Oh my gosh, I am crying. I'm so sorry, Lisa. :crying:

~Claire

MickeyD
07-09-2002, 11:29 PM
Oh, that just makes me so sad! :crying:

zapppop
07-09-2002, 11:29 PM
Tonight I was at the resort w/ Not Afriad, cemeinke, and Stan4dSteph
and we were wondering where the cygnet was.

Not Afraid
07-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Wow. I am in shock. I am too stunned to feel anything.

As Zapppop said, we were at DL tonight. I knew in my gut that something must be up when Mommy was alone in the place where I usually see mom and baby. She seemed really listless and didn't want to eat the treats we had brought for her and the baby.

My first thoughts are Why? Did someone harm him in some way, feed him bad food (he was just starting to eat treats from people. Or did the Cob get jealous and harm him in some way? I never saw any aggressive behavior by the cob to the cygnet but I know he's done that before. Maybe his little life was just not meant to be. Maybe we'll never know. I have to remember that this is nature and governing laws prevail.

Regardless, I can't believe he's gone! He gave me so much joy. I just hope he died peacefully and without an act of stupidity.

For those of you who haven't seen picture of the little guy, I've posted a few over time in this thread. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6616&highlight=CYGNET)

I have some more recent ones that I will post later.

Thank you all for your thoughts about me. I really appreciate it. I really did love that little fuzzy thing.

Sad Lisa:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Rallymonkey23
07-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Off topic here.... But where were you all durring Believe?? We were looking for you all over the place! :confused:

Matterhorn Fan
07-10-2002, 05:34 AM
Oh, that is sad news. Worse than Sebastian is right.

Not Afraid, did you get the photos I sent yet?

Gemini Cricket
07-10-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
s about me. I really appreciate it. I really did love that little fuzzy thing.

How sad. :crying: Sorry, Not Afraid.

Sailor Butterfly
07-10-2002, 06:05 AM
:( Awww....that's so sad! I was so excited to see not only the swans, but a baby too when I had recently gone to DL. I'm glad I was able to take a picture of the little guy and mommy. *sniffle, sniffle* :crying:

MammaSilva
07-10-2002, 06:50 AM
oh my :crying: we got to see the baby when we were there and I was telling my friend how Not afraid keeps us posted on how it was doing....much sadness here :crying: :crying: :crying:

mad4mky
07-10-2002, 07:19 AM
What a sad thing to hear about.

Here I come into my office, great mood... log on...and BAM...bad news. I am sorry to hear of the little guy's passing. Sad.

I was lucky to get to know of his little life because of NA's posts...She made us all love him...:crying: :crying:

Dawnie
07-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Wow. I am in shock. I am too stunned to feel anything.

Lisa and other cygnet lovers,

I too am very sad. I was able to show my kids the little one the last time we visited. They loved him too!!! He was a cute as could be, hanging out with Mom.....

Thanks so much for posting your pictures and taking a large interest in the little guy. It meant a great deal to me and my kids.

Dawn

WDWalways
07-10-2002, 07:39 AM
I'm so sorry :crying: He was adorable!!

I need to ask since I don't know - who/what was Sebastian??

lisap
07-10-2002, 07:45 AM
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?

Yet not one of them will fall to the ground

apart from the will of your Father. And even

the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

So don't be afraid; you are worth more than

many sparrows.

(Matthew chapter 10 vv. 29-31).

This just came to mind this morning...whenever I lose an animal that I love, I think of these verses.
:(

Matterhorn Fan
07-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by WDWalways
I need to ask since I don't know - who/what was Sebastian?? You can read about poor Sebastian here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=7039) Heed the warnings about the photo.

WDWalways
07-10-2002, 07:58 AM
... Way worse than Sebastian!! :crying: