PDA

View Full Version : The Best Kids meals?

Pages : [1] 2

kgwoozle
08-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I know a number of threads have sort of covered this but what is the best kids meal in Disneyland and DCA?

yenko427
08-11-2007, 05:35 PM
DS (5) liked the Mac and Cheese pretty much everywhere but it was the best at Carnation Cafe for lunch.

jenpace
08-11-2007, 06:01 PM
PBJ pallet at Carnation was a BIG hit with our DD's.

Jen

nvmom
08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
PB&J pallet was also a big hit with our kids too

nvmom

mommy-san
08-11-2007, 06:18 PM
I personally a fan pf the pb&j monte cristo at Cafe Orleans. Kids weren't fans, but I ate it!

sunfun94
08-11-2007, 06:22 PM
i have to mention the pb/j platter at carnation as well... it was quite cool! Our daughter loved being able to play "cook" and make it herself..also the food choices over at pizza port ( is that the name?) over in tomorrowland in dlr..

kgwoozle
08-11-2007, 07:20 PM
How about options other than PB&J and Mac and Cheese?

jenpace
08-11-2007, 07:35 PM

What kind of foods do your kids like. If you could be more specific, I'd be happy to share my experiences with the kids menus.

Jen

Seashellmama
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM
We like the fried chicken and the pasta kid's meals at the Plaza Pavilion- the sign says the kid's pasta comes with marinara, but you can get it with alfredo sauce, too. I've ended up eating a kid's pasta as my meal (two year old we ordered it for fell asleep between ordering and eating, and I came late and hadn't gotten my food yet) and it was a good amount of food for me as a light meal before the late night drive back home.

sunfun94
08-11-2007, 08:11 PM

I was going to mention the same as seashellmama... the pasta options around the park imparticularly at the tomorrowland local at the place I had mentioned are even enough for me .. they offer the normal fare of spaghetti which is good.. as well as ravioli. My oldest DD and I ( she is 5.5) will also sometimes split the chicken dish .. its a great pasta and chicken dish with a white sauce..good stuff

Seashellmama
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Plaza Pavilion

Plaza Inn, I meant.

biolabetty
08-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I've always felt that the choices offered on the majority of kids meals was pretty repetitive. My daughter likes macaroni and cheese, but she doesn't want it at every meal. I would like to see hamburgers, chicken fingers, hot dogs, spaghetti, etc. offered at every restaurant. I know you can find those things at some restaurants, but for the most part it seems that the choices are usually macaroni and cheese, some form of pb and j (which my kids hate), and one thing else that can vary. I like variety and I know my kids do too.

My kids love fruit plates and will get those at Storytellers, or they also enjoy the make your own pizza there.

D15
08-11-2007, 11:12 PM
When we went, the two little ones (5 and 2) who are veerrry picky eaters liked the (grilled? The one that's not fried) chicken kids meal at the French Market. It's a piece of chicken, sliced, over rice with a side of fruit and a drink. Another adult in the party had it too and said it was actually really filling for her (she's somewhat of a light eater, but she said it was just right).

Wendi
08-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Max always liked the mini corndogs at Blue Bayou, but we haven't been going there since "the change". He also likes the chicken meal at French Market. His favorite kid's meals aren't in either park or aren't kid's meals though!!! hahaha

His favorites are the Make-Your-Own Pizza at Storyteller's Cafe, the Teriyaki Chicken at Yamabuki, and the Grilled Cheese Sandwich at Whitewater Snacks. He can also eat a whole corndog from the Little Red Wagon! I once got him a kid's hotdog meal at WWS and it was a gi-nor-mous foot long hot dog with a huge pile of fries, I'm not sure an adult could've finished it all!!!

We do a lot of meal sharing in the parks... he

MinnieMomma
08-12-2007, 01:13 PM
More of the same....make-your-own-pizza at Storytellers, the pasta at Plaza Inn (because you can get it without sauce, just cheese) and all the kids meals at Whitewater and Croc's at the DLH (hot dogs, burgers, chicken strips, all with fries and drinks). And mine love the PB&J Monte Cristo. The chicken poppers at Pilot's Grill used to be a big favorite, but they changed to chicken strips that no one likes. Oh, they still like the mini corn dogs at that Terrace place by the Jedi training (my memory fails me....)

AVP
08-12-2007, 02:08 PM
the (grilled? The one that's not fried) chicken kids meal at the French Market. It's a piece of chicken, sliced, over rice with a side of fruit and a drink.That's my current favorite kids meal in Disneyland. If I want to splurge, I'll get the kids portion of Fusili at Pizza Port. (Although since there technically isn't a kids portion of that dish, they make it without chicken)

AVP

ktrm
08-13-2007, 07:18 AM
The hot dog in the kids meal at the Coke Corner is the same size as the adult hot dog. It is an all beef hot dog and quite good. I think you can ask for chips instead of the carrot sticks if you wish. You can also get a soda although they only advertize milk, juice, or water.

The chicken strips on the Nemo side of Club Buzz are good. I ask for fries instead of the carrots because the chicken strips with carrots are not quite enough food for my kids. The chicken strips are not greasy at all.

My favorite kids meal is the prime rib meal at Steakhouse 55 in the Disneyland hotel for $11.99. It was a lovely, large piece of prime rib cooked to perfection. It was quite large. Don't know how many kids like prime rib, but I loved eating off my child's plate.

tigger08
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
does any place of a chicken nugget meal for kids?

jazzysmom
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Our kids LOVE the corn dogs from the Corn Dog cart at the end of main street. AND SO DO WE!

Malcon10t
08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
does any place of a chicken nugget meal for kids?
Many places have the chicken nugget meals. If you go to http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AA0000 you can go to the Dining section and click on the various restaurants to see what they have for childrens (and adults) meals.

Alysia Skye
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
My daughter (5 years old) is a fairly picky eater, but she loves the chicken tenders (fried :/ ) with strawberries and grapes at the French Market.

and baby makes three
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
We tend to eat lunch at Downtown Disney. We take the Monorail which adds to the fun. There's generally little to no wait at any of the restuarants at lunchtime and there's a much wider variety for kids. The Rainforest Cafe tends to be a favorite.

adriennek
08-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Kid's pasta meal at Pizza Port is M's favorite. He gets ravioli with sauce on the side.

Mini corn dogs are Sman's favorite - I think we found them at Tomorrowland Terrace in July, but I also think they have them elsewhere.

PB&J Pallet at Carnation and MakeYourOwnPizza at Storytellers are also hits with our crowd.

Adrienne

Mostly Anonymous
08-15-2007, 12:32 PM
In my opinion, the best kids meals are at the La Brea Bakery Cafe, just outside the security check tents at the entrance to Downtown Disney. They have more variety and choices than any place inside the parks. Plus the adult food is quite tasty too!

Something that can be helpful to know - if you have a kid with allergy problems, your food options become extremely limited. One thing that is safe for all common food allergies is a hot dog (without the bun.) Unfortunately, hot dogs are only sold at one location in each park: Coke Corner in Disneyland and Award Wieners at DCA.

The other good allergy-safe choice is the barbecued chicken at the Riverbelle Terrace. But our favorite is the hot dog at the La Brea Bakery, because their bread is egg and milk free.

CariBelle
08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
The sliders at Taste Pilots Grill are my favorite.