PDA

View Full Version : Re: Newest AP article on MousePlanet

hbquikcomjamesl
07-09-2002, 04:20 PM
On the 4th, I actually had a mildly interesting discussion with a CM about my pass.

At lunch, at the SOB, I wasn't especially demanding of my waitress (or would the proper term be "heiress"?), although I did politely send my water back with a request for one without the lemon (apologizing for not specifying "hold the lemon" when I first asked for the water) Later, when the check arrived, she noted that she'd taken care of the passholder discount, at which point I picked up my pass, thanked her, let her know that I try not to call any more attention to it than necessary, and that I try not to be the sort that gives passholders a bad name. We got to talking about such individuals. She asked how long I'd been a passholder (all my adult life), and I mentioned that it seemed to me that, over time, passholders tend to either get more patient, or more boorish, and that I hoped I was in the former category.

Which reminds me of last year, the first time I dined at SOB, before they had the discount: the waiter (or "bridegroom") was so apologetic about the lack of a discount that it bordered on obsequiousness, even though I kept telling him it was no big deal. I suspect he'd received a lot of grief from boorish passholders.

At any rate, I'm always shocked whenever I hear of boorish behavior by a passholder. Personally, I've never been given any grief by a CM because I was a passholder, and (as I said to the "heiress" last week) I've endeavored never to give any CMs any grief.

awinner
07-09-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
At lunch, at the SOB,

SOB? that stands for what place? theres only 1 SOB that I know of, and its no restaurant.

Disney Nick
07-09-2002, 05:07 PM
I think it's Soap Opera Bistro...