PDA

View Full Version : Snow White's Grotto

Disneymademoiselle
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Do the fish in Snow White's Grotto still work?

I sadly don't go over to the wishing well and grotto every time I go to Disneyland, but last time I noticed the little fish under the water and remembered they used to spit water out of their mouths, etc.

If they are no longer in operation, that is quite sad. It can't be that difficult to maintain them.

spectromen
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, they're working :) They come up once every....minute or so (?), during Snow White's singing, turn in circles and spout water.

Disneymademoiselle
08-11-2007, 12:47 AM
I guess I neglected to say that when I was at the wishing well listening to Snow White sing, the fish were not doing anything:crying:

Sorry that I didn't make that clear:(

Katran
08-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe they were just off that day? Maybe they were shut down for maintenance, or maybe someone just forgot to turn them on.

They were working when we were there in February, but that was quite a while ago now.

charpaul
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I THINK - that they opperate every 15 minutes - kind of like a clock/bell tower...
Hour - quarter hour - half hour - three quarter hour...

backsthepack
08-12-2007, 05:52 AM
We watched them in June while we were there. They were working just fine.

Disneymademoiselle
08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Clearly, we didn't stick around long enough. We'll be surveying the scene in September for sure :)

coronado_g
08-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Be sure to make a wish too...it'll come true! I know because mine have.

danyoung
08-13-2007, 07:48 AM
I THINK - that they opperate every 15 minutes - kind of like a clock/bell tower...
Hour - quarter hour - half hour - three quarter hour...

Nope - they work when Snow White sings, which is every couple minutes or so. And I've seen them in all variations of disrepair over the years - elevating but not turning, turning but not spitting water, spitting water but not elevating, etc. I don't know if this is a particularly cranky mechanism. But I have noticed that on subsequent visits (every 6 months or so) they seem to get fixed regularly. It's a pretty cool effect, and an important part of the show in the grotto.

Disneymademoiselle
08-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Nope - they work when Snow White sings, which is every couple minutes or so. And I've seen them in all variations of disrepair over the years - elevating but not turning, turning but not spitting water, spitting water but not elevating, etc. I don't know if this is a particularly cranky mechanism. But I have noticed that on subsequent visits (every 6 months or so) they seem to get fixed regularly. It's a pretty cool effect, and an important part of the show in the grotto.

Well, the fish must have been in one of their states of disrepair, because they weren't working when Snow White was singing :crying:

It's now a goal to catch them (no pun intended) when they are working ;)

Also, coronado_g, I'll be sure to make a wish at the well. I'm so glad to hear that yours have come true!!!

Niwel
08-13-2007, 10:58 AM
The summer I worked at the park I would pass by the wishing well on my way to Fantasyland. If I saw the fish weren't jumping I would call facilities and let them know. I love that grotto! :)

Katran
08-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I love that grotto! :)

Me too! I love to just sit there and relax. Sometimes we'll get a snack and enjoy it there.