PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Question [viewing locations]

I heart Disney
08-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I haven't watched Fantasmic for about 4 years. In Oct. I am going to DLR and would like to watch Fantasmic and have a good spot. What time do you need to start saving a place and where is the best spot. We have a group of about 12.

CookieBandit
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm sure there are others who will have better/more accurate advice for you, but just my two cents: for a group of 12, you might have to start saving seats early... maybe shortly after 6:30pm (assuming the show starts at 9pm - does it, during the off-season?). For a smaller group, you can find spots after 7pm, but 12 people is kind of a big group.

Bring a blanket or towel large enough for your group, have a few people sit and wait (not all 12, but a few will be good). You can always rotate who sits and waits, and who goes off to ride rides or get some food.

We found a front-row spot at 6pm - not that we were trying to get a front-row spot, but we were tired of walking and it happened to be the only front-row spot left. I like sitting slightly to the left (if you're facing the island) because that way the center fountain doesn't block your view.

annieb727
08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
If there's a night with a second showing, you will have much less of a wait if you go to the second showing...you just need to show up right after the fireworks are ending (best way is probably by train at NOS, or if you've been hanging out by Splash/Pooh/Haunted Mansion). You'd have a maximum wait of about an hour!

DizneyMommy
08-13-2007, 01:35 PM
You might want to check the schedule... there may not be any Fantasmic depending on when in Oct you go.

Poolslide
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I called this morning and was told in Oct 07, Fantasmic will only be done on Sat and Sun nites.

Mickeygirlforever
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
We usually go back to the hotel in the evening and bring a blanket back. We start saving our seats about 2.5 to 3 hours early. If you don't sit relatively close to the front, it can get hard to see. A group of 12 is large, so I would suggest swapping as CookieBandit said. It is cobblestone to sit on, so it's good to stand and stretch anyway. We usually catch the first show. You don't have to "wait" for the second show, just stand to the side and push in while the others leave. Have fun! :)

danyoung
08-14-2007, 07:46 AM
If you don't mind standing, there's a great trick that'll cut your wait down to about 30 minutes! Since you've seen the show, you know that there are 3 huge lighting towers that are underground during the day, then raise up on hydraulic poles for the show. The center tower, near the entrance to Pirates, sits in a lower position right up till showtime. It looks like your view would be totally blocked by this tower, so no one lines up here. About 30 minutes before showtime, take a spot on the railing behind this tower. When it raises up about 10 minutes before showtime, you'll find yourself in a perfect, central spot, right behind the show director and fire safety officer, with great sound, and only a 30 minute wait!

I've used this trick many times over the years, most recently about 2 months ago, and it's NEVER failed.

Enjoy!

Koala Gurl
08-14-2007, 07:52 AM
I do that trick also. :)

I heart Disney
08-19-2007, 12:33 PM
THanks so much for the advice. I will bring the blanket and take turns saving the spot. I am so excited I can hardly function normally.:D

PanFan
08-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Just make sure that when you do rotate having some wait and some ride, it's proportionate to your group. Having one or two save a spot for the whole twelve would not only be difficult for you, but annoying to others who are trying to get good seats. A general rule we use for attractions is one for one. In your case, that would mean at least six people saving the spot for the other six. That way you'll be better able to tell how much space your group will need and you won't get dirty looks from people who waited just as long as you only to be crowded out at the last minute.

Nicolas'Mom
08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Question - do you guys think a 2 year old would sit through fantasmic and enjoy it?

Don't know if I should make RSVP at reserved seating area or not?

Thanks! :confused:

Koala Gurl
08-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Question - do you guys think a 2 year old would sit through fantasmic and enjoy it?

Thanks! :confused:

What age exactly? I think closer to 2, my DD would not have enjoyed it...but she is 2 1/2 now, and I think she would love it. I have been playing the CD for her to get her ready for it, and she loves the "Dragon song" as she calls it. :)

If we do do it, I would most likely get the reserved seating, just so I know we have a place to sit (since while she would love the show, she could probably not sit still long enough to sit and wait for it.)

Bytebear
08-20-2007, 01:18 PM
I've used this trick many times over the years, most recently about 2 months ago, and it's NEVER failed.

Until 200 MPers all line up at the same time! :eek: (actually, my partner hates when I give up our Disney secrets, but I do it anyway)

DangerMouse
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Until 200 MPers all line up at the same time! :eek: (actually, my partner hates when I give up our Disney secrets, but I do it anyway)

Yeah, this used to be a great secret place. And while I appreciated hearing about it several years back on this board, it seems like the secret has just been given away too many times. Not so much of a secret anymore. . . :(

Malcon10t
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks! :confused:It really depends on the kid. We have done it with a 1yo and a 2yo, and both loved it. All depends on the kid.

Nicolas'Mom
08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the input all...just as I figured...all depends on the kid...

my son will be 2 yrs and 4 mos but he loves Mickey - but not loud noises!! So...I think I will still make the rvsp so we have a guaranteed seat to watch the show...if we have to leave the show at least we tried!

But I think he'll be fine....

We will be there 11/17 - 11/21 and can't wait for all the Christmas decorations! :)

Wendi
08-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the input all...just as I figured...all depends on the kid...

my son will be 2 yrs and 4 mos but he loves Mickey - but not loud noises!! So...I think I will still make the rvsp so we have a guaranteed seat to watch the show...if we have to leave the show at least we tried!

But I think he'll be fine....

We will be there 11/17 - 11/21 and can't wait for all the Christmas decorations! :)

Take earplugs for him. My son still has a hard time with all of the very loud noises at all of the Disney parks, he was only 8 months old on our first trip and we finally figured it out and had to get him some cotton from first aid for his ears, after that I have brought earplugs for him on every trip and he will actually ask me for them sometimes... everything is much more enjoyable for him that way. (He has sensory processing dysfunction as well, so the loud noises are REALLY loud for him).

danyoung
08-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Yeah, this used to be a great secret place. And while I appreciated hearing about it several years back on this board, it seems like the secret has just been given away too many times. Not so much of a secret anymore. . . :(

I don't know - maybe I've just been lucky, but as I said it still works every time for me!

Koala Gurl
08-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Works for me too!

I guess I have know about this for a while...but only go see Fantasmic every few years on average. So one or two people times say even one time per year...