PDA

View Full Version : Tinker Bell Pins to Share

Tinkermommy
08-10-2007, 10:20 AM
We've been lucky enough to win a couple small "dreams" during the YOAMD, but I want to say the Tinker Bell pin sets CMs are giving out have to be the best thing that's happened to us. (So far...lol.)

(For those who haven't seen them, the pins come on a piece of cardboard that is perforated. Each half contains an identicial Tinker Bell pin. The top half is for the recipient to keep; the bottom half is for the recipient to give away. It explains that on the cardboard backing.)

My daughter and I each received a set during the Nemo press weekend. I gave mine away relatively soon. We ended up chatting with another family on the Monorail, learned they were on vacation and that while they knew of the YOAMD, they hadn't won anything yet. They were SO nice that it made me think of the pin, so I said, "Guess what? Now you have!" You would have thought I'd given them the penthouse suite, they were so happy.

My daughter wanted to hold onto hers until she found just the right little girl, figuring she'd know her when she saw her. She saw a little girl in a wheelchair during our visit this week and wanted to give it to her, but was too shy to approach her to give her the pin. I did it.

It was pretty quick and easy; I asked the mom if I could give something to the child, then explained to the girl why we were giving her the pin. She was very sweet and gracious. It was a brief encounter.

But when I walked back to my friends, I was actually crying. I can't even explain why it made me cry, but I loved being able to give those officially-sanctioned pins away. I understand why CMs like giving the dreams away. It really is a great feeling.

What a great idea -- giving guests a reason to be kind to one another. If we receive any more of those pin sets, we're giving BOTH halves away!

tinker3
08-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Reading your post made me emotional! That is so SWEET! Not only is YOAMD making your day, you in turn get to make someone else's day. I love it! :D

I never even knew this was a YOAMD prize. I love learning about all the different prizes. I thought it was just ears, FP, Lanyards & the Mickey Suite, with the occasional GRAND prize (cruise etc.). In another thread I read about gift cards etc. how cool!

CONGRATS on the dream and sharing the love ;).