PDA

View Full Version : BB Gun hole in glass of Railroad Grand Canyon Scene?

ktrm
08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Just came back from DL and noticed a round hole in the first glass pane of the Grand Canyon Scene on the Railroad route between Tomorrowland and Main Street. I never even knew there was glass until I saw this hole. It looks like a bb gun hole or maybe worse. Kindof scary if it is this, that someone got it into the park. Maybe a rock, but it was a perfectly round hole. Anyone know what caused this?

swcrazy
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
It's been there as long as I can remember and I've been going there since 1988.

Malcon10t
08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
It's been there forever. I think it happened early 70s?

Cnjp
08-10-2007, 03:48 PM
There is also a BB hole in the glass in front of the ballroom scene in the Haunted Mansion. It is covered up by a spiderweb.

kylephoto760
08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Remember folks, security hasn't always been as tight as it is now. This should be a reminder though that if somebody really wanted to get something into the park, 90% of the time they'd have little to no trouble doing so. (It's a discussion I've had with my friends many times.)

bag3lbit3s
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Remember folks, security hasn't always been as tight as it is now. This should be a reminder though that if somebody really wanted to get something into the park, 90% of the time they'd have little to no trouble doing so. (It's a discussion I've had with my friends many times.)
This is very true. I was there grad nite and didn't know you couldn't bring chains for your wallets in till we got on the bus to go there. So I put it in my shoe and they didn't check it. Plus security really isn't the best, someone can easily walk in with a gun on their hip. All they check is bags they don't check you or your pockets.

tunaman68
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
It's been there as long as I can remember, and I started going in the mid 70's.

I had heard a rumor from imagineer Bob Gurr that it happened shortly after the attraction opened. The building was actually constructed around the glass panes, and in order to replace one, you would have to tear the building apart.

If they can fix a hole in my windshield, you'd think they could fix Disneyland!!

JCLowesman
08-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Yes, that hole has been there a very long time. I remember it from my first ride through that attraction in 1968 when I returned to Cal. from Ma. as a teen.
I agree about the question posed as to why they never did a "windshield" repair to it.

CV12Pirate
08-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Yes, that hole has been there a very long time. I remember it from my first ride through that attraction in 1968 when I returned to Cal. from Ma. as a teen.
I agree about the question posed as to why they never did a "windshield" repair to it.

WOW, someone else who was there in 1968. I loved DL in the sixties!

Roast yer Liver...