PDA

View Full Version : Any rumblings of fall/winter Disneyland ticket promotions?

smack
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I am taking my family to Disneyland during the first week of December 07' and was wondering if I should wait before purchasing tickets. I am hoping for a "everyone at kids price" type of promo or something equivalent.
Thx

Darkbeer
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I seriously doubt you will see the return of the Everyone at the Kids Price promo this fall, that has been a spring special, and in 2008 they dropped it in favor of 2 extra days free instead.

With HalloweenTime and the Christmas season becoming more popular, I doubt if there will be much for the out of towner in regards to specials, except for a 4th night free hotel room with selected packages from Disney.

A local, Southern California only special will more than likely be announced shortly after Labor Day and focus on the period of September 21st thru December 13th. Something like a 2 day ParkHopper for the price of one day with proof of living in the correct zip code.

Katran
08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
...in 2008 they dropped it in favor of 2 extra days free instead.

Did you mean to say they dropped it in 2007, or that they will be dropping it in 2008? Either way, I like the idea of two days free. That adds up to pretty big savings if you're taking a family of 4 or 5 (or more).

Darkbeer
08-09-2007, 08:11 PM
Did you mean to say they dropped it in 2007, or that they will be dropping it in 2008? Either way, I like the idea of two days free. That adds up to pretty big savings if you're taking a family of 4 or 5 (or more).

I meant 2008, I posted the info here at MP on the 31st of July...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=75158

So if you buy a 3 day or longer Advance Purchase ParkHopper and use it between January 7th and April 24th, you will get 2 extra days free, of course there are other rules, such as the dates listed are the dates of first use, and then you have a 2 week shelf life to use up all the remaining days.

shanbri
08-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Last year I bought the Gay Days Anaheim tickets. It is a great savings on tickets and the first use has to be before December 13th. We used them in the beginning of November last year.

atrder9901
08-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I got a flier from Disney the other day that you can get rooms starting at $149 @ Paradise Pier, and the offer is valid between 9/2/07 and 12/15/07. It says that is good for most nights, and it would be only valid on a standard view. Not too bad! It does say that there are blackout days being between 11/20-11/24.

*edited to add* Sorry, I just realized your post asked about ticket promotions. My apologizes.

Katran
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I meant 2008, I posted the info here at MP on the 31st of July...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=75158

So if you buy a 3 day or longer Advance Purchase ParkHopper and use it between January 7th and April 24th, you will get 2 extra days free, of course there are other rules, such as the dates listed are the dates of first use, and then you have a 2 week shelf life to use up all the remaining days.

Thanks! :D I see I have some catch-up reading to do (I can't wait until the kids are back in school, lol).

Crazy4DL
08-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Last year I bought the Gay Days Anaheim tickets. It is a great savings on tickets and the first use has to be before December 13th. We used them in the beginning of November last year.

Does anyone know if these hoppers are upgradeable to an AP? and what amount are you credited towards an AP - the amount you pay or the amount the hopper would normally go for? Hope that question made sense.

annieb727
08-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know if these hoppers are upgradeable to an AP? and what amount are you credited towards an AP - the amount you pay or the amount the hopper would normally go for? Hope that question made sense.

It's generally gonna be the amount you pay for them - though here, I can get some discount tickets on base...there's an amount printed on the back which is LESS than what we pay for them, so if I were to buy them here, I would only get credit for the amount listed on the back (thereby LOSING money when I upgrade). So this isn't really a good way to do it. I don't know if the gaydays tickets are the same, but I know they base gets them at a discount, so I would imagine they might do it the same...they told me the amt on the back is what THEY pay for them...so they have to increase it so they make a little profit.

Malcon10t
08-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I get tickets at our Credit Union or $144 for a 3 day ticket. Price printed on it is $159, and when I upgrade to an AP, they credit me with $159 (so I save $15 on our APs.)

Crazy4DL
08-11-2007, 06:32 AM
I get tickets at our Credit Union or $144 for a 3 day ticket. Price printed on it is $159, and when I upgrade to an AP, they credit me with $159 (so I save $15 on our APs.)

The tickets from the Gay Day would save $34 ($125 for a three day hopper) if they worked that way . . . seems to good to be true though - and you know what they say about if it seems to good ot be true. . . :p

Mermaid
08-11-2007, 12:49 PM

I am wondering this too. A friend will be doing this soon!

jslivinski
08-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know if the GayDay tickets have early entry? It doesn't say, so I'm assuming they don't.

Darkbeer
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know if the GayDay tickets have early entry? It doesn't say, so I'm assuming they don't.

Most discounted tickets (other than the standard Advance Purchase discount) do not come with extras, such as Early Entry. For example, that is the policy with the Military discount.

I presume that it would be the same with the ones the Gay Days site is selling.

jslivinski
08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks, that's what I figured.

bathtubs
08-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I am kinda slow at this kind of thing but we are going down April 23-30 would we qualify for the extra days? even tho we would be going the 23 and days after the deadline? Confused anyone yet?

Darkbeer
08-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I am kinda slow at this kind of thing but we are going down April 23-30 would we qualify for the extra days? even tho we would be going the 23 and days after the deadline? Confused anyone yet?

The "2 days free" tickets have a requirement of the first DAY of use to be on or before April 24th, so since you will be arriving on the 23rd, you will be OK. Just make sure you enter the park on the 23rd or 24th. After that, you have 13 additional days to use the other days, which will be before you leave. So you could buy a 6 day ticket (check with Getawaytoday.com or call the WDTC directly) to get all 8 days, or you can pick less (3 thru 5 days) and get at least 5 days in the parks. The difference in price between 5 to 8 days is $40 or less (not sure of the 6 day ticket, 5 days is $30 more than 3 days). But if you know you will be somewhere else on a day or two, might as well save some money.

leota's necklace
08-18-2007, 10:17 AM
Most discounted tickets (other than the standard Advance Purchase discount) do not come with extras, such as Early Entry. For example, that is the policy with the Military discount.

I presume that it would be the same with the ones the Gay Days site is selling.

You are correct. Here's the email I got from the promotions company regarding this issue:

They are regular Theme Park tickets. Usually if you are staying at a Disney hotel, the hotel will have specific days you can have early entry.