PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland on Sept 10th!

msgmg68
08-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I have to be in town for a convention, so a couple of gals and I are going to DL on Monday, September 10th. That is Admissions Day, but I know most people, including schools don't have it off. What do you think crowds will be like? I am assuming that Disney doesn't expect large crowds, because they are only open until 8pm that night.

barely
08-09-2007, 12:47 PM
We went at that time last year and the crowds were light. Enjoyed ourselves so much that we're going again September 9-14th.

minniemom
08-09-2007, 02:49 PM
We will be there then too!!! 9/8-9/13!!! I think that it should be pretty slow. I hope you have a great time!!!

padilla6710
08-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I hate to say this but one of the best days all year to go is 9/11 people seem almost afraid to go out to the parks. We went last year on this day and the place was completly empty. No ride was longer than a 5 min wait. We will be back again on 9/11 to ride finding Nemo. We have passes and we dont go all summer to avoid the crowds so we havent had a chance to go yet and we refuse to wait in a long line.

Wendi
08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I have to be in town for a convention, so a couple of gals and I are going to DL on Monday, September 10th. That is Admissions Day, but I know most people, including schools don't have it off. What do you think crowds will be like? I am assuming that Disney doesn't expect large crowds, because they are only open until 8pm that night.

Should be a good time to go since most schools will have already started.

What is Admissions Day???

orangechicken
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
We're going then too!!! 9th-11th. Everyone keeps telling us how it's the perfect time to go, perfect temperature (maybe a little hot) and no crowds. See you there!

msgmg68
08-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Wow! I am so happy to hear that crowds might be light. I just love to stroll through DL slowly and take in all the smells and sights - it's so hard to do that when you are elbow to elbow!

I hope all of you have a great time too!

Franz
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
What is Admissions Day????:confused:

msgmg68
08-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Admission Day is the holiday for the day that CA became a state (9/9/1850). The only reason I know about it is that my company gives us that day off as a holiday.

toncasmo
08-17-2007, 08:32 AM
we're going to be there too! 9th is our 18th wedding anniversary. originally we were going to paris, then hawaii and now it's disneyland! that's ok tho because our first trip together 25 years ago was to stay at disneyland hotel

MinnieMomma
08-17-2007, 08:00 PM
For some strange reason my daughter's high school is closed on Monday August 27 for "Admissions Day Holiday" (?) She and her friends want to have a Disney Day that day. I have no idea why its that day instead of Sept. 9, which is the real holiday. The high school is on a Cal State U campus, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. But I know that the other local schools don't have the Sept. day off, the kids should all be back in school, so it should be a great time to go.

cstephens
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM
I hate to say this but one of the best days all year to go is 9/11 people seem almost afraid to go out to the parks. We went last year on this day and the place was completly empty. No ride was longer than a 5 min wait.

It's not so much about September 11 as much as it's about it's after some schools are back in session (the schools around me start back on the 7th or something like that), as well as what day of the week it is. September 11 last year would have been on a Monday, so I wouldn't expect a Monday in the off-season to be that crowded. I can't remember if I saw crowds last year. The years before that when it was on a Saturday or Sunday, it was more crowded because it was on a weekend.

I'm generally there on September 11, and I always go to flag retreat that day.