PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical 2 Premiere Questions

Pages : [1] 2

lala1486
08-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Just a few quick questions, hopefully someone can help!

1) What time do you recommend getting there at? We want to be as close to the red carpet as possible and were thinking 8am but after reading other posts it seems this may be way too early? Any ideas?
2) Are they definitely allowing regular old fans to stand by the red carpet and is there any specific area we are supposed to stand? Hate to wait all that time in a place we'd get moved from!
3) Lastly, anything else I should know/expect?

Thanks so much! Any comments would be so helpful!

AVP
08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
1) What time do you recommend getting there at? We want to be as close to the red carpet as possible and were thinking 8am but after reading other posts it seems this may be way too early? Any ideas?Disney is prepared for guests to arrive as early as 6am. I honestly don't have any advice for you as to when you should get there, but just know that is the earliest you can get there.

2) Are they definitely allowing regular old fans to stand by the red carpet and is there any specific area we are supposed to stand? Hate to wait all that time in a place we'd get moved from!Yes, there is a small guest area along the carpet, and they will tell you where to be if you ask. I'm sure there will be CMs in the area to direct traffic.

3) Lastly, anything else I should know/expect?Bring water, sunscreen, hats... if the red carpet is where I *think* it is, you're not going to have much in the way of shade.

AVP

scoffey
08-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Just a few quick questions, hopefully someone can help!

1) What time do you recommend getting there at? We want to be as close to the red carpet as possible and were thinking 8am but after reading other posts it seems this may be way too early? Any ideas?
2) Are they definitely allowing regular old fans to stand by the red carpet and is there any specific area we are supposed to stand? Hate to wait all that time in a place we'd get moved from!
3) Lastly, anything else I should know/expect?

Thanks so much! Any comments would be so helpful!

Hahah you just asked all the questions I want answers to also!!

From what it sounds like they aren't going to allow very many people to line up...and it doesn't sound like very many people really even know about this either!!

Any help would be appreciated!

annieb727
08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Dumb question here...what's HSM2??

codewoman
08-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Just a guess: High School Musical 2

yellowrosedtxn
08-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hahah you just asked all the questions I want answers to also!!

From what it sounds like they aren't going to allow very many people to line up...and it doesn't sound like very many people really even know about this either!!

Any help would be appreciated!

I thought you would be there!!!! I hope to see some pictures if you do go. Danielle would have a fit and she would LOVE to be there, but I can't afford to go to this premier.

taybug517
08-09-2007, 12:22 PM
When's the premiere? I hope its not while I'm there...

evrythngwmn
08-09-2007, 12:25 PM
When's the premiere? I hope its not while I'm there...

Tuesday August 14th in Downtown Disney.

lala1486
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Thanks so much everyone for all your help! Especially AVP that was great! And I thought we were going to be so early by getting there at 8! Yikes!

annieb727
08-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Just a guess: High School Musical 2

LOL...I should have known...but I just couldn't figure it out...I see the title has changed for this post now (probably because of my confusion) LOL

lala1486
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Oops, sorry about the confusion!

taybug517
08-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Yayy I'm going on Wednesday, August 15th!

scoffey
08-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Has anyone heard anymore details on this?

Last I heard the arrivals start at 4:30 and the movie is at 6:30, and they will allow lining up at some point but not all day!?

lala1486
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Has anyone heard anymore details on this?

Last I heard the arrivals start at 4:30 and the movie is at 6:30, and they will allow lining up at some point but not all day!?

Hmm this is all pretty confusing....lots of varying information from different places! I wish there were some sort of official announcement... If you find anything out Shannon please post it! Thanks all :D

AVP
08-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Hmm this is all pretty confusing....lots of varying information from different places! I wish there were some sort of official announcement...There was an official announcement (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=74933).

Stars of the movie, along with director-choreographer Kenny Ortega and other celebrity guests will walk the carpet in Downtown Disney prior to the 6:00pm screening. Following the Downtown Disney festivities, they will attend an invitation-only poolside party at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
And the information I posted above was direct from Disney.

Disney is prepared for guests to arrive as early as 6am. I honestly don't have any advice for you as to when you should get there, but just know that is the earliest you can get there. I'm not trying to be harsh, but Disney is not going to make this easy. Look at it from their perspective - they really don't want 50,000 screaming fans to rush the resort. They are leaving it vague enough that they can adjust their plans on the fly once they see how many people actually show up - and when.

My advice, if you *really* have your heart set on being in the front row along the red carpet. Get there at 6. If there's a crowd, join in. If not, go get breakfast and come back at 8. If there's a crowd, join in. If not, take the Monorail into Disneyland and ride a few rides. Check back at 10. If there's a crowd, join in. If not, wander Downtown Disney for a while. Check back at 11. If there's a crowd, join in. If not, go get lunch.

Repeat until there's a crowd, at which point, join in.

I'm sorry we don't have better advice for you, but this is the first time they've done this and nobody knows what to expect.

AVP

APiratesLife4Me
08-12-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry we don't have better advice for you, but this is the first time they've done this and nobody knows what to expect.
AVP

I was just wondering do you mean they have never had a High School musical premiere ever before? or do you mean a premiere in downtown disney when you say "first time they've done this"?

If you meant a DTD premiere which I'm not sure if that is what you meant they have done a premiere there before.

AVP
08-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I was just wondering do you mean they have never had a High School musical premiere ever before? or do you mean a premiere in downtown disney when you say "first time they've done this"?

If you meant a DTD premiere which I'm not sure if that is what you meant they have done a premiere there before.HSM. Think about the Pirates premieres - even after two there were still TONS of posts here asking "what time should I get there," and "how close will I be" and "who will I see?" This is the first HSM premiere, also the first Disney Channel premiere at DTD, and I don't think anyone knows what to expect. Which I'm sure is why Disney isn't saying "if you are here by 'X' time you'll definitely get a spot along the carpet." If 50,000 people show up, they are going to need to re-think their strategy very quickly. If 5 people show up, it's a different story.

I think they've learned not to paint themselves into a corner, and that's why there isn't more specific detailed information about what, when and where.

AVP

lala1486
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Okay thanks AVP I think I will probably do that...perhaps arriving a little later though... we're not huge fans but just think it will be a fun experience and if someone else is willing to get there at 6 for it they deserve it wayy more! Again thanks for all the advice!

scoffey
08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
The shirts are made...the posters are finished... and the 15 year old girls are freaking out! Oh how I love Disney and HSM

yellowrosedtxn
08-13-2007, 04:37 AM
I just wondered where my post went telling Scoffey that I had pm'ed her.

I didn't realize you weren't allowed to inform someone that they had a PM in their mail box.

adriennek
08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
I just wondered where my post went telling Scoffey that I had pm'ed her.

I didn't realize you weren't allowed to inform someone that they had a PM in their mail box.

We don't have any record of that post - there may have been a hiccup when you submitted it?

We don't delete posts. We may delete inappropriate text if it violates a Community Policy, but we don't delete posts.

HTH.

Adrienne

yellowrosedtxn
08-13-2007, 09:24 AM
We don't have any record of that post - there may have been a hiccup when you submitted it?

We don't delete posts. We may delete inappropriate text if it violates a Community Policy, but we don't delete posts.

HTH.

Adrienne

I didn't think you all usually deleted posts and it is possible that the system did hiccup, I was just wondering. Thanks!

AVP
08-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Live update: 1:10 pm

There are several hundred people here - under 1000 according to one of the CMs who is counting the crowd, but it's a big group.

The viewing area is divided into corrals, with the people who arrived earliest at the spot nearest the theater, and the people who arrived later filling in from the spots nearest the parking lot. I don't know that there's a heck of a lot of room for new arrivals - it's pretty crowded already.

Wetzels Pretzels, Jamba Juice and Haagen Daas are all vending directly to the crowd, with employees roaming the area with trays and carts of stuff. ESPN Zone has someone out selling disposable cameras, umbrellas and sundries. Compass Books is apparently out of every teen scene-type magazine they had in stock.

I've found scoffey and her group, no idea where lala1486 is. There's a press conference at 2, then arrivals start at 4:30.

I'll post again after the press conference if there is anything that can't wait until tomorrow, but from the set up it looks like I was wrong, and the conference will be all HSM2.

AVP

lala1486
08-14-2007, 06:59 PM
We got there pretty early and it was already busy but we were close enough to the front. The weather though was awful! Apparently 100 degrees! My son is very susceptible to the heat and wasn't handling it well at all so around eleven thirty twelve we were beginning to think of leaving because he looked really sickly. But to think of leaving after all that! Luckily around that time a friend of mine who came with us but chose to go in the park called from DL and told us that the parade was on but with all the HSM people and she was almost up front even though she hadnt waited at all! She asked a cm and found out there was another at DCA around 12 so we decided to call the premiere a day and rush to the parade. Way better than we expected! We waited about 15 minutes, were front row, and saw them all! (except corbin bleu much to my daughters dissappointment but she was okay with it) They rode by in cars very very slowly so we got a great look and they were all fun friendly and waving! They even specifically shouted hi back to my son! I must admit Zac Efron was a little disappointing he wasn't as in to it as the rest of them were - the others were all dancing and peppy and goofy - he just smiled a little and then even checked his phone! But he seemed nice enough. Anyways we were delighted! We also saw Disney 365 and think we may be on it! That was fun! Any news from the premiere? We went back at 4 just to see how busy it had gotten and boy was it a difference! I dont think we could have stood it - not in that heat! It was sad to see kids crying who had gotten pushed back because they were too little...

Okay that must just be my excitement this is such a long post! Sorry!

taybug517
08-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Haha I was in DTD today and went to check it out around 4:15. We stayed until about 5 and then decided to leave... it was hot. I can't imagine getting there in the morning and waiting all day! I don't even like that movie that much, just wanted to see something. Maybe catch a glimpse of Corbin Bleau (Sp?)... I think he's cute. =D

Did anyone else besides the HSM stars go? Miley Cyrus or anyone else?