PDA

View Full Version : SoCal AP Holders [blockout dates]

JamesDL
08-08-2007, 09:26 PM
10 more days!!! 10 more days till we can go back to DL. Feels like these past 2 months have gone by so slowly.

I know some AP holders don't get the chance to go often, but me and my friends were going at least once a week since we got our APs back in March. So this summer break has really sucked!

So when is your next visit going to be? What is the first ride you are going to go back after your hibernation, what is one thing you have been craving for?

vfire
08-09-2007, 06:00 AM
I imagine the 19th will be mobbed since it's a Sunday, so I'll probably go on Monday, which will also be crowded but hopefully many people will still be working that day. ;)

Shootingstaar
08-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I'll be there the night of the 21st to catch the fireworks, then there all day on the 22nd. We are staying at HoJo's. The "plan" is to get there at opening and get in line for Nemo since it's not an EE day, but my plans don't usually work out. Since we usually don't get there til noon when we are driving from home, I hope to do things that we usually skip, like splash and the dark rides. I wasn't really thinking about it before, but now I'm excited :D!

VickiC
08-09-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm trying to figure out what to do. We don't usually go at all when DH is in town. He doesn't have a pass and is only home about one week a month. This month it happens to be that week, so I'll probably wait until we drop him at the airport on Aug. 26. The kids aren't back in school until Sept. 4 so we have that whole week.

Wendi
08-09-2007, 09:58 AM
I won't be going until Thanksgiving week... soooooo far away!

rakkwhite
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I'll probably take the kids Sunday. If it's really crowded, we'll go to DCA and do all the things to get us wet... Grizzly River Run, splash zone watching GRR waterfall, Princess Dot Puddle Park, Flik's Fun Fair water area, and S.S. Rustworthy. The kids love to do this on a warm day.

We'll probably go on a week night (I'm not too keen on standing in long lines during the heat of the day) to see our favorites: Nemo (never seen this, but sure to be new and exciting), Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Pirates. These are "must see" rides for my two kids! Can't wait!!!

River Belle
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Now it's only nine more days, and I sure am counting!!!

We'll probably skip the 19th, though, and go the evening of the 20th or 21st. Dinner in the park and a few of our favorite rides sounds like the perfect cure for the "summertime blues."

Koala Gurl
08-09-2007, 08:47 PM
We are going on the 26th, just my DD (2 1/2) and I. I want to have a special mommy & me day at the park (and mommy really wants DD to see the electrical parade.) ;)

DD is too funny...she has been asking for so long now when we can go back, and even has her dress picked out for Ariel's Grotto.

(Who says those under 3 won't remember DL??) ;)

RStar
08-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I went last week, and will go this weekend. I've been going a few times a month since I first got my pass in 1994 (Premium- no Black out dates).

Before that I was going with my wife about once a month while we were dating. And before that once a year with my family since 1960. :cool:

So why change a tradition? ;)

DizneyMommy
08-10-2007, 06:44 AM
I was there yesterday (Premium - no BO dates) and trust me, you don't want to be there right now. It wasn't quite as bad as I expected it to be line-wise, but add the heat and TONS of daycamp kids running crazy (or walking in unbreakable 20 person human chains in a diagonal line- but that's another rant) and we had a very long day. We will be happy to forego daytime trips for the rest of August and wait until the "big" kids are back in school, makes 2 year old wrangling alone in the parks much easier.

missmonkey
08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
I have been dying for some D'land since June. I know that Sunday the 19th will be a madhouse (sp?) but I have to see Fantasmic! again. I'll go for the late show and get a Main St. coffee or some ice cream before I get my spot. Then I'm planning to go again on Tuesday the 21st. I will force myself to get there at opening so I can get in line for Nemo.

I start nursing school that week (finally!) and I've been told that there will no time for Disneyland this semester. Clearly they're insane because there is ALWAYS time for Disneyland. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :)

CV12Pirate
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
I start nursing school that week (finally!) and I've been told that there will no time for Disneyland this semester. Clearly they're insane because there is ALWAYS time for Disneyland. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! :)[/QUOTE]

I think it will be a matter of moments once you are in class to realize that they are not insane. Good luck... you're gonna need it.