PDA

View Full Version : No more Hotel guest entrance for Monorail

sierranevada
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
We went to board the monorail last night and found out that they no longer have the entrance for hotel guests only. Is this temporary or a permanent thing?

The Evil Queen
08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
You mean by Rainforest Cafe? No way!

Crazydave
08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
At the Downtown Disney station: As long as you have a valid disneyland Pass and handstamp, anyone (including hotel guests) can enter the monorail

at the tomorrowland station, there is no hotel guest only line that I am aware

Darkbeer
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Pretty sure it is gone forever, one of the things that had to go due to the lack of space due to the new Finding Nemo queue.

Though Disney still reserves the right to only allow Hotel Guests to ride when the queue gets long, especially if one of the Monorails is down due to mechanical issues.

The Evil Queen
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
At the Downtown Disney station: As long as you have a valid disneyland Pass and handstamp, anyone (including hotel guests) can enter the monorail

:eek: PHEW! :eek:

One of the main reasons that I stay at the Disneyland Hotel (vs. the GCH) is for the monorail and the convenience it offers as far as accessing the Park...

That was a close one!

3duckgirl3
08-08-2007, 08:57 PM
At least during Early Entry, there's a sign at the DD entrance saying "for hotel guests only." They didn't check to confirm that we were guests and I didn't see the sign during the day, but it was definitely there early in the morning!

DizneyMommy
08-09-2007, 05:28 AM
They do change it at certain times to allow only hotel guests into the park via DD in the morning and only hotel guests out of Disneyland sometimes at night when it is really crowded. That is to ensure those who are staying at the resort have a chance to get on since they are using it for transportation rather than just a joyride. I cannot remember the last time I saw a separate hotel guests entrance, that had to be a very very long time ago, unless you are thinking of the hotel guests only boarding times maybe.

Darkbeer
08-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Actually, there was a Hotel Guest Priority line at the Tomorrowland Station until the Tomorrowland station went under a remodel and changes to the ramps that accessed the platform late last year.

As stated earlier, when the station came back from that remodel with a new entrance on the east end (instead of the west), there was no way to have a second Hotel Priority line with the new setup.

sierranevada
08-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually, there was a Hotel Guest Priority line at the Tomorrowland Station until the Tomorrowland station went under a remodel and changes to the ramps that accessed the platform late last year.

As stated earlier, when the station came back from that remodel with a new entrance on the east end (instead of the west), there was no way to have a second Hotel Priority line with the new setup.

That was the entrance I was talking about - sorry I didn't make it clear.

Thanks for the update, Darkbeer. I miss the priority line late at night when you have to wait for a few trains.

pisces
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Though Disney still reserves the right to only allow Hotel Guests to ride when the queue gets long,

Yes, that's very true, and they don't need a special entrance to do that.

It doesn't happen all that often, anyway. They usually just start with handstamps only, and it really has to get extremely crowded for them to invoke the Hotel Guests only rule.