PDA

View Full Version : November trip with my Mum...

CarlieB
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
My mother and I will be at DL for a long weekend (Fri 9 Nov - Tues13 Nov) on our way to San Francisco. I've been several times before, and she's been once. It's kind of a relaxing start to our holiday (we're flying over from NZ) so we'll be spending some time in the parks, hanging out by the pool (hopefully ythe weather will be okay!) and doing a bit of shopping and restaurant time. Mum's not so keen on the 'big' rides. She does things like the Haunted Mansion and Pirates okay, but won't go near things like Splash Mountain or BTMRR. That's okay with me - I'm quite happy to do them as a single rider, and no doubt we'll have some time to ourselves to wander around and do things seperately.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for things to do in the Parks that woould be fun, but a bit different (ie stuff we mightn't have done before, or mightn't think of doing). I'm a bit sad the Gallery is now closed, 'cos that was always a favourite place of mine to hang out and get away from it all, but I'm guessing the Holiday decorations will be up, which is always fun. Any ideas/suggestions are most welcome:)

Nancy
08-08-2007, 03:17 PM
When I go with the girls (only twice, no kids to complain about how dumb they think this stuff is) we liked to ride the train all the way around with either ice cream or carmel corn from Pooh Corner, go in all the shops in NOS, feed the birds at the Hungry Bear's lower level, take a conoe ride, walk around the back of BTM and pet the goats at the little farm, ride the fire truck, Omini bus, and the horse drawn trolley. We love all the rides too but sometime we need a break. Sitting at the hub munching something rather fattening just people watching is nice too

Wendy Bird
08-08-2007, 04:12 PM
We like eating at the Cafe Orleans for lunch around 1pm. We sit outside closest to Pirates of the Caribbean to enjoy the New Orleans Band that performs around 1:20-1:30.

CV12Pirate
08-09-2007, 06:55 AM
I like the train too. Don't forget Columbia and Mark Twain for a cruise. I'm taking my mom next June, she is 76 and is excited as a 16 year old about going.

Roast yer Liver...

Wendi
08-09-2007, 10:09 AM
If you enjoy wines, there is a wine tasting in DCA that is really nice. I finally did it for the first time last year (it was on my to-do list for quite a few trips!!!)

Not in the parks, but there are activities at the Great Hearth in Disney's Grand Californian that are nice for some downtime - campfire songs and storytelling, etc. It's an especially nice break if it happens to be cold or rainy outside.

The animation building in DCA has fun things to do - I like learning how to draw the characters.

Take her to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies too, such a funny show!

CarlieB
08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all the ideas:)

We will definitely be seeing Billy Hill et al - they are one of our favourite shows to take in at DL. The wine tasting is a great idea - I've been meaning to do it for ages.