PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain [refurb schedule?]

tigger08
08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Can anyone tell me is Splash mountain usually closed in April?

DizneyMommy
08-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Splash just re-opened after being closed for several months for a major refurb

bloodnswash
08-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Can anyone tell me is Splash mountain usually closed in April?

Usually spring break is going on in April. I've seen Splash Mountain go down but re-open just for spring break. Then once spring break is over it goes back down. Is this true for every time?? I have no idea. :)

tigger08
08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I sure hope that it is available to ride, as this is one ride that we've all wanted to go on and it might be the only trip with the kids that we take as we don't live in Cali. I will keep an eye on the revurb list as the time get's closer.

Darkbeer
08-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Splash, just like Pirates and iasw need to close every year or so to allow the boats to dry out and be repaired (patch holes, etc.). A fact of life with water rides. It only takes a few weeks if nothing else needs to be done. Not sure when Disney will schedule the closure though.

nvmom
08-09-2007, 07:26 AM
We've been to DLR 3 times, and 2 out of the 3 times it's been closed. We go in the off season. It was closed once in Feb or once in early Mar. Maybe that's their typical repair time??

nvmom

tigger08
08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
thanks NVmom... Maybe they were closed longer this year because of the major revub that everyone is talking about. I wonder what they did?

Will my 4 year old be able to sit in the back with my husband?

Darkbeer
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
This spring, they replaced almost the entire 3 lift hill mechanisms (the conveyor belts and the motors that run them), one half of the largest lift hill was replaced a couple of years ago. They basically reached the end of their life span.

And yes, they allow an Adult and a kid to sit together in the back bench seat. But not two adults...

tigger08
08-10-2007, 07:42 AM
thanks so much. I think that is the only way we would get our little guy on the ride is to have him sit with his dad. I'm putting the two olderest children in font so they can get the wettest. They are 12 and 10 so they shouldn't have a problem with it. I'm hoping the picture will turn out and we can use it as our christmas card.