PDA

View Full Version : July 17 2002?

BELLEH5
07-08-2002, 08:54 PM
Now I know it's Disneylands 47th b-day on July 17th. Will there be a huge celebration, crowds, any more info...? Call me crazy, but I decided to drive down there just for that one day!!! I work tuesday and thursday nite. Will this day be worth my 417 mile and 6.5 hour drive?? How many of you MousePadders plan on being there on Wednesday July 17th?????

Thankx Belle

Rallymonkey23
07-08-2002, 09:23 PM
We will be there....... Wasn't there talk about a potluck?

Nigel2
07-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
Now I know it's Disneylands 47th b-day on July 17th. Will there be a huge celebration, crowds, any more info...? Call me crazy, but I decided to drive down there just for that one day!!! I work tuesday and thursday nite. Will this day be worth my 417 mile and 6.5 hour drive?? How many of you MousePadders plan on being there on Wednesday July 17th?????

Thankx Belle

Well probably not, but they could have a "surprise" parade like they did several years ago with the remaining "old men".

blusilva
07-08-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm planning on it! :)

Sophie832
07-08-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm already planning on being there.

These days, there's no guarantee of a big celebration, especially since this is going to be in the middle of the week. There will definitely be something going on, though. I'm sure some pins will be released that day too, so expect big crowds from the pin hounds, kinda like on Walt's b-day (though not as big).

BELLEH5
07-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Since My friend and I will be down there that one day, she'll need a ticket, of course!! Now is there a 1 day park hopper ticket? And is it cheaper to buy the tickets with the Disney Club card or with my annual pass?( if theres a discount) thankx***

Darkbeer
07-09-2002, 11:19 AM
There are NO one-day park-hoppers....

The Disney Club card will get you a discount on multi-day park-hoppers, but no discount with an AP.

There is currently a Southern Californian Two-Day Park Hopper, but you need proof of zip code...

Otherwise, look into getting an discounted 3-day hopper at the Disney Stores or AAA.....

zapppop
07-09-2002, 03:49 PM
Is there any specific time or place everyone wants to meet at ?

Not Afraid
07-09-2002, 03:53 PM
I will be able to be at the park until only about 5:00 PM. I have a 6:00 class in Fountain Valley that I need to get to.

Shall we meet for lunch somewhere?

Bill Catherall
07-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Come on...don't make me get out my He-Man sword. (Big ;) ) :D

Since there's already a thread in the Lounge discussing a meet on the 17th I would ask you all to please carry on any plans in that thread.

Here's the link: July 17th Meet (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7223)

I ask only because I'd hate for someone that wants to go to be looking there for all the plans and miss this thread...and miss out on all the fun. :( (And I don't want to move this thread because it's about what kind of celebration Disney is going to be throwing.)

Thanks. :D