PDA

View Full Version : Weather??

disguy
07-08-2002, 05:58 PM
Is there anyone out there that know what the weather report is out there at Disneyland? I keep getting mix responces from websites :(

tinkfreak
07-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Hot and humid.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
07-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Very hot

Disney Nick
07-08-2002, 10:58 PM
I went July 4th-7th and it was suprisingly cool. Breezy and in the upper 70s. Perfect weather!

netnet
07-09-2002, 05:40 AM
Can you define hot and humid. I'm in Texas and probably have a whole different idea of what hot and humid means :).

Uncle Dick
07-09-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by netnet
Can you define hot and humid. I'm in Texas and probably have a whole different idea of what hot and humid means :).
It's definitely not "Texas hot and humid". In fact, I wouldn't say it's humid at all. It is a bit hot, though, with temperatures reaching into the low 90s on some days.

RStar
07-09-2002, 11:55 AM
I would call 90 degrees and 98% humidity hot and humid, but I'm a native Southern Californian. At least that is for the next few days. A few days ago was real nice. This "hot and humid" spell should only last 3 or 4 days tops (we're in the second day now).

This time of year you will generally find mid 80's during the day and mid 60's at night- very comfortable. We currently have a high pressure system over us and some monsoonal moisture comming up from Mexico making it very humid.

So I would say the answer to your question is do you want todays weather, or another day? It changes from day to day here.

disguy
07-09-2002, 12:05 PM
I'm worried about the weather for Thursday,Friday,Saturday

Uncle Dick
07-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by RStar
I would call 90 degrees and 98% humidity hot and humid, but I'm a native Southern Californian.
Growing up in Central California (where an average summer day reaches into triple digits) and spending a whole summer living in the deep South, I've gained a new appreciation for the terms "hot and humid". To anyone who's spent any amount of time in those regions, the weather in Southern California has been delightful. A bit warm, to be sure, but still very nice and bearable.

Rallymonkey23
07-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Growing up in Central California (where an average summer day reaches into triple digits) and spending a whole summer living in the deep South, I've gained a new appreciation for the terms "hot and humid". To anyone who's spent any amount of time in those regions, the weather in Southern California has been delightful. A bit warm, to be sure, but still very nice and bearable.

Amen!! It was 116 dergrees in Lancaster today (at work). I was sooo happy to get back to Anaheim!! Oh, and btw Uncle Dick, Sorry for being a tard when parking tonight. I could see the fustration on your face when you kept waving me into the space infront of me........ :D

Uncle Dick
07-10-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Oh, and btw Uncle Dick, Sorry for being a tard when parking tonight. I could see the fustration on your face when you kept waving me into the space infront of me........ :D
No problem. At least you weren't like some guy earlier in the day who almost ran me over in an attempt to jockey for a better spot up close to the escalators. He had a "Fab Four" license plate frame so I guess he was worried he might be late for the show. :rolleyes: It was nice to finally meet the Rallywife!

coronamouseman
07-10-2002, 05:21 AM
RStar hits it on the head - warm days and cool nights.

DLR is only some 20 miles from the Pacific and sometimes the evening moisture will last well through the day (although in the summer it tends to burn off quickly and this next week or so it will burn off very fast)

Humidity is SoCal is not nearly at the levels you find in the SouthEast like in Texas or Florida, but occasionally there are bouts of high humidity caused by moisture coming from the south or from Pacific storms

The best part about DLR is the summer nights - you often get a cooling breeze off the Pacific which can cool things down quite a bit from warm daytime temperatures - better to ride Splash Mt. or GRR in DCA when the sun is out because if there is a good onshore flow of wind and cooling in the evening yoiu might be uncomfortable is you are still soaked from a water ride (not like WDW where even at midnight it doesn't matter if you are wet from a ride or from the humidity - either way you are soaked!)

netnet
07-10-2002, 06:30 AM
Thanks for the info. We'll be there in about a week and a half and am looking forward to a break. With all the rain we're having it's been like a sauna down here; only 9:30 am and it's 76 or so with 97%.

RStar
07-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Well, Uncle Dick, I have to agree with you. I'm not usually one to complain about our weather because we have some of the best in the Nation. I find it humorous when during the winter here people complain that its "SO COLD outside!" when it is 55-60. People in New England would find that to be a heat wve that time of year! And when it's "hot" at least we get a break at night most of the time! And the humidity is more of a rareity.

disguy- I think you will find the weather great those days. By then the humidity should be back to a comfortable level, temps in the normal low 80s during the day, 60s at night. Some people consider it that a little nippy late at night and keep a light sweater around to put on when nessisary.;)

Have fun.

Bob

tinkfreak
07-10-2002, 11:36 AM
This being the only place I've ever lived, it's plenty "hot and humid" to me. I'm so sick of people going on and on about what babies we So Cal people are. If you've never expierienced anything else, something can be extreme to you.

netnet
07-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Tinkfreak, I did not mean to imply that SoCals are babies, I apologize if you took my remarks that way. I only wanted a reference to compare with. My sharing of our temp. and humidity was merely a friendly passing of information.

tinkfreak
07-11-2002, 01:03 AM
Aaaw don't sweat it. :) I was just generally ranting.

Not Afraid
07-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Today is overcast, rainy, humid, and hot. My head feels like it has its own high pressure system in it. I think I woke up in South Carolina.

BELLEH5
07-11-2002, 01:58 PM
Its really hot up here in Northernn CA, between 100-113 dgrees** Whats the forecast for next Wednesday?

RStar
07-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Well disguy, if you haven't left yet looks like the humidity will be with us for a while. I just heard 20-40% chance of showers through Tue., and we got rain today as you heard above. Sorry, but at least it's not 110 degrees! Just a bit muggy.