PDA

View Full Version : How long is the wait for Nemo lately?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bellbell
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello,

We are going to the resort next week! yeah!
How long is the wait for Nemo lately?
Is the line still long in the morning?
I remember Darkbeer suggested to try later in the afternoon as the lines were actually shorter than morning.
Is it still the case?

Thanks for your input!

taybug517
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm going next week too!

AlbertaMinnie
08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Us too!!! I heard that if you line up at park closing, that the line is shorter then....but darker? Can anyone clarify that as well????

Edubz
08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I went last week. I haven't rode it yet the lines were so long. The sign at the end of main street said the line was a 2 hour wait, although i am not sure how accurate they keep that. As far as length goes, the line wrapped back opposite the matterhorn west line and entrance, past that and about a quarter way to its a small world.

cyby
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
As of last week, at 9pm lines looked like around 90 minutes long or so.

Wendi
08-07-2007, 08:12 PM
It's open for early entry, right??? I'm really hoping to ride it without a huge wait by the time we go again in November.

3duckgirl3
08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I did it as an Early Entry ride, didn't run to the line, and probably had about a 35 minute wait--if that (this was last Thursday). The ride was definitely cute, but I sure wouldn't wait longer than that!

JamesDL
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Funny thing is when it first opened, I heard many people saying that it was worth the 2-4 hour wait. Now I've been hearing a lot of... worth no more than 30 minute wait. My friend went the DAY AFTER, and waited 4 hours in the blazing sun. I went that day too, but our group decided to branch off when me and another friend decided we weren't going to wait. Well one of the girls that waited later told us that it was TOTALLY WORTH the 4 hour wait!

I guess I will just have to see for myself, but I probably won't go on till it's 30-45 minutes.

annieb727
08-08-2007, 01:13 AM
*ugh* I don't like the sound of the lines...dh is insistent that we'll go on it at least TWICE. We will be at DLR for five days in September (18th-23th) with a day off for Knott's. UGH!

PlayGirlBunny
08-08-2007, 01:47 AM
it said it was 90 mins yesterday that I went.

DizneyMommy
08-08-2007, 06:29 AM
We rode a few days after it opened, I think it was a Thursday, got in line about 415pm so the sun was falling behind the Madderhorn offering some shade, and a lot of people were already in the process of worrying about dinner or were watching the parade. The sign said 90 minutes, but it really took about 60. When we got in the line, the end of it was where it just starts to curve around the backside of the lagoon, under the monorail tracks next to the ODV cart that is usually there. I would definatly say if you are going to stand in the line, at least do it when the sun is going down or gone. My two year old stayed in her stroller and had a snack until the very front, otherwise that would have been a nightmare.

The Evil Queen
08-08-2007, 08:13 AM
The ride was definitely cute, but I sure wouldn't wait longer than that!

You know, I remember the subs from when I was just a kid. Didn't really like it too much THEN...flourescent fish and all. If the wait is longer than 30 minutes, I'll skip it. I'd rather use my EE line time for Peter Pan...or better yet, Snow White!:fez:

evrythngwmn
08-08-2007, 08:56 AM
It's been flucuating at closing from 30 mins to an hour.

mousemommy
08-08-2007, 01:52 PM
We are going next week too! Not sure if we will try to see the subs, we may just wait until Toy story mania opens and the lines go down for the subs.

CharmingsWoman
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
We rode two weeks ago on a Saturday, and right after EE it was about a 45 minute wait. I was happy with all of the changes, and I think that it's better than the Nemo ride at WDW (which we rode a couple days later on our honeymoon), but I will be ok to not ride it again until after our next trip at Christmas.

Leofoenget
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
As of last week, at 9pm lines looked like around 90 minutes long or so.

I'm going in mid Sept on a Wed evening. It will be interesting to see how long the lines will be evening off season. I HOPE to be in line around 7pm and not wait TOOO long. We'll seeee

DizneyMommy
08-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Yesterday, Thursday, it was a 2 hour wait all day, and it definatly looked like it, it wrapped around the back of Madderhorn. We were with friends who wanted to ride it and so we checked the board constantly and it never went down, we left at 9pm and the board still said 2 hours.

Best bet- if you really want to ride it next week, get in line after the sun goes down so at least you are out of the heat, and bring a snack.

danyoung
08-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Please oh please, DizneyMommy, every time you call the mighty Matterhorn the Madderhorn I die a little inside . . .

DizneyMommy
08-10-2007, 07:04 AM
So sorry... you'd think having lived here and visited it for 27 years I could at least remember to spell it right! :-)

sierranevada
08-10-2007, 07:06 AM
We went in Thurs. for EE and went straight to Nemo. It was having technical problems at that point but we stayed in line. It opened about 7:30 and it took us a little less than one hour. If it had opened right at 7, it probably would have been 30 - 45 minutes. We had already done all the rides in the park the prior 3 days so knew that Nemo was the last major ride we wanted to get one.

We are very glad we waited and rode it - it was so wonderful to see the subs back in the lagoon and they did a great job on the ride. It is not hot in the morning so a good time to be in the queue. A CM did say that as long as you get in the line by park closing, you can still ride and that the line is shorter by then.

After the park opened, the wait climbed to 2 hours and held steady all day.

danyoung
08-10-2007, 08:23 AM
So sorry... you'd think having lived here and visited it for 27 years I could at least remember to spell it right! :-)

Not a problem, Mommy. I'm probably not the greatest speller on Earth, but a few words really trip my trigger, like the most often misspelled word on the Internet - "definitely" (usually spelled definAtely!). We all have our pet peeves, don't we? ;)

seanutbutter
08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
At midnight the other day the lines were still 55 minutes. We managed to get on after waiting 1 hour, 15 minutes at around 10pm or so.

Darkbeer
08-11-2007, 10:07 AM
First off, don't believe the Wait Board at the Hub, it usually is off by quite a bit, good for a general overview, but not really up to date. (And one of my regular paths is walking by the Nemo queue then head to the Wiat Board to get a photo, so I can clearly tell there is a big difference).

Yesterday afternoon around 2:30 PM. the wait was only around 70 minutes, most of the queue under the Monorail tracks near the Matterhorn was empty. Of course, the Wait Board claimed 120 minutes.

Katran
08-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I've been to Disneyland enough times to notice that actual wait times are often about 1/2 of what the sign says. Does this seem to be holding true for Nemo?

seanutbutter
08-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I've been to Disneyland enough times to notice that actual wait times are often about 1/2 of what the sign says. Does this seem to be holding true for Nemo?

I guess it would depend on the time and situation, but in my case the sign at Nemo claimed the wait would be an hour and a half. Like I stated earlier, I got on after an hour and fifteen minutes.

On a somewhat similar note, the Wait Board at the Hub tends to underestimate some of the times. The other day it claimed the line for the Matterhorn was only 15 minutes when in reality it was well over 45.