PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

tigger08
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Can anyone tell me when the Toy story mania is going to be open?

Also will the cars "Mater and McQueen" still make dailey apperances at the park in April.

Darkbeer
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Nothing official has been announced, last I heard, they are trying for a May or June opening, but no promises.

Mater and McQueen no longer come out in a parade style entrance, but they are now available whenever the park is open in the Condor Flats area, basically a photo op.

I presume they will stay out until they need to start work remodeling the area, which I presume will be after Toy Story Mania opens.

tigger08
08-08-2007, 01:14 PM
They are there for the whole Day? The boys just want there picture taken with them.

Darkbeer
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
They are there for the whole Day? The boys just want there picture taken with them.

Yes, I can't promise they will be in April, but currently they are available from 9:30 AM until park closing. They don't move or make sounds, just a photo op with one CM watching over the area.

And I think it works better, I have more than one picture of kids holding their ears when the cars used to honk.

They have a queue and folks grab their photo and go on their way.

Right across from Taste Pilots Grill...

tigger08
08-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks I will check back into this in March, but will keep my finger's crossed that they will still be there for photo's

Darkbeer
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
The refurb walls around the construction for Toy Story Mania! now are posted with a few posters, all of which state the attraction is opening "Summer 2008".

Also, the exclamation point is on the signs.

Baloo
08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Bean on Laughingplace had said weeks ago that it was still on schedule for a possible June opening

tigger08
08-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Thanks guys for your help... sounds like we will be missing this attraction as we will be there in April. But it gives the boys something to look forward to on another trip if we can get there dad talked into going again... LoL

coronado_g
08-12-2007, 09:35 PM
The last time I went to CA, I was only able to get the quickest peek into the building area of the new ride by Screamin' (It's really hard getting a good look while riding the coaster). Can anyone tell me how it's progressing? When is the opening scheduled?

sunfun94
08-12-2007, 11:05 PM
There are some pics of progress on last weeks DLR update! :o) I thought there was mention somewhere on the attraction opening Summer of 2008??

Darkbeer
08-13-2007, 05:03 AM
I have a set of photos from the Sun Wheel and from California Screamin' in my photo album from Friday, August 10th (check the link below).

Signage was placed up on the refurb walls, and they state that Toy Story Mania! is opening Summer 2008. That is the most detailed info on the date that has been released.

annieb727
08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, it would make sense to me to have the opening early summer - start of the busy season - and they wanna drive a lot more traffic to dca...this is the way to do it!

tigger08
08-13-2007, 11:33 AM
If were lucky it will be open by the third week of April that would be right after the big Spring break rush... the park will start dying down again (or at least that's what I'm hoping) and they can add another rush by opening the mania. Wishfull thinking... Hey the year of a million dreams is being extended right!!

denise
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Any news on Toy Story Mania? Any idea when it is opening and what it is all about? Thanks all1:)

Darkbeer
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Toy Story Mania! is progressing, and recent signage has the attraction opening in Summer of 2008.

Quinten27
08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Any news on Toy Story Mania? Any idea when it is opening and what it is all about? Thanks all1:)

It's a ride that will be similiar to Buzz, in that you will have a light pointing gun/device that you will use to play various midway games through out the ride, collecting points as you "win" the various games. Anything beyond that, I don't know.