PDA

View Full Version : Past Monorail closures during fall

CaliDreamen'
08-07-2007, 12:52 AM
The few times I have visited DLR in the last 7 years the monorail is closed. We always visit in the fall. Is it always closed in the fall? I know it was closed b/c of the new Nemo ride in fall 2006. Currently, I don't see it on the closure list for fall 2007, however should I expect it to be closed b/c it is fall.

It really sucked being closed last year when we visited. We were at the DLH and it felt like it was a longer walk (especially with no tram/bus like you get staying off property) to DL. Taking a 3 year old and 5 year old back and forth 2X a day was exhausting! My DH convinced me to not bring the stroller because we could get them in the park.

Oh-one more gripe. Why can't we take the strollers to the DLH since we stayed on property? I thought maybe that should be one of the perks of paying the extra money for staying on property. What do ya'll think???

DizneyMommy
08-07-2007, 05:19 AM
It has been down for a major refurb on and off over the past few years and then down during nemo construction, I think you are clear for this fall barring any breakdowns.

Darkbeer
08-07-2007, 05:51 AM
At $18 a day for two strollers rented from Disney, maybe you should head to Wal-Mart/Target and look at the cost of 2 inexpensive strollers you could buy and take to the parks. At the end of your stay, you could just leave a note for the maid to take it home, or donate it to charity, or take it to a charity drop off box yourself.

DizneyMommy
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
I have always thought it would be so nice if the resort hotels rented their own strollers for registered guests. Would make a lot of people's lives a lot easier!

jMom
08-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Re: strollers -- we just bring our own or rent them for "free" by showing our Disney Visa card.

I hear you on the convenience, but I can just imagine the logistics nightmares from the Disney end ... so it goes