legend- Jiminy Cricket, The Three Caballeros, Pecos Bill, Toot- Whistle-
Plunk and Boom and many, many more. His free spirit and nonconformist
attitude in very conformist times demonstrates to generations to come how to
work in a administered corporate climate yet remain an artist. I heard that
when he was in hospital the other day he was still making jokes about the
golf course nearby. He will be missed but he will live on in our collective
memory.

tom sito<<

"Walt Disney is dead and you missed him." - - Ward Kimball opening a CalArts lecture.

RIP Ward.

For some cool recent footage of Ward goofing around with David Swift (his one
time assistant and later director of Pollyanna and Parent Trap), see the new
Vault Disney DVDs of those two films.

MammaSilva
07-08-2002, 03:42 PM
how sad :( but he will always be with us ........

Gemini Cricket
07-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Thank you, Ward Kimball. The world is a happier place because you were in it.
:)

RStar
07-08-2002, 04:57 PM
That is so sad.
Ward you will be missed.

Loosing these guys is like loosing a friend.

How many of the Nine Old Men are left?

merlinjones
07-08-2002, 06:33 PM
>>How many of the Nine Old Men are left?<<

Just Frank and Ollie - - still together.

blusilva
07-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Ward, thank you. I'm certain your wings have suspenders!

DisneylandKid
07-09-2002, 06:12 AM
:(

Also, check out the thread in the General Entertainment section about him.

TecTalker2K
07-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Heaven is going to have one hell of an animation department. Farewell Frank, you have brought a lot of joy into many peoples lives. Say Hi to Walt for all of us.

RStar
07-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by TecTalker2K
Heaven is going to have one hell of an animation department. Farewell Frank, you have brought a lot of joy into many peoples lives. Say Hi to Walt for all of us.

Strange way to put it, but true.:)

By they way, I think you mean to say "farwell Ward". Frank didn't pass away, Ward Kimball did. Just FYI.;)

TecTalker2K
07-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Shoot, where did I come up with Frank? Ward, please forgive me.

oregonzooron
07-12-2002, 08:02 PM
:crying:

newhdplayer
07-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Ten replies here

and 52 replies for a swan?

Just wondering.

Tigertail777
07-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Goodbye Ward we hardly knew ye. The world was a better place because you were in it. Say hi to Marc Davis and Walt for me.:crying:

HBTiggerFan
07-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by newhdplayer
Ten replies here

and 52 replies for a swan?

Just wondering.

If you look HERE (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7618) you will see this has been discussed in detail.

JCLowesman
07-13-2002, 06:53 PM
Not only was Ward an amazing animator, he also was one of the MAJOR influences in Walt's formulation for DL. In the 30's, Ward started collecting antique trains, not toys - real ones that he and friends restored and operated on his ranch. Of course Walt caught the bug and built his own back yard empire, the Carrolwood Pacific, which was the seed for Walt's Dream.

WArd continued to collect, restore, and operate his trains until recently, when he donated the bulk of his collection to the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris, Ca. You can visit this wonderful legacy whenever you like, and they are working toward operating his trains someday, like the other pieces of their collection. The cost is minimal and you can experience a lot more American history while you are there. Trains of some type are usually operating every weekend. It's great!

socabch
07-14-2002, 07:59 AM
Wish good people who contribute happy things to the world had a special lease on life to live longer and healthier. Ward, enjoy your time with Walt

adriennek
07-14-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by JCLowesman
WArd continued to collect, restore, and operate his trains until recently, when he donated the bulk of his collection to the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris, Ca. You can visit this wonderful legacy whenever you like, and they are working toward operating his trains someday, like the other pieces of their collection. The cost is minimal and you can experience a lot more American history while you are there. Trains of some type are usually operating every weekend. It's great!

Our family has a membership to this museum and Ward's contribution there was a large part of the reason why. We're grieving the loss of this great man in many ways.

Just a small clarification-- Ward has donated his entire collection to the museum, but it's not all there yet. Only a few pieces are there, the bulk was to come after his death. Ward built a barn at the museum (appropriately named Grizzly Flats Railway, the same name Ward gave the railway in his backyard) Recently underwrote the building of a turntable. For the past several years, Ward was a frequent visitor at OERM. I always hoped we'd run into him one day. Although we were members of the museum, our membership was lost for a brief time and we were never notified of the Member Picnic last year. Ward attended it and we missed it.

For more information about OERM and Ward's contributions, here's an article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/akrock/akrock25.htm) I wrote in the spring of 2001.

Adrienne K

MonorailMan
07-14-2002, 09:16 AM
I find this very ironic:

We were at the OERM the day Ward died, and had no clue about him dying.

RIP Ward. :crying:

rexfarms
08-10-2002, 06:51 PM
RIP:( :crying: