PDA

View Full Version : Inside or Outside at Ariel's Grotto?

josephfive
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
It will be for lunch in August. I'm thinking inside due to the air conditioning, but didn't know if the character interaction was better in one place or the other.

Thanks!

AlbertaMinnie
08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
We have been twice...once outside, once inside. Character interaction was very good both inside and out. Outside still felt like you were inside...it that makes sense...but with more space to move around. If we have a choice next week....we'll take outside if we can get it.

MileHighAko
08-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Love the view from outside. Love the air-conditioning on the inside. Pick your poison, both are great. Last time we were outside it as a hot day, and although it was a little uncomfortable, there were fewer people, so the interaction with the characters seemed to be bettr.

Koala Gurl
08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
We were outside in the middle of June, and while it was a pretty warm day, we ate there around 4pm, and had the most incredible breeze. I much prefer outside, as long as it isn't super hot outside.

DizneyMommy
08-06-2007, 05:27 PM
We have eaten there inside a dozen or so times, and while we love the food, we always feel like the characters spend a lot more time outside. But then, maybe people who sit outside feel the same about the inside... the grass is always greener... :-)

Koala Gurl
08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
We have eaten there inside a dozen or so times, and while we love the food, we always feel like the characters spend a lot more time outside. But then, maybe people who sit outside feel the same about the inside... the grass is always greener... :-)

I think it just depends on the actual characters.

Of all the times I have been (usually mid-week off-peak) we have had some great princesses (Cinderella being the best for us.)

The time I sat outside, the princess were more interested in speaking w/ one another. While it was nice that they looked like they were having fun, they kind of glossed over my DD (granted she is only 2 1/2, but loves the princesses.) This was during the week, but after the summer "peak" had begun. Not sure if these were newer hires, or if they were just in a particular mood. It wasn't bad, just not as good as before. But I really don't think it had anything to do w/ inside vs. outside. :)

josephfive
08-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks friends! I chose the outside because even if we don't see lots of princesses we will still have a great view and plenty for my DD to look around and see.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Koala Gurl
08-07-2007, 08:01 AM
That is another thing we liked about outside...DD wasn't quite as restless outside. I think it helped that we had one of the last tables out by the water, and there is a little area DD could run around in.

carolinakid
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
We sat outside in early May around 4pm and had a wonderful time. All the princesses who were there at the time came around and spoke to us (even though we were 2 adult males -Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle & Ariel). The scenery of California Screamin' as a backdrop was great and we had a terrific breeze from the bay. I would recommend it always unless the heat this month is absolutey unbearable.(Hell, I'd still sit out there!) Also don't forget the outdoor bar upstairs. yummy specialty drinks!!

jazzysmom
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
We greatly perfer outside. I LOVE eating on the water. I feel less crowded outside too.