PDA

View Full Version : Was it really that great? [Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage]

Pages : [1] 2

kx65 33b
08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
I just returned form Disneyland on Sunday. We got in line at Nemo at night and had about an 1 1/2 wait. Not as bad as I thought it would be. When we finally got into the subs and on-board, i was not impressed. The subs have too much of the movie in it. The many projections took away from the ride. Maybe it was because it was dark and we didn't see muck of the coral, or maybe it was me. Does anyone agree?

(I know i wont be riding them again.)

pastrylover
08-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I have to admit that I have never seen the movie Finding Nemo all the way through but I did enjoy the ride. After a nearly two hour wait I had a lot of fun on the ride. My only suggestion is that they put a head rest or something at the top of the port hole so it is more comfortable to look out. Would I stand in line again for that long to ride the ride....well probably not but I still like the ride.

DizneyMommy
08-06-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm with the OP on this one. After having been subjected to at least a few dozen viewings of the movie by my 2 year old, I was a little bored by the ride. It was not all that exciting to me, but she went NUTS! SHe loved it, and giggled and screamed the whole way. Wasn't even afraid of the parts other people were warning about (I didn't find them that scary, but then we could recite the movie in our sleep). At first the way they projected it was neat, but I became bored once I realized that that's all it is, parts of the movie projected on a screen and the same old sub ride. I actually liked the original better now that I have ridden Nemo, but I KNOW my daughter would beg to differ! As long as the kids are happy, right?

screamin4ever
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Nemo is not supposed to be another Indiana Jones. It is a unique dark ride. Is it worth a 2 hour wait? Maybe not. It is nice to have the subs back and it is a great experience for what it is. I would equate it with Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. But I am more inclined to wait for Nemo because I love that movie and I get to ride in a sub!

cstephens
08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Nemo is not supposed to be another Indiana Jones. It is a unique dark ride. Is it worth a 2 hour wait? Maybe not. It is nice to have the subs back and it is a great experience for what it is. I would equate it with Roger Rabbit and Monsters Inc. But I am more inclined to wait for Nemo because I love that movie and I get to ride in a sub!

As far as being a Nemo attraction, I like the dark ride at Epcot better. But I'm with you in that much of the appeal for me is that I get to ride the subs here. That there's stuff to see just adds to that.

olegc
08-07-2007, 07:15 AM
they have to overhype the subs for now because of all of the spending to bring the attraction back. So by next summer the lines will die down and it will a little more busy than MI over at DCA (mainly due to the larger volume of visitors AND the popularity of Nemo the movie).

I FINALLY rode it last week (i know - why so long) and was very happy with it. Did it blow me away? not at all -and I did not expect that. The hype machine did not affect my perception on that. I enjoy it as I do Jungle cruise. It's there, it's a fun attraction especially with family.

josephfive
08-07-2007, 08:02 AM
I thought it was fun. Not worth a wait of more than one hour, but fun.

Empico
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
How often does one get to ride in a submarine? It's a unique experience.

DianeM
08-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Personally, I've ridden in submarines twice. In Hawaii. It was a wonderful experience, and I highly recommend it. I'm also looking forward to Nemo, but that's a different kind of submarine. :-)

http://www.atlantisadventures.com/

How often does one get to ride in a submarine? It's a unique experience.

DianeM
08-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't remember there ever not being a line at the DL submarine ride. The subs and Autopia were always long waits when I was a kid. Of course, everything was a long wait when I was a kid, before line management and fast passes.

they have to overhype the subs for now because of all of the spending to bring the attraction back. So by next summer the lines will die down and it will a little more busy than MI over at DCA (mainly due to the larger volume of visitors AND the popularity of Nemo the movie).

mousey_girl
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I was not overly impressed. Luckily I was able to ride with 25 people that I truly enjoy being around. When we got off the ride The Boy summed it up pretty well, "For a bunch of projections, it was ok, but not worth more than a 15 min. wait."

jMom
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM
I liked it a lot. I thought the ride has a nice balance of old and new sub ride things, the technology worked well on the ride, and that it was really good for sparking kids' imaginations. I found the EAC scene to be a bit disappointing, but enjoyed some of the others v. much.

It was a very fun ride, and even though I've seen Finding Nemo a lot, I'd go on the ride again. I just would not wait more than 30 minutes in line (I got to the line right after the park opened, and it took maybe 20 minutes until I boarded the sub).

tigger08
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Hopefully the lines for this ride will die down through out the year so next spring we won't have much of a wait. My son is scared to death of going in the sub and he's five almost six so we will see how it goes once we get there.

olegc
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't remember there ever not being a line at the DL submarine ride. The subs and Autopia were always long waits when I was a kid. Of course, everything was a long wait when I was a kid, before line management and fast passes.

Well, the sub ride pre 98 ( or whenever they closed them) did not have that long of a line... the wait was quite short (maybe 30-60 min) - and this is before they announced the closing of the attraction.

Heaven Is Disneyland
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
:)Nemo is one of my favorite movies and so I had high hopes for the ride, maybe my hopes were too high. The wait time is not worth it, and I feel bad saying that. I feel bad for everyone that is wating so long. We got there as early as we could on a Sunday about a month ago and even then,the wait was two hours. We traded back and forth and got food, the girls in our party rode some other rides and I chatted with my friend, so the wait was not unbearable. It was early in the morning so the heat was not a factor. Now, with summer in full swing, I feel sorry for the people waiting in line, and I feel bad for the kids, it is so hard for them to wait that long. I feel that they didn't show Nemo enough in the ride, everytime they showed any of the characters, they were on a screen and secenery was built around it. I would of liked it better if the characters were animatronic, they didn't have to look exactly like the movie. I enjoyed the submarine ride in it's original form and I will come to like this new version way down the road, once I can ride it without a long wait. I felt the ride itself was pretty long, but not worth it for the wait there is right now. It was cute, though and I am glad I got the chance to ride it, the day we went, our main goals to were ride the Nemo ride and explore the new Pirate's Lair. I actually enjoyed the Pirates Lair more than Nemo. Some time WAY IN THE FUTURE, Nemo will be a ride I go on each time I am in the park, but I estimate that to be years from now. Booooo.

CookieBandit
08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I wasn't impressed. I waited 2.75 hrs during a Saturday afternoon (I know - why not wait until the wait time was a little shorter?) and it was okay. I liked the first part better - before the Nemo part. I don't have a problem with the Nemo part, but it just seemed like a waste of a ride when you could have the Nemo part in a regular theater-type setting. Half of the time, I couldn't hear the dialogue of the Nemo characters.

I don't think I'd go on it again... not unless the wait time was 30 minutes or less (which, because of the way the ride is set up, is probably very unlikely), and even then, I'm not sure I would care enough to go anyway.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I have to agree. I would have been really disappointed had I waited in line for 4 hours for this ride. It was cute, but not my favorite kid ride. I was thankful we didn't wait more than 1 hour.

FunMom
08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
We're headed to DL the first weekend in October. I understand the nemo line can still be up to 2 hours long. Is the ride spectacular enough to warrant waiting so long in line? We expect to spend at least 1 day back in DL during summer of 2008 so we know we'll have an opportunity to enjoy it sooner or later....but if it is not to be missed, we'll wait out the line....

Thanks in advance for your input!

lala1486
08-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Personally, I thought it was a great ride - fun and different! But I don't think it's worth waiting for - only because you are in DL and there are so many other things to do! It's not something you should be upset over missing. I had fun waiting because we went specifically for that and we had a great group of people with us, but I'm not rushing back. Maybe just be glad that it is distracting many other guests and keeping lines just a little shorter for other rides! Hope this helps and have a great trip!

seanutbutter
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I would wait in line just so I could say, "I rode Finding Nemo!" Then again, I don't visit the park often, so for me it was either now or never. It truly depends on how much you desire riding the attraction, because if you're not up to it in the first place, waiting for up to two hours will obviously not be fun. Then again, waiting in line is part of the whole Disneyland experience, right? :D

BackSideOfWtr
08-22-2007, 10:46 PM
to be honest...... no it's not worth the wait

dhollister
08-23-2007, 12:13 AM
I imagine I was one of the first riders of it, since I was about 30th in line on the opening day. I only had to wait about 15 minutes to get on it. While it was very cool and is exciting because it's a new attraction, I certainly would not wait more than, say, an hour for it.

emmah
08-23-2007, 12:35 AM
isn't this one of those questions like 'how long is a piece of string?'.... it seems to me that there will be a multitude of answers and only you, or someone who knows you really well, will be able to give an answer you can trust...

i would never, under any circumstances, wait for any ride for more than half an hour but other people are quite willing to do so... and apart from anything else, curiosity will have me haring straight to Nemo when I get back to the park in January... but I still won't wait for more than that magic 30 minutes... :)

stan4d_steph
08-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Is the ride spectacular enough to warrant waiting so long in line? We expect to spend at least 1 day back in DL during summer of 2008 so we know we'll have an opportunity to enjoy it sooner or later....but if it is not to be missed, we'll wait out the line...Your thread has been merged. See above for responses.

Mickeygirlforever
08-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh my family loved it! We waited about 2 hours back in June and we had a lot of fun. We liked it better than the one in Epcot just for the fact that you're in the water. They did have similarities though. We were wishing we could ride it again (excited to go back in October and ride it again :)). We weren't disappointed at all. But then again...we didn't expect some Indiana Jones experience. I liked it :). It's fun just to say that you've already ridden it.