PDA

View Full Version : Free Shipping On Disneyland Tix?

barely
08-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I just purchased our 5-day park hoppers on the DL website. I was charges 3.00 shipping. I thought shipping was free with an at least 10-day advance purchase.
What's up?:geek:

CV12Pirate
08-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Should have got them at your local AAA office. They have discounts too.

Andrew
08-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Every time I've purchased Disneyland tickets on their Web site, there has been a free shipping option for estimated 10-day delivery. Did you select a faster shipping method?

Darkbeer
08-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Ever since Disney has made the "e-ticket" option available, they added charges for both the prior free shipping, and even pick up at Will Call. Basically to try and get folks to use the Print at Home "e-ticket" option, which is free.

It works very well, just print out the vouchers (one per person) on your printer, then take the vouchers directly to any Park Entrance Turnstile, the CM at the gate will scan the barcode on ther voucher, and a printer will print your actual ticket in just a few seconds. The CM keeps the voucher, and hands you the printed ticket (exactly the same as any other ticket, just as if you went to will call or had them shipped to you.

So basically the charge is to try and have you use the "e-ticket".

Katran
08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
I've printed my ticket vouchers on two separate occasions and had a good experience both times. Smooth sailing, no problems. I second Darkbeer's recommendation.

barely
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
I used regular shipping, and I saved bucks by purchasing online. Less expensive than AAA, which I do have. Thx!

CV12Pirate
08-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Cheaper than AAA. So much for getting tickets at AAA. Thanks.

barely
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Sorry, not cheaper than AAA, but the same as AAA. And with AAA you do get free parking at DL (which I didn't need). Also, with the online tickets you can go right to the gates, no need to turn vouchers in 'cause the tickets that you get online are THE tickets. I hope I haven't confused anyone!:p