PDA

View Full Version : Fudge of the month

cstephens
08-05-2007, 09:57 PM
People may or may not know that Disney sells fudge in several locations. The ones I know of are the Pooh shop in Critter Country and Market House on Main Street, next to Disneyana. They have several flavors they offer all the time and then a special flavor of the month. I'm not a fan of fudge (I find it to be too sweet and am not crazy about the texture.), but the husband and friends who like fudge love some of the flavors Disney has to offer. Some people wait all year for their pumpkin fudge, which is available in October.

The fudge of the month flavor for August is key lime, which is not one I recall them having before. The husband bought a square to try. Since I love key lime pie, he convinced me to try some. It does have *great* key lime flavor, but the fudge is still not something I like, so I wouldn't have more than the tiny taste I did. He said it was really good and agreed when I asked, "Thumbs up?" For anyone who likes fudge and key lime, this would
seem to be a great combo.

Dlandmom
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
A few years back I purchased some fudge from the shop next to the Shooting Gallery in Adventureland. As I am also not a huge fan of fudge, I haven't checked lately to see if they still sell it there.

The Key Lime sounds interesting...I may try some the next time I'm there. Thanks!

cstephens
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
A few years back I purchased some fudge from the shop next to the Shooting Gallery in Adventureland. As I am also not a huge fan of fudge, I haven't checked lately to see if they still sell it there.

Yep, we used to refer to that as the fudge shop. They haven't sold fudge there for some time. It's mostly a Christmas shop now.

Malcon10t
08-06-2007, 10:41 AM
People may or may not know that Disney sells fudge in several locations. The ones I know of are the Pooh shop in Critter Country and Market House on Main Street, next to Disneyana. It's also in the Candy Palace, Greetings in DCA (usually where I buy) and in Marcelines in DTD.

Katran
08-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not a fan of key lime anything, but I LOVE their Tiger Butter fudge. I can eat nothing but Tiger Butter for days. :p

fredc
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I buy fudge quite often from Marcelines in DTD. In the parks they used to charge you tax (they consider it a souvenir not food). But at Marcelines they don't. Besides chocolate some of my favorites are Amereto and Coconut. This year I got them both together

barely
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone know the fudge of the month for September? Sure would like to try the pumpkin fudge!

motoxprincess31
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
you guys thats so mean to do to a pregnant woman :( Fudge sounds so yummy now, and I really want pumpkin fudge LOL

meghan1
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I swear I'm a fudge addict. I'm not much a fan of key lime anything, but I'd totally go for some key lime fudge.

D15
08-07-2007, 02:42 PM
When we went in May, the flavor of the month was Raspberry Lemonade fudge. Now, I had always gotten my vanilla fudge (with nuts) from the Frontierland fudge shop, and when I found the Pooh candy shop didn't have it, I was super grumpy. It took a lot of coaxing to make me try the Raspberry Lemonade one as a 'substitute'... but I did end up bringing a couple pieces home for later "use" :D

CarlieB
08-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm not a fan of key lime anything, but I LOVE their Tiger Butter fudge. I can eat nothing but Tiger Butter for days. :p

Okay, I've gotta ask....what is Tiger Butter fudge?

Katran
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Oh my goodness, you've never had it?! You are SO missing out! Well, I think so anyway.

Tiger Butter Fudge is a blend of Milk Chocolate, Vanilla and Peanut Butter. The top looks a bit like a tiger's stripes. I've heard that White Chocolate can be substituted for Vanilla, but I'm pretty sure Disneyland's version is Vanilla.

CarlieB
08-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh my goodness, you've never had it?! You are SO missing out! Well, I think so anyway.

Tiger Butter Fudge is a blend of Milk Chocolate, Vanilla and Peanut Butter. The top looks a bit like a tiger's stripes. I've heard that White Chocolate can be substituted for Vanilla, but I'm pretty sure Disneyland's version is Vanilla.

That sounds fantastic! I must keep an eye out for it next time I'm there....

Katran
08-09-2007, 05:53 PM
It's my favorite by far. If you don't have much of a sweet tooth it might be too much, but if you're a sugar- and choco-holic like me, it's heaven! :D

Nancy
08-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Does Disneyland make it's fudge from scratch? Years ago I used to work in a fudge shop that said the fudge was scratch but it really was a mix that you added a lot of real butter and beat in a huge mixer. It was very good but I thought it was a bit deceiving.

lisap
08-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Does Disneyland make it's fudge from scratch? Years ago I used to work in a fudge shop that said the fudge was scratch but it really was a mix that you added a lot of real butter and beat in a huge mixer. It was very good but I thought it was a bit deceiving.

I have a feeling this is the case with DL's fudge as well--at least I know it's true for the pumpkin fudge after checking with the folks at the candy palace a couple of years ago. Doesn't make it less yummy, though. Mmmmmmm.......

Katran
08-11-2007, 07:09 PM
With the amount they have to crank out each day, I'd be surprised if it's from scratch, but I also admit that I don't know how long it takes to make fudge from scratch.

Nancy
08-16-2007, 04:02 PM
With the amount they have to crank out each day, I'd be surprised if it's from scratch, but I also admit that I don't know how long it takes to make fudge from scratch.

I can only speek from a single batch perspective. Cooked fudge takes a bit of time. I can't imagine the time it would take making the huge batches of candy they make.

Katran
08-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Everytime I see this thread my mouth starts watering, lol! :p

Geneva
08-18-2007, 05:37 PM
We had some maple fudge from the shop on Main Street in WDW a couple of years ago, and I'm still "yumming" on it!

We're heading to DL in December. Does anyone know what the usual "holiday" fudge flavor is?

Nancy
08-19-2007, 02:08 PM
We had some maple fudge from the shop on Main Street in WDW a couple of years ago, and I'm still "yumming" on it!

We're heading to DL in December. Does anyone know what the usual "holiday" fudge flavor is?

I don't know but I'll bet it's something like "eggnog" or "peppermint stick".

Katran
08-19-2007, 02:25 PM

They have MAPLE fudge?! I didn't know that. I LOVE maple!! I wonder if they have it at Disneyland? I'm going to have to look for it next time I'm there.

Geneva
08-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah, they had it at WDW, and it was incredible! I think it was maple walnut, and it definitely had some little nutty pieces in it. It was so smooth and maple-y....

barely
08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
You, Geneva, are downright cruel! ::p

Malcon10t
08-19-2007, 06:20 PM

We're heading to DL in December. Does anyone know what the usual "holiday" fudge flavor is?They sometimes have EggNog and Candy Cane. Depending on when you go, pumpkin. I love the Orange Cream.