PDA

View Full Version : Expect Crowds?

disguy
07-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Being that 4th was dead (so I hear) I'm wondering what the experts out there think about this coming weekend at DLR.

I'm wondering if everyong who didn't plan there trip for the fourth is going this weekend like me?
Anyone have Ideas?

Ghoulish Delight
07-08-2002, 09:15 AM
I'd expect the crowds this weekend to be about the same as they've been the past few weekends. Crowded, but not capacity in DL, light at DCA in the mornings and evening, slightly heavier around lunch time when DL is at its most crowded.

This summer, from what I've seen, the crowds are pretty manageable. Make good use of FP, be willing to wait in a half hour line or two for non-FP rides (just avoid Roger Rabbit during daylight hours unless you have a FP. 30 minutes with no shade sucks). Even NOS during Fantasmic is navagable (i.e., you can actually walk through it pretty effortlessly, they've got the crowd control down to a science).

RideMax Mark
07-08-2002, 09:36 AM
If the crowds are like they have been the past few days, I'd expect FASTPASSES for Splash to run out by mid-afternoon.

Ghoulish Delight
07-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by RideMax Mark
If the crowds are like they have been the past few days, I'd expect FASTPASSES for Splash to run out by mid-afternoon. Yup. But that's what single rider is for ;) It's not like you get to sit with anyone anymore anyway. Single rider can get you on in minutes, even when there's a 3 hour line!

disguy
07-08-2002, 10:04 AM
So if I'm with the other person that's going with me and we do single rider is there a good chance they will be on the next boat or could be a while between us?

Ghoulish Delight
07-08-2002, 10:06 AM
I'll let someone else answer that. I've only done it once, and it was close to closing time, so I'm sure it wasn't representative. There were 3 of us, and we got one right after the other.

I know Zapppop's done it a few times, and once even ended up on the SAME log as someone he was in the single rider line with. But I suppose you could end up pretty spaced apart.

Uncle Dick
07-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by disguy
So if I'm with the other person that's going with me and we do single rider is there a good chance they will be on the next boat or could be a while between us?
In all the times I've gone single rider, I don't think I've been more than four or five logs behind the guy in front of me.

Crowds should be pretty nice next weekend if they're anything like yesterday. Haunted Mansion was a walk-on at 2 pm, and CMs were breaking down some of the extended queue thingys that had been set up in front of Pirates and the Disneyland Railroad. When I walked on to Star Tours at about 9 pm, the cabin was half full and when we rode the DLRR at around 8 pm, I'd say the train fluctuated between one quarter to one half full.

hefferdude
07-08-2002, 12:32 PM
That sounds so cool! I'd be there in a sec.!!!! My kids prob. couldn't care less, but I would totally love it. We'd have to add Davy Crockett, though, of course. \

In all the times I've gone single rider, I don't think I've been more than four or five logs behind the guy in front of me.

Single rider has been fairly consistant with only a vehicle or two between us. Does anyone have a current idea of the attractions
with single rider?:)

Uncle Dick
07-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by hefferdude
Does anyone have a current idea of the attractions
with single rider?:)
Just check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7452).