PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Blast! Meets Barrage!

Pages : [1] 2

Rallymonkey23
07-07-2002, 11:05 PM
For those who could not make it to the last show of Barrage..... You missed a good one! Durring the Sing! Sing! Sing! song, the drummer put on a harness drum and started drumming normally, but then the whole show changed into Blast! Two of the guys were doing the tamborine(sp) hip shaker, while one of the guys played Bolero on the little whistle thingy. Then other people from the group held their violins up like trumpets and started to move across the stage exactly like the people from Blast! do! That whole part of the show was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. :D They had me rolling!!! Oh yeah, some of the cast from Blast! was in the audience tonight, so that made it even better. I talked to Jason from Blast! after the show and he told me he couldn't stop laughing.

Oh yeah, once again, it was nice meeting both Flubber and Uncle Dick. Hope to see ya again soon! Somehow I think well cross paths again. ;)

Uncle Dick
07-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Dang, you beat me to it. :D The whole last show was absolutely hilarious. In one number, Ben Gale, the percussionist dude, donned a giant afro-wig and danced around the stage playing a car horn.

Sing Sing Sing was definitely a highlight though. Matt McDonough wore this goofy mask and during his big drum solo, did the whole BLAST! thing. At first, I thought to myself, "Gee, this reminds me of BLAST!," and then, as the familiar Bolero march began to play, and the members of the audience began to catch on, I just started laughing hysterically. After a couple of minutes of Bolero, Matt finished his drum solo and the song continued. After two encores, and very thunderous applause, Barrage decended into the bowels of Club Buzz. Only then did we start noticing that members of the BLAST! cast were in the audience enjoying Barrage's final show with everyone else. As Rallymonkey said (great meeting you, BTW), it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and I hope one of the many people who were filming the show manage to put it up on the web somewhere. Can't wait for Barrage to return.

Rallymonkey23
07-07-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
Dang, you beat me to it. :D The whole last show was absolutely hilarious. In one number, Ben Gale, the percussionist dude, donned a giant afro-wig and danced around the stage playing a car horn.

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! I was to wrapped up in the whole Blast! thing.

Sing Sing Sing was definitely a highlight though. Matt McDonough wore this goofy mask and during his big drum solo, did the whole BLAST! thing. At first, I thought to myself, "Gee, this reminds me of BLAST!,"

Funny you said that. As soon as he did the little 'flip- twisty' thing with his drumstick, I was thinking the same thing.
:cool:

Not Afraid
07-07-2002, 11:38 PM
OMG! This little event made the day! What I found amusing was the "cute guy" in Barrage was playing the part of Uncle Dick's Cymbal girl (with out as much hip swiveling - darn;) ) The whole last set was an amazing show. Even though we all swore we would not close the park, we ended up doing just that yet again.

Uncle Dick
07-08-2002, 12:56 PM
A few more things about the final show…

As the Club Buzz stage rose, Meco's "Star Wars Disco" played while the percussionists, guitar and bass players danced. Finally, the violinists entered from the Club Buzz building at the rear and made their way down to the stage.

After the show-stopping Bolero number, Barrage played a wicked cover of the "Ice Ice Baby". Well, the first verse anyway. That show rocked.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-08-2002, 03:27 PM
AUGH.....must..contain...jealousy....:mad: :)

RideMax Mark
07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor

My thoughts exactly!

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 03:35 PM

Does it help to know that I was thinking about you during the show and wishing you were here? (I honestly did that.)

Sheila
07-08-2002, 04:18 PM
What's even worse is that a certain poor soul (me) could've seen both shows. Instead, I had to go home early from the park and finish a project I had procrastinated on.

:grinding of teeth:

This is what you get when you put off doing projects with deadlines. Ergh. :(

Sheila

Cadaverous Pallor
07-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Does it help to know that I was thinking about you during the show and wishing you were here? (I honestly did that.)
Hmm, let me think about that...NO. :p :D

Why do you happy people have to tell us about all the wonderful things you do?! :D I'm starting to feel for those that don't live close to the parks, like Mad4Mky and Stinkerbell. You guys don't ever feel that we are telling stories just to rub your faces in it, do you?

zapppop
07-08-2002, 05:51 PM
One of my favorite parts of the evening was when the bass player
( in his english accent ) referred to the Observatron as the
" spinny thing that makes wierd noises ".

I think some pics were taken after the show.

I wonder who has them ;)

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 05:55 PM
Why do you happy people have to tell us about all the wonderful things you do?! :D I'm starting to feel for those that don't live close to the parks, like Mad4Mky and Stinkerbell. You guys don't ever feel that we are telling stories just to rub your faces in it, do you?

But we didn't DO it, we just happened to be there to experience it. We report because we all need to share with others who will understand the "Magic" that is Disneyland. We've all seen it and want more - its a fabulous thing.

Now quit your whining, get that wedding over with, and come back and play!!!:D

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Oh, and did I forget to mention that they are all adorable!
Especially these two.

Here's my own personal favorite cute guy, Matt Somethingerother from Manchester flanked by the sister of Fej/Ralph Wiggum and me.

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Barrage%20boy.jpg

The vote for cute girl went to Claire from Ireland, surrounded by her bodyguards Fej and Zapppop.

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Barrage%20girl.jpg

Upon viewing the pic, Claire exclaimed in a lilting Irish accent, "You look a little moody there, Isaac. I think I almost see a smile from you.;)

Bill Catherall
07-08-2002, 07:28 PM
You guys don't ever feel that we are telling stories just to rub your faces in it, do you?
Nope. I need your stories. I live vicariously through you guys. :D

Cadaverous Pallor
07-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Looks like Zapp can hardly contain himself... ;)

(that was NOT a Mansion reference! No, Zapp, stop doing the spiel! ;) )

You picked THAT guy for the cute one? What about the baby-faced one that looked just a touch like Dave Foley? I originally liked the longer-haired blond, but after seeing a daytime show I changed my mind. :cool:

I'm still mad, you know.

Cadaverous Pallor
07-08-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall
Nope. I need your stories. I live vicariously through you guys. :D
Oh, ok, cool. :D Maybe I'm just jealous of them because we're so close.

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 07:35 PM
You picked THAT guy for the cute one? What about the baby-faced one that looked just a touch like Dave Foley? I originally liked the longer-haired blond, but after seeing a daytime show I changed my mind. :cool: .

This guy got my vote due to his charisma on stage. He looks so comfortable dancing and playing. It was obviously a natural for him. Besides, I adore the dark haired English types. (Anyone say Hugh Grant?)

This picture of him is not the best, actually only the POP (sister Julie) looks good. We can blame this on photographer Fej if we need to:D .

Bill Catherall
07-08-2002, 07:48 PM
(Anyone say High Grant?)
Oh man, that's funny! :D :D Was that a typo...'cause man that's funny! :D :D :D :D

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Bill Catherall

Oh man, that's funny! :D :D Was that a typo...'cause man that's funny! :D :D :D :D

Yes, Sinus induced typo in a big way! (At least I have SOMETHING to blame)

FEJ
07-08-2002, 07:57 PM

This guy got my vote due to his charisma on stage. He looks so comfortable dancing and playing. It was obviously a natural for him. Besides, I adore the dark haired English types. (Anyone say Hugh Grant?)

This picture of him is not the best, actually only the POP (sister Julie) looks good. We can blame this on photographer Fej if we need to:D .

Whatever..

p.s. looks like i need some sleep

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 08:02 PM
You picked THAT guy for the cute one?

Yeah, I Picked THAT GUY a loooong time ago. (Sorry, headache didnt allow me to catch that one the first time around)

(and a particular Conneticut Fan of the Matterhorn reminded me)

Frog all gone?

Matterhorn Fan
07-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I Picked THAT GUY a loooong time ago. (Sorry, headache didnt allow me to catch that one the first time around) *cough*

zapppop
07-08-2002, 08:21 PM
I like my pic :D

FEJ
07-08-2002, 08:38 PM
she put her arm around me...lol

zapppop
07-08-2002, 08:40 PM
me too, except you can't see that in the pic. Probably had I not folded my arms.