PDA

View Full Version : Can WDW tickets still be used at DLR?

emmah
08-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi all, I just wondered if someone could give me some quick advice? I am planning my first trip to Orlando for late January/Early february and want to stop off at DLR for a few days on my way back to Australia. I just received a mousesavers email saying that WDW tickets are going up on Sunday so I should buy my tickets now. I remember reading that WDW tickets can be used at DLR - does anyone know if that still holds? If so, then I was planning on buying a 10 day parkhopper ticket for WDW and using the extra days at DLR at the end of my trip - that seems to work out much cheaper than buying a 3 day park hopper on top of a WDW pass. does anyone know if this is a sensible plan? thanks for any advice you have...

anniedg
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
There was a recent thread about this.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=74434&highlight=wdw+tickets

Also, remember that WDW tickets expire 14 days after first use unless you buy the no expiration option.

How fun! WDW and DL in one trip!!

emmah
08-03-2007, 09:02 PM
thank you annie! that is fantastic news. The ten day park hopper works out at $26 a day, but a 3 day park hopper is about $53 a day, so it works out much cheaper to buy one ticket and use it at both parks. it would cost an extra $150 to buy the no-expiration option, but as I understand it, you have 14 days from the day of first use, and my whole trip will be exactly 14 days long, so that is fine. The mousesavers website says that the tickets do not expire until they have been validated at the park, so I can buy it today and it will be fine in January.

hurruh!

thanks again for the link.

FoodLover
08-04-2007, 07:40 AM
The ten day park hopper works out at $26 a day, but a 3 day park hopper is about $53 a day, so it works out much cheaper to buy one ticket and use it at both parks. it would cost an extra $150 to buy the no-expiration option, but as I understand it, you have 14 days from the day of first use, and my whole trip will be exactly 14 days long, so that is fine. The mousesavers website says that the tickets do not expire until they have been validated at the park, so I can buy it today and it will be fine in January.

This sounds like a good plan, since you will be visiting both coasts within 14 days. I don't see any problems with it!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

emmah
08-04-2007, 01:26 PM
thank you for the help. i went ahead and purchased a ten day hopper - $270. I was reading on the WDW page that you can upgrade the pass at WDW once you have used it, so if for some reason I need to, I could think about purchasing the unlimited validity option, but I am pretty sure the whole thing will pan out fine in 14 days.

thanks again,
emma

Malcon10t
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
thank you for the help. i went ahead and purchased a ten day hopper - $270. I was reading on the WDW page that you can upgrade the pass at WDW once you have used it, so if for some reason I need to, I could think about purchasing the unlimited validity option, but I am pretty sure the whole thing will pan out fine in 14 days.

thanks again,
emmaEmma, your signature is showing you are at Disneyland. When do you actually leave?

emmah
08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
the whole signature thing is a mystery to me. i tried to do one about two years ago and made a mess; a moderator went in and fixed it, and since then it shows a completely different message just about everytime i leave a message. i am not heading back your way until late january 2008!

Drince88
08-05-2007, 05:19 AM
That's a 'feature' of the countdown clocks - once they expire, they show the expiration message of either the first or last person on the thread/page (don't remember the details). You CAN go and remove the whole countdown clock from your signature and it'll be all gone.

And the new button installed (looks like a black 7/17 with green letters) makes adding a countdown MUCH more user friendly!