PDA

View Full Version : Typical ride closures in late Jan early Feb?

PennyArcadeSplash
08-03-2007, 07:07 AM
What rides can I expect to be down in late Jan or early Feb 2008?
I'm thinking the last week of January that then begins February...

Is HM back to "normal"?
Is IASW back to "normal" and open again?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks for your help!:p:fez::geek:

IdahoMike
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
If I remember correctly, HM closes first, and is back to normal by late January. IASW seems to shut down later in January and maybe into Feb for a while.
Don't be surprised if the rumored rehab of Indy happens early next year as well, with the 4th movie coming out next summer.

BraMax
08-03-2007, 03:07 PM
When we went the beginning of Feb this past year both IASW and HM were both back to normal and operating. We were unlucky and SM was down the TSI was down for the Pirate Lair as with Fantasmic which we caught on the last night.

PanFan
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Normally IASW is down at the end of January-early February for about two weeks to take down the Christmas decorations. However, the CM rumor mill is telling me that we're not coming back up after this Christmas for about 9 months due to a major(ly needed) rehab. We'll be getting all new boats (which I'm excited about--maybe we won't have the typical daily flooded one!) and possibly a track instead of a flume to prevent bottom outs. I haven't heard any official details on it, but that's the current word on the street. I'm hoping they'll take the opportunity to fix the ceiling...

HM should be back up, though. IASW usually waits until they're back up from Christmas before going down (hence Christmas decorations until late January).

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-04-2007, 10:41 PM
No flume!! Oh I hope thats not true, thats half the charm!!!

disneyhound
08-05-2007, 07:12 AM
The period in late January is our typical annual DL vacation time. As has been already posted, SM has been down a lot in the last 5 years during that time. It is always a treat when SM is open when we are there! It is refurb time, so usually something else is closed, I think the railroad was closed one year. Typically, only one "E" ticket ride is down... But, the short lines make this our favorite time to visit DL!

mommy-san
08-05-2007, 10:49 AM
This past January during our vacation we had both openings and/or closures of Small World, Splash, The Railroad and Dumbo plus a few others I'm sure. But we were well informed- and knew which rides were closing or re-opening on each day during our stay. So we just made a point of doing those things!

Darkbeer
08-05-2007, 01:53 PM
No flume!! Oh I hope thats not true, thats half the charm!!!

I think the point was that the boats wouldn't just be a floating vessel, dependent on the jets of water to move, but instead be a boat on a set of rails that were under the water, this allows a lot more control of the boat, including speed and stopping, plus making sure the boat doesn't "bottom out".

PanFan
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
I think the point was that the boats wouldn't just be a floating vessel, dependent on the jets of water to move, but instead be a boat on a set of rails that were under the water, this allows a lot more control of the boat, including speed and stopping, plus making sure the boat doesn't "bottom out".

That was the impression I got. It would have been nice today--one of the pumps on the north station wasn't working and boats just coming in had to wait for another one behind it to push it onto the belts.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh good, I misunderstood, I was reading that there would no longer be water.

Feel much better now, thank you :)