PDA

View Full Version : Two-fold question - opening hours and hotels

tripodjw
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Two questions gang

Anyone know when the opening hours for fall will be officially out? I've been watching the DL.com website since May and they've constantly been up until the end of September. I know what they were last yr and can guess they'll be the same/similar, but i don't want to book my car hire until i know for definite what time closing time is on my last day at DLR.

Secondly - I've been looking for room availability in the disney hotels for my trip. Back in May the site said no availability at all (which seemed odd for `1 room for 2 people midweek (tues/weds/thurs 13/14/15 in November). More recently i tried and it offered me PP. But i'd kindof like GCH

Anyone know why i might be struggling to see room availability? I can't believe that all the rooms are going to occupied at that time of the yr (i appreciate its just after veterans day but still?)

I've booked the Hojo as a backstop so i have somewhere to stay but if i can get into GCH it'd be great.

jazzysmom
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Hi there,
I am a travel agent & I just went into WDTC and tried to see if I could get the GCH for those dates & it says they are unavailable, just like you are seeing. It also recommends PP. IMHO, if you can't get into the Grand I would stay at HoJo or Candy Cane to save the $$. PP is not worth it. GCH on the other hand is wonderful. I would just keep checking regularly as they may get cancellations.

Malcon10t
08-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Anyone know why i might be struggling to see room availability? I can't believe that all the rooms are going to occupied at that time of the yr (i appreciate its just after veterans day but still?)

I've booked the Hojo as a backstop so i have somewhere to stay but if i can get into GCH it'd be great.Conventions. They block out rooms and don't open them until a few weeks before. I called and they said there were several blocking out rooms. Try back closer to the date.

nickapoohiluvu
08-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Try calling the Disneyland Resort Reservations line directly for reservations at GCH - 1-714-956-MICKEY. Sometimes they will have rooms open that the various travel companies might not. If you're willing to buy an AP or already have one, request rate code AP4 (may or may not still be available). And don't be too afraid of the Paradise Pier Hotel. We actually like it better than the GCH! The rooms are bigger, the staff just as nice and if you cut through the lobby of the GCH, the walk isn't all that bad.

tripodjw
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Hi there,
I am a travel agent & I just went into WDTC and tried to see if I could get the GCH for those dates & it says they are unavailable, just like you are seeing. It also recommends PP. IMHO, if you can't get into the Grand I would stay at HoJo or Candy Cane to save the $$. PP is not worth it. GCH on the other hand is wonderful. I would just keep checking regularly as they may get cancellations.

Hey

Thanks for checking for me. Glad i'm not just being really stupid at using the site.

Try calling the Disneyland Resort Reservations line directly for reservations at GCH - 1-714-956-MICKEY. Sometimes they will have rooms open that the various travel companies might not. If you're willing to buy an AP or already have one, request rate code AP4 (may or may not still be available). And don't be too afraid of the Paradise Pier Hotel. We actually like it better than the GCH! The rooms are bigger, the staff just as nice and if you cut through the lobby of the GCH, the walk isn't all that bad.

Will try calling. Would love to have an AP but live in England and just can't get over to the US all that much - certainly not enough to justify AP's.

But i am getting AP for Paris when i go in Octobe - which i'm stoked about. My first Disney AP. (sorry - off-topic)

Conventions. They block out rooms and don't open them until a few weeks before. I called and they said there were several blocking out rooms. Try back closer to the date.

Will try that if i have no luck calling this week as per nickapoohiluvu suggestion. I just have to get everything sorted by 1 month before - the whole SoCal trip is a surprise for DH's b'day which is about 1 month before and i'm making him a book with pictures of all the hotels and stuff he'll be doing (so obviously i need the hotels for Anaheim sorted by his b'day for the book).

nickapoohiluvu
08-03-2007, 01:38 PM
To hopefully help you justify an AP for one member of your party (if and only if there is AP rates available at the GCH) a 4 day parkhopper costs $179, a Deluxe Annual Pass costs $239, a difference of $60. Your dates are not blacked out (arriving on the 13th of November and Departing on the 16th). Not quite sure what the current AP4 rate is for the GCH, but last February it was $189 a night, a savings of $120 per night, plus the ten percent on dining and you handily cover the cost of the AP and then some on one night's hotel alone. If I misunderstood and you are departing on the 15th, not the 16th, you still come out ahead provided the AP4 rates are available. www.getawaytoday.com shows availability for the GCH available with the 4th night free promotion. Total room cost is $1030. HTH!