PDA

View Full Version : Rooms not ready at Grand Californian Hotel?

aymieb
08-03-2007, 06:13 AM
I keep reading online about rooms at the GCH not being ready at the 3pm check in time. Have those of you that have stayed there experienced that?

kranders
08-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Occasionally. My wife has special cleaning instructions because of her allergies so I usually just assume it's because of that. They give you a password and a call in number so you can just call from your cell phone in the park to inquire if your room is ready.

yellowrosedtxn
08-03-2007, 06:32 AM
I can't tell you about GCH but I can tell you that it happens at the Disneyland Hotel. Sometimes they are ready at 3:00 or a little there after and sometimes not until 4:00.

Dom262
08-03-2007, 06:59 AM
I can't tell you about GCH but I can tell you that it happens at the Disneyland Hotel. Sometimes they are ready at 3:00 or a little there after and sometimes not until 4:00.

Our room this last weekend was ready at 12:30 and DLH. Whenever we have stayed at GCH it hyas usually been ready prior to 3PM also.

yellowrosedtxn
08-03-2007, 07:00 AM
I just know from my experience, the first year we stayed there it was closer to 4:00 or 4:30 when our room was ready and then last year I think it was closer to 3:00 or 3:30 when it was ready.

Raven
08-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Last December, we checked into the Disneyland Hotel at 7:30 am and went to the parks. Our room was not ready until 4 or 4:30pm. :(

Klutch
08-03-2007, 08:07 AM
When are the rooms actually guaranteed to be ready? I was thinking it was 5 PM on the day of check-in, but perhaps it is 3 PM.

Such things happen. Sometimes rooms have problems and require extra cleaning. Sometimes the staff is short-handed. And, sometimes it's just plain ineptitude. Whatcha gonna do? It's a bummer when your room's not ready when you want it, but there's no reason to let it ruin your vacation.

shadyln
08-03-2007, 08:40 AM
I keep reading online about rooms at the GCH not being ready at the 3pm check in time. Have those of you that have stayed there experienced that?

We went this week to ask that very question. If you check in on Sunday, because of the large turnover rate, they give a span between 3:00pm - 5:00pm for check in. Other days they do a bit better.

Burnt Toast
08-03-2007, 09:17 AM
The 3pm check-in is a target, not a guarantee... there is no guarantee when any room will be ready. They try to have the rooms available by 3pm (if not earlier), but there are a lot of factors involved that could mess that up. High turnover rate is one of them, staffing is another, people leaving huge messes is a more common one, prior Guests not vacating the room by the check-out time is an even more common one.

seanutbutter
08-03-2007, 09:24 AM
The 3pm check-in is a target, not a guarantee... there is no guarantee when any room will be ready. They try to have the rooms available by 3pm (if not earlier), but there are a lot of factors involved that could mess that up. High turnover rate is one of them, staffing is another, people leaving huge messes is a more common one, prior Guests not vacating the room by the check-out time is an even more common one.

Exactly, it just depends on the situation. I've stayed at the GCH twice now and have experienced both waiting for my room and walking right into it. The last time we visited our room wasn't ready, so the cast members took our luggage and held it in a secure area. Other than not being able to relax, there's no real problem in not having your room ready.

june1st1997
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
We have stayed at GCH 6 or 7 times and it has NEVER been ready at 3. It's usually 4pm or 5pm.

We have stayed at DLH 4 times and have always been able to get in early (around 12pm).

Koala Gurl
08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
It's usually ready early if you don't care, and when you really are hoping for an early check-in, your room is ready at the cut-off time. ;)

I think our rooms have been ready by the time, but we never really will know for sure, since we were in the parks.

pisces
08-03-2007, 03:31 PM
The earliest I've ever gotten in is 1:00 pm, and that was only one time, and probably because it was a handicapped room. Usually, it's really closer to 4:30-5:30 pm-ish. I've never been kept waiting past 5:30 pm.

There are plenty of places to relax. The conference center has a few chairs. There's the whole lobby. You can sit out by the pool.

I usually just use the time to do laundry in their laundromat---get that out of the way, at least.

APiratesLife4Me
08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
We have gone to the GCH at least 7 times and our room has only not been ready one time and it got done around 4:30 it wasn't a problem because my friend was also staying at the room next door and hers was ready. But like everyone else said they will hold your luggage and the lobby is really nice and you can go into the park.

Kricky
08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
We stayed there last October, and our room wasn't ready when we checked in around 11am. We got processed at the front desk, and they held our luggage. They gave us a card with a number to call (from the lobby phones) after 3:00pm. When we called, they told us our room number, and had our luggage brought up right away.