PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

Pages : [1] 2

Phantom2006
08-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Last night I lost a part of my wallet somewhere in the park. It had my AP, drivers license, credit and debt card in it. What do you guys think the odds of me getting them back is? Has it ever happend to any of you?

What sucks tho is I don't want to pay to get a new pass if they dont find it. My AP is going to expire on 9/3/07 so I think I will just renew and get a new pass and not have to pay a lost fee. Now I just might have to deal with the DMV to get a new drivers license.:(

backsthepack
08-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I hope it gets returned to you. I just have little faith in the public these days when it comes to honesty. It seems to me that those that are dishonest always seem to find the lost wallets and purses.

kikid
08-03-2007, 05:32 AM
I'm so sorry this happened to you. Last week my son had his wallet, ipod, and backpack stolen from his jeep. He was at the beach giving a surf lesson and in that short period of time someone broke his window and ransacked his car! Make sure you contact the police right away to give a report, they will give you a reference number. The second thing you do is contact one credit agency, ie: experian, let them know your id was stolen. Once you make contact with one agency they will report to the other two for you! Make an appt with the DMV for your DL, this can take up to two weeks. Good Luck with all the phone calls...:(
:(
OMG I forgot! Call your bank!!!!

DizneyMommy
08-03-2007, 05:38 AM
That's such a bummer. Something I have been told before is that use should use the same caution with the CC's as with your DL, you should report to the DMV that it is out of your possession even if you end up finding it, that way if someone wrote down your information to use it for identity theft, and someday you find you have been victimized, you have an easier time proving it to the CC companies. Obviously this does not apply to all situations, but I'd say losing it in a theme park among tens of thousands of people would count. You should also put a temporary credit alert on your credit reports, that makes it almost impossible for someone to open credit in your name.

Malcon10t
08-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Last night I lost a part of my wallet somewhere in the park. It had my AP, drivers license, credit and debt card in it. What do you guys think the odds of me getting them back is? Has it ever happend to any of you?

What sucks tho is I don't want to pay to get a new pass if they dont find it. My AP is going to expire on 9/3/07 so I think I will just renew and get a new pass and not have to pay a lost fee. Now I just might have to deal with the DMV to get a new drivers license.:(Did you check Lost and Found? File a report? Last time we were there (daughter lost her cell) a man walked up and said "I lost my wallet about an hour ago, I know its too early, but I want to file the report." But didn't need to, they already had it, $300 and all! And yes, if it doesn't turn up, renew.

mistofviolets
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I want to add that you are entitled to one free credit report a year, from each agency. If you haven't been taking them up on it...in a month, 4-6 months, 8-10 months (and then a year from first accessing your report) you should order 1 report from an agency. That way you'll have an early heads up if someone does try to use your info.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp (No, you don't need to sign up for anything, by law you are entitled to one free report per agency per year)

Califgirl
08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
A friend of mine had left her wallet in Innoventions and by the time she discovered it missing (not too long after) she went back to look and it wasn't there. She went to CityHall to report it, and it had already been turned in and it was returned to her.

I hope your luck is as good!

TINKERISMYCAT
08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I hope you get it back. I have had GREAT luck with Disney lost and found. I lost the memory card from my camera, that tiny little card, I thought there is NO WAY that is coming back. I cried and cried because all of our Disney pictures were on it. I was so surprised to get it back from lost and found. We have also lost Brand New Disney hats, bought at the park, that anyone could have taken and they were at lost and found. My friend just returned from a trip there in early June, her daughter lost her wallet, it had around $50 in it and it was returned. There are still GOOD people out there. I hope one of them found your wallet. Good Luck!

Jagdcarcajou
08-03-2007, 08:49 AM
:crying:

No such luck here. I left my Revo sunglasses in the Indy car baggage pouch, and someone took off with them. The castmembers were great, and searched every car till they made a full rotation, but no luck.

Hope you fare better.

alexandrasmom
08-03-2007, 09:10 AM
My friend lost her cell phone and it was returned- it just took 24 hours for it to make its way to the lost and found! So definitely check back. Good luck!

Malcon10t
08-03-2007, 09:12 AM
My friend lost her cell phone and it was returned- it just took 24 hours for it to make its way to the lost and found! So definitely check back. Good luck!My son lost his cell phone and they would have had it back to him without mom ever finding out, if they hadn't called mom to tell her the cell phone was in lost and found.

Macelyn
08-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I've found numerous cell phones in my retail world & always look for "mom" or "home" to call & tell them it's lost.

lala1486
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Try calling the Lost and Found right away - with any luck they'll have it and will set your mind at peace right away! The number is: (714) 817-2166. If you live far from DL I'm pretty sure they still will ship your items to you free of charge. If not, it's a good excuse for another visit! I really hope you get everything back, its such a frustration.

Bytebear
08-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I have lost my wallet a few times and it isn't fun. Always file a police report and call your credit card compaines. Tell them when the cards were lost and what your last transation was. They will not charge you for any charges, but may keep the card open to track the theives. I had about $1000 charged to a nearby convenience store right after having my wallet stolen. You would think the shopkeeper woudl be suspicious of someone buying tons of booze all at once. (I did get my wallet back, when someone found it and mailed it to me, without the credit cards, but with my Disney pass. - Note: Put your mailing addres in your wallet preferably a PO Box.)

A couple weekends ago, I left my $1400 camera on a shuttle bus at a resort town. I didn't realize it until about 5 hours later. I called and persisted and the next day they finally confirmed that they had the camera. Whew! It's hard not to let the stress get to you, but remember, if you can't do anything about the situation, then let it (the stress) go.

Keep calling Disney. They will not make it a priority to even see if they have your wallet unless you make it their priority. Be persistant, even nagging.

Phantom2006
08-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Yes last night at 1:30am i filled out a report at lost and found. They gave me card card to call them back. I just called them and they did find it!, and they have mailed it out. I am very suprised. I really did not think that I would get it back., I don't even know when I lost it during the day. I noticed it was gone on the tram back to Mickey and Friends. But thank you for all yours support and tips.

Drince88
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
What a relief! Helps restore a little bit of faith in the 'anonymous' human being, doesn't it!

yellowrosedtxn
08-03-2007, 10:31 AM
CONGRATS on finding your wallet! I am so glad that there are honest people out there. (AND can mostly be found at the Disneyland Resorts!)

Crazy4DL
08-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Way cool!

We were at DL in June and I did something I almost never do, I took my camera/purse bag off from around my neck as we went to ride BTMMR and put it in the holder. Since I almost never do that - unless I am on Soarin or somewhere I have no choice - when the train stopped I completely forgot to retrieve the bag.

We went on over to HM, parked the scooters and there I was going :eek: "WHERE IS MY PURSE???" The Fantasmic! crowd was in place, you could barely move so instead of us all trying to get back through the crowds, I took our three grandsons on HM and my husband went to see if by chance my bag was still at BTMMR. I worried the entire time on HM. We got off and seemed like we waited forever and still no dh. I couldn't call him to see if there was any news since my cell phone was in the bag too.

Finally! through the crowds, my knight in shiny amour rode in on his scooter :D:p . . . with the camera/purse bag. HD had realized there was no way he was going to make it through the crowd very fast so he went up to a CM and they (bless their heart) had called ahead to the BTMRR and the wonderful CMs over there had already found it and were keeping it safe.

So I really feel your relief, Phantom2006! :)

rfaljean
08-03-2007, 11:42 AM
This past May, on the Saturday before Mother's day, I had taken my 3 yr old son on the Matterhorn for the first time. I had put my cel phone in my pocket because I was waiting for my husband to call me and meet up with us... We finished our ride and then went over to Alice in Wonderland to meet up with my teenager and when we got off the ride, I noticed my cel phone was gone. We checked the stroller, the diaper bag, all of my pockets, my teenager's pocket (in case she picked it up)... no cel phone.... I ran over to the Matterhorn and asked the CM's and lo and behold, someone found it in one of the bobsleds and turned it in to the castmembers.... I was totally relieved.
:fez:

Andrew
08-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I got lucky.

We had stopped to take pictures of kittens (http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.rich/KittensAtDisneyland) and I'd apparently dropped the cloth pouch containing my prescription sunglasses. If it had been nonprescription glasses I probably wouldn't have bothered--just bought a cheap replacement pair--but on days when I wear glasses I'm effectively blind outside without sunglasses. Anyway, I must have dropped the pouch when I switched glasses to take the kitten pictures.

I realized it when we were leaving the park to meet up with some friends for dinner, and turned around to head back to the place we'd stopped (the grassy area between the Castle and Triton's Garden). Cast Members in the area were setting up ropes for the evening fireworks so I asked the closest one if she'd found my sunglasses. She said she had (!) and that she'd given them to her lead, and went to talk to him. When she came back, though, she told us that the lead had given them to another CM to take to City Hall. So we thanked her and started back down Main Street again.

We were kind of wondering why they would have been taken to City Hall when Lost and Found is now supposed to be at DCA, but the CM had definitely said "City Hall" so we figured it couldn't hurt to try there first. The Guest Relations CM was very friendly, of course, and told us that items picked up in Disneyland are staged at City Hall before being brought over to DCA's Lost and Found in larger groups. He asked for a description of my glasses, told us to wait a moment and vanished into the back. A moment later he reappeared with my prescription sunglasses, still in their pouch!

We thanked him effusively and also asked him to put in a good word up the line for the CMs who had recovered the glasses.

codewoman
08-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Okay, so I'm totally encouraged by this. I am on the phone with Lost and Found this very moment to see if anyone turned in my eyeglasses. I lost them the first day there on July 21 (plus I broke an additional pair and lost my sunglasses too). They're checking. Keeping my fingers crossed.

codewoman
08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Bummer, no luck. At least I can console myself that I tried.

kikid
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Yes last night at 1:30am i filled out a report at lost and found. They gave me card card to call them back. I just called them and they did find it!, and they have mailed it out. I am very suprised. I really did not think that I would get it back., I don't even know when I lost it during the day. I noticed it was gone on the tram back to Mickey and Friends. But thank you for all yours support and tips.

"YES"!:D

Iwannabeaprincess
08-04-2007, 08:34 AM
We've had very good luck retrieving lost items. Last year, I set my video camera bag down to help the kids play the boardwalk games in DCA. Thirty minutes later I realized I didn't have my bag. A guest had picked it up and given it to the CM and we were able to retrieve it right there! On another trip, my daughter set down her bag of souveniers while waiting to board the raft back from TSI. After waiting in line for POTC, we noticed the bag was missing and went back to the loading dock. While waiting to go back across, I asked the CM where to inqure about a lost item if we didn't find it. She asked what we'd lost and, after explaining the contents, she pulled my daughter's bag from under the podium. My son has also been able to retrieve sunglasses left on rides or in BB on several occasions.
I agree that there are still some honest people out there!

gtpinoy
08-04-2007, 10:22 AM

Congrats! I'm glad you're getting your wallet back. Hopefully, everything is still in there.

Out of curiosity, did you start calling your credit card companies to cancel cards and order replacements? I'm wondering how soon should one contact each entity (DMV, Credit Cards, etc.) once you lose your wallet.