PDA

View Full Version : July 4th / Space Mountain Lights On

morganmack
07-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Well, I just got back from a week at Disneyland. Everything was awesome, and my girlfriend and I never had to wait in any line more than 10 - 15 minutes, and we rode everything in the park two, some three times. If anyone is going soon without children like we did, Ill tell you all how we did everything, and it worked out wonderfully!!

On the morning of July fourth, we were riding Space Mountain. I know some of you are going to be very jealous, BUT right after we started the ride, we were at the very top, and the emergency brakes came on and our car stopped. All the lights came on and we sat in the car for about ten minutes. A cast member finally came to our car and pushed it to get going again. We never found out what kicked the brakes on, but we got to ride the enitre space mountain ride with the lights on, THEN got to go through a second consecutive time in the dark. :rolleyes: --- This was the ONLY day I didnt take my camcorder to the park with me.

coronamouseman
07-07-2002, 09:26 AM
Was the park really that uncrowded?

July 4th has traditionally been a day when the park often stops admitting guests in the afternoon due to large crowds ........

MonorailMan
07-07-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by morganmack

On the morning of July fourth, we were riding Space Mountain. I know some of you are going to be very jealous, BUT right after we started the ride, we were at the very top, and the emergency brakes came on and our car stopped. All the lights came on and we sat in the car for about ten minutes. A cast member finally came to our car and pushed it to get going again. We never found out what kicked the brakes on, but we got to ride the enitre space mountain ride with the lights on, THEN got to go through a second consecutive time in the dark. :rolleyes: --- This was the ONLY day I didnt take my camcorder to the park with me.

Cool! Happened to me, also got stuck a the top. :)

It also seems to be that David Koeing was right, as my train didn't even have the red switch. :)

disguy
07-07-2002, 12:35 PM
so the fourth was not busy? That scares me because now I'm thinking everyone who wanted to go the 4th but didn't is going to go the weekend of the 12th like me :( look like I'm in for a big suprise.

awinner
07-07-2002, 10:34 PM
the park was packed after 7pm