PDA

View Full Version : Free Drink Refills

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

princess- ada
08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Now that DLR no longer has the unlimited refill mugs, where can you still get free drink refills?

Bytebear
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Rancho Del Z for one.

Darkbeer
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Sit Down Restaurants will refill your drink while having your meal, but basically the answer is no. You will need to purchase a new beverage at every stand/restaurant you go to.

Mrs Mouse
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
We've never had a problem getting refills at the Plaza, the only caveat being that they're not to-go cups, so the refills are only good while you're in the restaraunt. This seems to be the norm in the park these days.

SillyOldBear
08-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Can you still buy a coffee at the market on Main Street, keep your receipt and cup and get refills throughout the day? I also thought you could do the same thing with soda at the Coca Cola place. Has that changed?

Rkkm
08-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Mint Juleps at the French Market.

adriennek
08-02-2007, 02:28 PM
You used to get refills at Pizza Oo Mow Mow but last week they said no when we asked.

Adrienne

mkraemer
08-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Mint Juleps at the French Market.

REALLY?? I never knew this!!

DangerMouse
08-02-2007, 03:01 PM
White Water Snacks! :)

Malcon10t
08-02-2007, 03:14 PM
We had no problem getting refills at Pizza Port mid-july. (While we were there eating, we don't take cups in hours later.)

barely
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
No way!...FREE mint julep refills?!!

cstephens
08-02-2007, 10:05 PM
We have no trouble getting refills at Rancho, Plaza Inn, Pizza Port and French Market.

evrythngwmn
08-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Fountain Beverage refills are pretty standard at restaurants/fast food establishments.

Gutz
08-03-2007, 12:13 AM
I believe the rule at DLR is that at any food place where you serve yourself (such as Pizza Port, Rancho and Plaza Inn as previously mentioned), you can get free refills.

stebog
08-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Why expect a "free" refill? Is a free refill of, say, gas for your car expected? How about a free refill of your steak dinner at a restaurant? I know, go to Burger King and tell the kid at the window you want a free whopper refill. What's this entitlement of a "free" refill thing? Just wondering.

That post sounds very European. I suspect you'd be shocked that most of us actually like ice in our soft drinks too! :)

cstephens
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Why expect a "free" refill? Is a free refill of, say, gas for your car expected? How about a free refill of your steak dinner at a restaurant? I know, go to Burger King and tell the kid at the window you want a free whopper refill. What's this entitlement of a "free" refill thing? Just wondering.

Those are pretty stupid comparisons. If I'm ordering a steak dinner, and I have ordered a soft drink or iced tea with it, then yeah, I expect refills on those. If I go to Burger King or some other fast food place, then I expect refills on drinks. No one here is talking about refills of food. I also can tell the difference in restaurants between what will be refilled for free (iced tea, soda, water, lemonade) and what won't (margarita). So your supposed comparisons have no place in this discussion.

TINKERISMYCAT
08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
So we always bought the mugs at Whitewater and refilled them.:crying: If you are eating your meal there(it has the drink station for you to use) can you refill a cup that you purchased, while you are there eating your meal?

Thanks.

adriennek
08-03-2007, 08:39 AM
If you are eating your meal there(it has the drink station for you to use) can you refill a cup that you purchased, while you are there eating your meal?

Yes.

Adrienne

Leofoenget
08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Now that DLR no longer has the unlimited refill mugs, where can you still get free drink refills?

Ok so they don't give FREE refills, but would it kill them to sell some kind of a refillable drink cup and let you refill it for 99c or so? They do that at many many other parks and it's nice.

Bytebear
08-03-2007, 10:07 AM

I do remember a time when you had to make your soda last because a refill was not free. I remember a few years where you had to ask because it was a transition time and some restaurants didn't do refills. Only a very few still don't. But, now free soft drink refills are the norm. This has led to two changes. 1) Soda is much more expensive, $1.70 or more for a single drink (compared to a $.50 can, $.35 if you go generic), so they are making up for the free refill in cost. 2) we are getting fatter, and dabetic, and this, I think is a major contributor. Who needs to drink a gallon of sugar water a day?

mkraemer
08-03-2007, 10:43 AM
That post sounds very European. I suspect you'd be shocked that most of us actually like ice in our soft drinks too! :)

I don't know exactly how the original poster happened to sound European, but if you want to drag that analogy farther, soda drinks are expensive in Paris restaurants. I can easily see why there wouldn't be free refills! (and why take up space in the cup with ice?) :D

cstephens
08-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok so they don't give FREE refills

OK, so they *do* give FREE refills at some locations...

TikiGeek
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
DLR has a marketing agreement with Coca-Cola:

They pay nothing for all fountain and bottled drinks!!!

vfire
08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
DLR has a marketing agreement with Coca-Cola:

They pay nothing for all fountain and bottled drinks!!!

According to snopes, that's an urban legend.

Bytebear
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
OK, so they *do* give FREE refills at some locations...

It's basically like any other food place. You can get free refills while you are having your meail, but not after you have left.