PDA

View Full Version : Mansion Help

oohykitten
07-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Okay here is my question? When I went on the Mansion in DL, I looked arcoss through the slight gap in the wall and was shocked to realize I never moved. The top moved up, but the bottom, was the same. Basically if both doors were open I could just walk through to the doom buggie loading area. Am I correct in this? My best friend and I are in a"dispute" over this since she says doombuggies.com says something else (which I believe to be in refrence to WDW, not DL) Any and all your spoliers/help in this would be very helpful.... thank you in advance!

Nigel2
07-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Nope, at DL the elevators go down because you have to get under the traintracks right behind the house. But at WDW the ceiling goes up since there are no tracks to cross. Also at WDW they apparently do just leave the room open on both ends on crowded days basically killing that effect.

Ghoulish Delight
07-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Both the top and bottom move. It becomes really apparant if you happen to take the elevator up, as it goes up in about half the time. So the motion is much easier to perceive.

Good time to tell this story. Wednesday, 7/3, Cadaverous Pallor, Zapppop, and myself took a ride on the Mansion. The elevator was filled with a large crowd of people who were reciting the spiel, so it was a fun ride down. We get to the bottom, or friendly host's corpse does its customary plummet, the lights come on, and....we start going up! The whole elevator with everyone in it (which, as I understand it, breaks numerous codes as the elevator is only rated to cary 10 persons upwards, but anyway). It was quite surreal. We get to the top, the doors open, the attendant in the elevator with us turns to the confused people waiting and tells them to wait some more, and we start the whole ride over again. People were reciting it rather loudly the FIRST time, so you can imagine what fun we had the second time!

I've always wanted to see the room shrink. It was fun :D And even though I knew it wasn't going to happen, I couldn't help but picture, as the ceiling closed in on us, the process not stopping and all of us getting squished! Kinda freaky.

Rallymonkey23
07-07-2002, 01:03 AM
I have been able to experience the elevator ride up as well. My mom is disabled so when she took the elevator up one time, I went with her... Pretty cool... Also, I have been on the "full curcuit" of the ride. Meaning that I have been on the ride after everyone gets off to where everyone gets on. Not much to talk about there except for a little room. Not sure what thats used for, but it was a little room lol.

socabch
07-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Ghoulish Delight
I am so jealous!!!!!! I wish I could go up on the elevator. Maybe one day it will happen. Dreams do come true in Disneyland;)

Gemini Cricket
07-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Also, I have been on the "full curcuit" of the ride. Meaning that I have been on the ride after everyone gets off to where everyone gets on. Not much to talk about there except for a little room. Not sure what thats used for, but it was a little room lol.
Cool! :) I have always wanted to do this. I am hoping one day to get to do it. Yet, I don't know how...

RealDisneyLegend
07-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Nope, at DL the elevators go down because you have to get under the traintracks right behind the house. But at WDW the ceiling goes up since there are no tracks to cross. Also at WDW they apparently do just leave the room open on both ends on crowded days basically killing that effect.

Has anyone ever seen them leave both doors open? I've never seen that and I don't think it would help.

The doombuggies only move so fast (about 1/2 of your normal walking speed) and funneling more people into the doombuggy loading area would only move the bottleneck to a darker, harder to manage area.

If they were leaving both doors open, it was probably because the doors were malfunctioning, not for crowd control.

Phineas85
07-07-2002, 03:31 PM
If the doors at WDW are left open, it could well be due to technical glitches as their rooms are programmed, unlike DLs which are manually operated by the CMs.

tinkfreak
07-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
The elevator was filled with a large crowd of people who were reciting the spiel, so it was a fun ride down.

Really? That's a fun ride down for you guys? Well, whatever floats your boat, but I always find it really annoying when people do that. They make themselves seem like a bunch of know-it-all's, and also they ruin it for anyone who happens to be there for the first time. Of course if the whole elevator was doing it...

Disneyfreak
07-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Wow thats amazing that the elevator did not collapse downward. When there is too much weight the oil lines are suppost to break under the huge amount of pressure. Goes to show they dont make rides the way they used to.

smd4
07-07-2002, 07:33 PM
tinkfreak,

You took the words right out of my keyboard...

LIMANDL4EVA
07-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
We get to the bottom, or friendly host's corpse does its customary plummet, the lights come on, and....we start going up! The whole elevator with everyone in it (which, as I understand it, breaks numerous codes as the elevator is only rated to cary 10 persons upwards, but anyway). It was quite surreal.
I believe you...but..i thought the elevator not only was allowed to bring ten people up, but i always heard that was ALL it could bring, i heard the system is not capable of bringing up more than the alloted weight of 10 people

MammaSilva
07-07-2002, 08:05 PM
well I don't know where the "10 people" came from because there were 11 in our group, one in a power chair and one evc plus the CM and we went up the 'stretching room' every time we rode this past June...the CM did mention they could only let 2 wheelchair groups down at a time maybe the load issue was part of the reason?

Nigel2
07-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by RealDisneyLegend

Has anyone ever seen them leave both doors open? I've never seen that and I don't think it would help.

The doombuggies only move so fast (about 1/2 of your normal walking speed) and funneling more people into the doombuggy loading area would only move the bottleneck to a darker, harder to manage area.

If they were leaving both doors open, it was probably because the doors were malfunctioning, not for crowd control.

Possibly, that's just what I was told, but I have a theory. One reason that they do that could be when it is really hot outside and it's crowded they would rather keep guests moving into the ride constantly instead of having them wait outside while one group waits for a room to reset. :D

Also that is interesting that the elevator can only take 10 people going up (not surprising since there are many heavy lifts that can only take so much upwards but have no problem with decents)