PDA

View Full Version : What is the latest on the River Belle Terrace?

Glass Slipper
08-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Does anyone know if it will still be open the first week of October? There had been an earlier rumor about it closing in the Fall.

SANDYMARIE
08-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know if it will still be open the first week of October? There had been an earlier rumor about it closing in the Fall.

Well Hello Neighbor,

Looks like we will be down at the same time. Small world. LOL!
Maybe I'll see ya around, just look for a large group of 14-17, it's probably us.

Have a great trip!! :)

TTFN

Glass Slipper
08-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Well Hello Neighbor,

Looks like we will be down at the same time. Small world. LOL!
Maybe I'll see ya around, just look for a large group of 14-17, it's probably us.

Have a great trip!! :)

TTFN

Yes, I have found that the first week of October is a great time to go to the resort....crowds are fairly light, lines aren't long, weather is nice, and plus, my birthday just happens to take place on the 4th:D
I'll keep a look-out for your large group! It will just be my mom and I, so only a "party of two" coming from Bellingham. Enjoy your time there!

In response to my original question....I called this morning to make PS for Blue Bayou dessert for Oct. 2nd and also asked the CM about the River Belle Terrace. She heard that the Bengal Barbecue would be closing before Fall, but not the River Belle. So hopefully that's my answer!

AVP
08-05-2007, 09:48 AM
...asked the CM about the River Belle Terrace. She heard that the Bengal Barbecue would be closing before Fall, but not the River Belle. So hopefully that's my answer!Riverbelle Terrace closes on August 19th, and will re-open sometime in December. The document that gave those dates did not say anything about Bengal BBQ, so I still don't know what's happening there.

AVP

Wendi
08-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Riverbelle Terrace closes on August 19th, and will re-open sometime in December. The document that gave those dates did not say anything about Bengal BBQ, so I still don't know what's happening there.

AVP

:eek: No Mickey Pancakes for Thanksgiving week??? :crying:

cstephens
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Riverbelle Terrace closes on August 19th, and will re-open sometime in December.

Do you know if it's just a general refurb or the build-a-second-floor thing? 5 months seems an awful long time for just a refurb.

AVP
08-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Do you know if it's just a general refurb or the build-a-second-floor thing? 5 months seems an awful long time for just a refurb.It's the kitchen expansion / seating are remodel - it's a long refurb. 5 months is a long renovation, but I don't think it's enough time for the whole "level it to the foundation and re-build it from scratch" plan that was rumored two years ago.

AVP

rds912
11-06-2007, 10:04 AM
any chance it will reopen early we are going on Dec 7-9, anyone have any current pictures?

rds912
11-06-2007, 10:13 AM
page 20 of 10-28-07 album from darkbeer. hard to tell what they are doing or how much more they have to go, but you can always count on darkbeer for great pictures. thanks

DisneyJenn
11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
They were painting the buildings when I was down there last weekend. I hope they re-open soon because I just love the look of it!

TTFN92
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Did they leave it pink and white or did they change the colors?

DisneyJenn
11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Did they leave it pink and white or did they change the colors?

I didn't notice any major color changes, but most of it's covered up so you can't really see much.

jMom
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I'll be glad to see this reopen!

Riverbelle Terr. is one of my favourite places to eat & people watch in the park. It was getting pretty dusty and grease spotty last tiem I was there ...

DizneyMommy
11-09-2007, 06:42 AM
They weren't doing any work on the outside yesterday, but it is still totally under tarps and the wall is still up. I did see a peek of the corner where Adventureland and Frontierland meet, and it is white with turquoise trim, looks fresh. I can't remember now which parts were pink it has been covered for so long!

EmmasMom
12-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know if Riverbelle Terrace will be open on the 14th? I NEED Mickey pancakes and arrive the 14th. Hope to get pancakes on the 15th and/or 16th. Is it looking close to being done? Any current photos? The Disneyland calendar shows it open on the 15th.

Thanks for any answers.

Andrew
12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
It's all subject to change up until the very last minute, but the December 14th date has remained stable for some time. I'd say your chances of Mickey pancakes that weekend are pretty good.

spectromen
12-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I'll be amazed if this makes it on time. The outside paint looks done (and very nice), but the interior seating is completely empty and new flooring not even installed fully. If they can do all that, decorate and bring in chairs in less than 2 weeks, I give them props.

RStar
12-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Putting some stuff on the wall and placing tables and chairs around could be done in a day if the plan has already been set. It's the construction and inspections that take the longest. So if all of the major work is done, including the kitchen and sign-offs, then it's possible. But who knows?

I love getting breakfast there, so I hope the menu doesn't change too much (particularly breakfast). It will be nice to see it open, and the tacky walls down.