PDA

View Full Version : Character meals you'd like to see...

Pages : [1] 2

saturday97
07-06-2002, 12:17 PM
What character meals would you like to see at DL or DCA?
Personally, I'd like to see Alice's Mad Tea Party...

DisneylandKid
07-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Alice's Mad Tea Party would be neat.

Personally, I'm surprised they don't have any Beauty and the Beast/"Be Our Guest" themed character meals. It might be cool in the Disneyland Hotel or Plaza Inn.

Now that I think of it, they should turn Hollywood & Dine into one large Be Our Guest character meal. It could be like Soap Opera Bistro, but instead of soaps, it could be Disney animated movies.

saturday97
07-06-2002, 01:59 PM
That would be great!!
Buzz and Woody's Pizza Planet Party...

DisneylandKid
07-06-2002, 02:05 PM
That'd be cool. Would it be in Redd Rockett's Pizza Port? It'd be kind of weird seeing Woody in Tomorrowland :).

MammaSilva
07-06-2002, 02:09 PM
personally I'd be happy if they simply went back to the "old" way at the Plaza Inn, a few years ago you never knew who was going to show up, we saw Mary Poppins in her Jolly Holiday dress, we saw Hook and Mr. Smee, Pochantas and John Smith (he was certainly eye candy :) ) and quite a few other characters, for the last couple years when we have gone it's the Pooh Crew and of all bizarre things, the genie from Aladdin, no Aladdin or Jazmine, just the genie?

saturday97
07-06-2002, 02:34 PM
I'd like to see the whole Toy Story gang in a "neutral" area-- maybe over at DCA in the Hollywood Backlot somewhere.

I agree, Mamma, I'd just like more variety and I don't mind being surprised. I didn't here about Aladdin's dinner theatre until after it closed. They could turn that area into a cool Lion King dinner show, with African flavors like what they serve at AKL in WDW (sorry, I get bogged down in initials :rolleyes: ).

stinkerbell
07-06-2002, 03:33 PM
My four year old daughter would be in heaven if there was a Star Wars themed eatery in Tomorroland with Star Wars characters walking around, maybe a light saber battle or two. She is the biggest Vader fan ever. She walks around with her light saber all day long, humming the "Darth Vader" music. "Dun, dun dun dun duh dun, dun duh dun. DUN dun dun dun dah dun dun dah dun!" She is constantly making fun of Yoda and calls Luke a big crybaby and talks about how she's going to "the dark side, Mommy." Now my 18 month old puts on helmets, walks around with sticks and tries to hum her version of the Vader music. Ugh. Whatever happened to playing Leia like I did when I was little???? :rolleyes: ;)

saturday97
07-06-2002, 03:47 PM
Stinky, that would be awesome!! I would travel anywhere for a Star Wars restaurant!

I was four when Star Wars came out, and I wanted to be Leia, buns on the head and all! My four year old son is a Toy Story fanatic and he walks around asking "Are you SHRINK WRAPPED??"

And you know that what DL REALLY needs is a Princess restaurant, like Cinderella's royal castle in WDW-- I read about the Princess B-day parties, but I know people would go all of the time.

stinkerbell
07-06-2002, 03:56 PM
I agree also with a Princess eatery. It would be so perfect in Fantasyland somewhere. It could be gorgeous! I think there should be more themed character-dining and table service restaurants (or a buffet) period, in Disneyland. I think they'd be a hit! We love Goofy's Kitchen, like, REALLY love it, but there's never a guarantee who's going to be there, and once or twice when we've gone, it was a bust, character-wise for my girls. Hello? Rafiki has been there everytime we've gone! ;) Ugh.

My husband would also love a Star Wars themed eatery. Then maybe I'd get to go to Disneyland more often....... He has taught my daughters to be Star Wars snobs. My four year old can discuss the finer points of each film and knows how each person is related to each other person, etc. I don't know that she has seen Return of the Jedi more than two or three times, but she has Empire memorized and *loves* it!

disguy
07-06-2002, 04:18 PM
So, is the Plaza Inn a character meal during all three meal times? Or just Brekfast. I've wanted to eat there but I don't want the character brekfast (I hate buffets :)

MammaSilva
07-06-2002, 04:22 PM
the characters are only there for breakfast, lunch and dinner are done 'scramble service' style and the times I've eaten there the food was good even if the scramble service is a huge pain for folks with small ones or ones that can't handle their own tray and make their own choices while you make yours

MonorailMan
07-06-2002, 04:33 PM
I'd love to see a Toon Breakfast, where all the fab 5 get together, and have breakfast, toon style. :)

saturday97
07-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Fab Five would be terrific, and to add to the toon theme Roger Rabbit could be included.

I hear they used to do a Villains meal at WDW, and that would be really neat, although they could argue that the Fantasmic dessert show serves that purpose.

I totally agree that there should be more sit down type character meals. I just think about how crowded the Blue Bayou always seems to be, and that's on the theme alone-- think how cool it would be if they had the Peter Pan group there for brunch!

wonderful
07-06-2002, 08:38 PM
Cool thread!
Well, I have given this considerable thought and here's my two cents...
Prince and Princess brunch on the Tratoria Terrace area (don't ask me how to explain away the alcohol)...
"Mickey's Christmas Carol" characters at the River Bell Terrace durring the holidays...
Robin Hood characters at Hungry Bear...
"American Legends" musical breakfast at the Golden Horseshoe, starring Sluefoot Sue, Pecos Bill, Johnny Appleseed, Paul Bunyan, and Pocohontas and John Smith...
A Gospel Brunch along the Rivers of America would be cool... with tables set up along the river bank...(sorry, can't think of any characters except maybe the Muses from Hercules)...
And the idea I think I'd like most is doing a sort of "Magic Morning" in The Hollywood Pictures Backlot before DCA opens and calling it "Disney Stars on Hollywood Blvd"-- dozens Disney characters fill up the entire backlot while Disney-movie music plays in the background, breakfast is served buffet style, using Hollywood and Dine, and Guests can just take their time meeting with characters, taking pictures, and eating breakfast-- whenever a new star sets foot on the boulevard, it's announced Hollywood Premiere style...The Animation Building would be the entrance for all of the characters, as if they were walking right off the screen onto the Blvd.

stinkerbell
07-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by wonderful

"American Legends" musical breakfast at the Golden Horseshoe, starring Sluefoot Sue, Pecos Bill, Johnny Appleseed, Paul Bunyan, and Pocohontas and John Smith...

That sounds so cool! I'd be there in a sec.!!!! My kids prob. couldn't care less, but I would totally love it. We'd have to add Davy Crockett, though, of course.

And the idea I think I'd like most is doing a sort of "Magic Morning" in The Hollywood Pictures Backlot before DCA opens and calling it "Disney Stars on Hollywood Blvd"-- dozens Disney characters fill up the entire backlot while Disney-movie music plays in the background, breakfast is served buffet style, using Hollywood and Dine, and Guests can just take their time meeting with characters, taking pictures, and eating breakfast-- whenever a new star sets foot on the boulevard, it's announced Hollywood Premiere style...The Animation Building would be the entrance for all of the characters, as if they were walking right off the screen onto the Blvd.

I love this idea! It gave me goosebumps! That's a great use of theming and Hollywood and Vine and characters.....:) I don't know who would love it more, me or my kids!

saturday97
07-07-2002, 11:21 AM
I especially love treating it as a Hollywood premiere with a red carpet and grand entrances, that would really take it to another level.

SzczerbiakManiac
07-08-2002, 09:57 AM
I'd love to dine with Tarzan, Aladdin, John Smith, the various princes... and did I mention Tarzan? ;) :D

Not Afraid
07-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
I'd love to dine with Tarzan, Aladdin, John Smith, the various princes... and did I mention Tarzan? ;) :D

Whoa, baby! I'll go! I do enough Jasmine and Ariel duty with the MO boys to warrant that.;)

Gemini Cricket
07-08-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by saturday97
Stinky, that would be awesome!! I would travel anywhere for a Star Wars restaurant!

I always thought a Mos Eisley Cantina themed Star Wars restaurant would be a great idea. Have each CM dress like one of the many aliens in there, have a floor show and weird food. That would be something spectacular. At each table, there would be an alien (ceramic or PVC) to sit with and take pictures with...
A special room would have Jabba or Boba Fett in it... The waiting area could be outdoors with Banthas, sandpeople or jawas walking around...
I wish I was an Imagineer... :)

hefferdude
07-08-2002, 12:24 PM
That sounds so cool! I'd be there in a sec.!!!! My kids prob. couldn't care less, but I would totally love it. We'd have to add Davy Crockett, though, of course.

Sorry. We're holding Fess Parker hostage until he builds
his new winery in our town. Then you can have him......;)

baileykat
07-08-2002, 01:00 PM
They used to have the Skull Rock restaurant right???..or did I just dream this...maybe turn the Columbus into a "Pirates Dinner Cruise" with Hook and Pan do a mini Fantasmic like show...while you dine on deck and cruise the river...

Iceman
07-08-2002, 01:23 PM
This isn't esepcially original, but I think a Disney Villians character dinner would be fun. They could either theme it to a different villian every night (satisfying what some on this thread have called for with a certain randomness) or throw them all in there together. The character villians could walk around and harass the servers, in a humorous way of course. Come to think of it (and this wouldn't be very "Disney" in any case), they could harass the guests kind of like at a Dick's Last Resort...

stinkerbell
07-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
Oh, Tarzan.......yes, Tarzan for breakfast would be nice......

Oops, back on track.......GC, that's exactly what I'm picturing! I think Tomorrowland would be the perfect backdrop! (Kudos for spelling Mos Eisley for me......;) )

Oooh, a Villain's Dinner. I can just picture all the screaming little kiddies now. Muahahahaha! :D

Allysen1Derland
07-09-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by stinkerbell
My four year old daughter would be in heaven if there was a Star Wars themed eatery in Tomorroland with Star Wars characters walking around, maybe a light saber battle or two. She is the biggest Vader fan ever. She walks around with her light saber all day long, humming the "Darth Vader" music. "Dun, dun dun dun duh dun, dun duh dun. DUN dun dun dun dah dun dun dah dun!" She is constantly making fun of Yoda and calls Luke a big crybaby and talks about how she's going to "the dark side, Mommy." Now my 18 month old puts on helmets, walks around with sticks and tries to hum her version of the Vader music. Ugh. Whatever happened to playing Leia like I did when I was little???? :rolleyes: ;)

I just had to reply and say that that was the cutest story! I had to smile and laugh out loud when I read the part about your daughter humming the theme song out loud!! And your 18 month old putting on the helmets!
:D they both sound so adorable!

Okay, I'll let you guys get back to the thread theme!;)

WDWalways
07-10-2002, 07:53 AM
I personally would love a Pocahontas character meal at the Grand Californian.