PDA

View Full Version : Dream Fastpass Experience (not me, though)

codewoman
08-01-2007, 12:21 PM
On Friday (27th) we were riding TOT with a man (25ish in age) wearing the Dream Fastpass. I asked him where he got it and it took him a moment to answer because he couldn't remember :confused: He told me he got one EVERY DAY!!!! He was staying Concierge at the DGC and his father (his words) "greases a lot of people's palms." So each morning he'd go to have his breakfast in the lounge and the CMs would greet him and ask what his plans were for the day. They would suggest a ride for him to ride, right when he went into the park. And amazingly, there would be the Dream Squad, handing out Dream Fast Passes! :eek:

His father evidently spent all his time in the hotel. Mom was shopping. And the son was riding rides.

But really! How unfair? I wasn't even sure I should post it. But if you're staying Concierge at the DGC, be sure to pay attention to ride recommendations from the staff! :)

By the way, all the other people answered that they'd gotten theirs at the foot of Tarzan's Tree House in the morning.

Clotho
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Except that he would have to be at the particular ride at a very particular time during the day when the Dream Team would be there.

Additionally, it would be illegal for other staff members to be aware of the time and place that these are given out. There are very strict rules to sweepstakes, and in this sweepstakes the time and place is generated by computer and only known for very few people within that department on the day the passes are given out (meaning they don't know on Monday where they will give them out on Thursday, for instance), so that no abuse such as what you describe could take place. It's a legal safeguard.

Sounds like this guy is just lucky or was twisting facts a little bit.

codewoman
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I think you are correct. Because that would totally ruin the magic, for one thing. And we only saw him the one day, so there's no way of knowing if he actually got one every day. Probably just a big talker. Shame on him.

Leap for Joy
08-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Last time I was there we met a guy who said he had ridden Nemo 10 times already (this was 3 weeks before it opened). He said he got to ride as part of a dream fastpass that they would give out at Space Mountain every morning, and he recommended that we run right over there. The other people in my group were very excited but I knew better. I figured that if Darkbeer hadn't ridden it 10 times yet then neither had this guy!!! :)

I think there are some people who make up stories just for their own entertainment. Probably the guy you met was hoping to impress everyone with the fact that he was staying in concierge.

codewoman
08-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Last time I was there we met a guy who said he had ridden Nemo 10 times already (this was 3 weeks before it opened). He said he got to ride as part of a dream fastpass that they would give out at Space Mountain every morning, and he recommended that we run right over there. The other people in my group were very excited but I knew better. I figured that if Darkbeer hadn't ridden it 10 times yet then neither had this guy!!! :)

I think there are some people who make up stories just for their own entertainment. Probably the guy you met was hoping to impress everyone with the fact that he was staying in concierge.

The little voice inside me says you are right. I'm not quite sure whom he was hoping to impress, though, two middle-aged women, an eleven year old (perhaps, and how sad would that be) or the seven year old. Poor man. It occurred to me that I wouldn't want to have a Dream Fast Pass unless someone else could ride the rides with me, anyway.

DL Mama
08-03-2007, 12:26 AM
A bit of Disney magic... when we won Dream FPs in early June, my 12 yo daughter was ahead of us, waiting to check out our Buzz scores/photos. I tried to call her back when I realized what was going on. The Dream Squad said she could not come back and be awarded the dream fp...but the head honcho of the group quietly told us to wait. After the 20 or so passes were given out, he brought us one for our speedy kid. Sure made the Dream FP experience a real dream for us. (Can you imagine not being able to use the dream FP because the one one moody pre-teen in the group did not have one?) Yikes!

codewoman
08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Clearly the head honcho guy was in his position for a reason. He knows how to spread the magic and understands the realities of life. That added magic to your magic!

imcaptaineo
08-16-2007, 02:52 PM
We got ours on a visit just a few days ago in the morning. The Dream Team members that handed ours were two elderly employees. My last visit a bit back, the Dream Team I met were younger and entertaining. I think the heat just made these employees miserable because they werent as friendly and were almost on the creepy side. Im assuming the summer help has gone back to school.