View Full Version : help with AP Question......again!

07-06-2002, 12:15 AM
Okay..........I just bought 3day hopper passes for August. When I get there I want to get the So Cal annual pass. Can I do that and what will it cost me? I paid $114 each for my adult passes and got the kids tickets free from Disney Store. Also, what are the chances that they will want ID to show I'm from So Cal (because I'm not)??? I read in the archives that you couldn't get the So Cal pass because I paid more than what the So Cal pass cost.........which doesn't make any sense to me. Thanks to whomever can explain this to me!

07-06-2002, 07:33 AM
That is correct. You can Only Upgrade to the next highest pass...which for the $114 tickets would be the Deluxe at $159. If you paid nothing for the Kids tickets, then they are worth Nothing towards an upgrade. You could however, get the So Cal passes for them at $99, but the $114 passes can only be used towards the Deluxe/Premium.

Disney has been running a 3-Day Adults $114 pass for the Kids price promotion through their website, which would have made your tickets $90, and thus upgradable to the $99 pass. Sorry to inform you of this, but I know for certain that their policy will only allow you to go higher...not lower. Which makes sense, since otherwise they would be giving you money Back, and that just does not happen, especially with Disney. :-)

07-06-2002, 10:35 AM
What if you aren't looking for money back but just a straight trade across for the so cal ticket???

Bill Catherall
07-06-2002, 10:49 AM
No flaming here, but just curious...

They've always asked me for proof of So. Cal. residency when getting a So. Cal. discount (I used to live in So. Cal.). What do you plan on saying when they ask for proof and you don't have any? "I left it at home"??

07-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Hadn't really thought about it but figured I would just say I had heard it didn't really matter if you lived in So Cal or not. I already know its a long shot and now it looks like its a mute ponit anyway....

Also I'm wondering...........I will have 3 other adults with me that this will be a one time visit for them, I wonder if I can exchange their tickets for the kids tickets?????

Ghoulish Delight
07-06-2002, 11:02 AM
I've heard that, while they ask for ID for the "adults at the kids' price" SoCal discounts, they usually don't ask for the SoCal AP. I could be mistaken, or it may depend on the CM you get, but I think you have a pretty good chance.

07-06-2002, 11:40 AM
A few months ago I stopped by city hall and asked this same questions. I was told that for the SoCal AP they did not need to be from SoCal. They said that it was advertised this way because SoCal residents would be able to use this more then most people from out of town due to the blackout arrangement. My sister also has a SoCal AP and she lives in central California. They ask for your address when you get the AP so they knew she was not from SoCal. I would call and ask... but if you want to get a pass ask them what would be the best way to handle getting the AP for your situation. Hope this helps.

07-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Techie7 is exactly right. You could live in Hungaria and buy a SoCal AP. The same is not true of any other SoCal tickets, like the kids free promo or the two day hopper.