PDA

View Full Version : Toddler Mac and Cheese?

TINKERISMYCAT
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM
This might be sort of an odd question. Is the Toddler Mac and Cheese a Kraft type or does it have a home made type taste. Larger pasta real cheese etc.

While I enjoy the good stuff, my kids only eat the Kraft type. I thought this would be a good affordable option for my kids that never eat an entire meal anyway. Any thoughts comments. Thanks for your help in saving me a dime or two!!

I'm waiting for the UPS today!! I hope they get here soon :D

The Evil Queen
08-01-2007, 12:09 PM
I ordered this for my son during our last trip. I seemed to be a sticky orange glob. Neither homemade nor Kraft. Not sure what it was, but it SURE WAS ORANGE! :eek:

Mrs Mouse
08-01-2007, 01:01 PM
My DF's family tried the mac and cheese for their youngest and found that it was nothing more than overcooked noodles smothered with nacho-esque cheese. Certainly not very tasty looking, that's for sure. Also, the portions were very, very small. Not very good in the bang-for-your-buck department.

However, we did eat at Cafe Orleans one day, and the kid's mac and cheese there looked and smelled fantastic. It is also a much larger portion than you will get at any of the counter-service eateries.

DizneyMommy
08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
The difference as far as the sizes go would be a toddler meal compared to a regular size, in the sit down restaurants they usually don't have toddler meals, or some give you half of a kids meal for free for kids under 3. The toddler meals are a great deal for your money - $3 to feed a toddler dinner and a drink plus some stickers to play with is the best deal in the park as far as I'm concerned!

My daughter is 2 1/2 and loves the Toddler Meal mac n cheese - though I have to admit it looks as though it would stand up to a nuclear bomb. It does not actually taste that bad - reminds me of the Kraft stuff that comes in the sideways box with the gooey cheese packet instead of the dried mix. It does have big noodles - but I would not go so far as to call it homestyle. The portions are always perfect for my 2 year old, who is a pretty big eater, and it comes with Apple Sauce and milk. The other option is some of the restaurants have a very small chicken beans and rice bowl with a side of I think carrot sticks for their toddler meal, I know that the 2 Mexican food places have it, and not sure who else. If your kids don't like the mac n cheese, but you still want to save money on their meals, you might try that.

Another option is always to buy one regular kids meal and split it between them - might even save you more money.

yohomama212
08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I ordered this for my son during our last trip. I seemed to be a sticky orange glob. Neither homemade nor Kraft. Not sure what it was, but it SURE WAS ORANGE! :eek:

My DF's family tried the mac and cheese for their youngest and found that it was nothing more than overcooked noodles smothered with nacho-esque cheese. Certainly not very tasty looking, that's for sure.

Sure it looked icky, but did the kids eat it? Overall, I think that's what matters. I got this once for my DD and she loved it. I took one look at it and almost lost my own lunch, but she was the happiest kid in the park.

Usually, though, I get one kids' meal and split it between the two of them. I ask for a second plate and I buy a second drink and there's never a problem.

Elizabeth

TINKERISMYCAT
08-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks! It sounds like it's worth a try for the 3 year old. Thanks I appreciate your comments!

Ps I got my package today!!!!:D:D:D

The Evil Queen
08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Sure it looked icky, but did the kids eat it? Overall, I think that's what matters. I got this once for my DD and she loved it. I took one look at it and almost lost my own lunch, but she was the happiest kid in the park.

Usually, though, I get one kids' meal and split it between the two of them. I ask for a second plate and I buy a second drink and there's never a problem.

Elizabeth
Nope. Didn't eat it. I was a bit on the sour side...I love sticky mac n' cheese, but...

Mrs Mouse
08-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Sure it looked icky, but did the kids eat it? Overall, I think that's what matters. I got this once for my DD and she loved it.

Unfortunately, no, he wouldn't touch the stuff. Tried a bite, and that was the end of that. And he's not a very picky eater either.

We've found that the Plaza has very good kid's meals. Both the chicken meal and the pasta are big hits with our niece and nephew.

oohykitten
08-02-2007, 08:48 AM
I think it's the Stoffers (sp?) mac and cheese...at least it looks like it at the French Market.

Pinkhoody
08-02-2007, 10:33 AM
At French Market, it's Stouffer's mac and cheese... just like if you microwaved it yourself.

The restaurant is hosted by Stouffer's so...

carolyn
08-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I totally sympathize. My ds would only eat "skinny noodle" mac and cheese. So even though Stouffer's is processed, bright orange, nuclear - all those things kids love - he would not eat it because the noodles were fat.

Maus
08-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Is there a difference between toddler meals and kid's meals? If so, which restaurants serve toddler meals?

Malcon10t
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Is there a difference between toddler meals and kid's meals? If so, which restaurants serve toddler meals?Yes, its a couple dollars cheaper and has applesauce instead of apple slices. The food is about 1/2 the size. Works better for a 2-3yo. Village Haus, Rancho Del Z, Enchanted Treats (at least used to) offer toddler meals.

Maus
08-02-2007, 09:17 PM
Thanks, that's good to know. My daughter has a new 16-month old foster son.

Malcon10t
08-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks, that's good to know. My daughter has a new 16-month old foster son.This is the most common one: Yummy Cheesy Macaroni - Served with smooth applesauce on the side, and choice of milk, juice, or small bottled water. $2.99 This is offered at the French Market, Village Haus, Enchanted Treats (may not now, but it used to be), and Pluto's Dog House.

Rancho Del Z has a meal with rice and beans for the $2.99.

I can't remember seeing anything at DCA for toddlers.

DizneyMommy
08-03-2007, 05:30 AM
More and more are starting to add it, and some will give it to you if you ask but have no sign. Some more that have the toddler meals...

Tomorrowland Terrace (or is it Club Buzz still?) has the rice and beans
I have gotten the Mac N Cheese at Pizza Port but they had no sign

In DCA, the Mexican place on the Wharf has the rice and beans
Pacific Wharf Bakery has the Mac N Cheese
Taste Pilot's grill has the Mac N Cheese
Ariel's Grotto will give you a FREE half of any kids meals on the menu for kids under 3 but that is sit down dining.
We never venture over to the pier so I can't speak for anything over there.