PDA

View Full Version : Buying Parkhoppers Now for Next Year?

Pat-n-Eil
08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
If I were to go to the Disney Store and buy two parkhoppers now at current rates, would they still be good if I waited until late January to use them?

I guess the question is: How long do I have after purchase to use parkhopper tickets for the first time?

yellowrosedtxn
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
From my understanding (when I first bought my AP and even though you are talking tickets verses AP) is that the tickets won't be scanned until you first go to the park, which activates the tickets. Now if you buy the tickets at the lower rates, they could make you pay the difference of the tickets depending on when you go to the park.

So, the bottom line is, if the tickets you purchase now are lower costing than the ones you would get when you want to go, you will have to pay the difference in price.

NOW saying all that, keep in mind that when I got my AP it was to Disneyland, but it might be the same way at WDW.

I am sure someone else will chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

Darkbeer
08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
If I were to go to the Disney Store and buy two parkhoppers now at current rates, would they still be good if I waited until late January to use them?

I guess the question is: How long do I have after purchase to use parkhopper tickets for the first time?

The answer is NO, the Gift Cards have an expiration date printed on them, and the first day of use MUST be used by January 2nd, 2008.

But for "goodwill" sake, Disney would allow you a credit of the amount you paid, and charge you the extra $5 or $10 to equal the current pricing.

Darkbeer
08-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Also, if you are planning about going in January, 2008 and planning more than a 3 day stay, the "2 days free" offer is good from early January thru late April, 2008 and would be a better deal.

Wendy Bird
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
If you have AAA too they had a promotion running last year (Jan-Mar) "pay the kids price" where an adult prk hopper was the price of a child's admission.

Darkbeer
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM
If you have AAA too they had a promotion running last year (Jan-Mar) "pay the kids price" where an adult prk hopper was the price of a child's admission.

The "Kids price" will not be offered in 2008, Disney decided to offer the "2 days free" with the advance purchase of a 3 day or longer ParkHopper instead.

The special tickets are now available at Disneyland.com

adriennek
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
But for "goodwill" sake, Disney would allow you a credit of the amount you paid, and charge you the extra $5 or $10 to equal the current pricing.

I'm not sure that's all "goodwill" - The state of California has consumer protection laws in place that say that when you pay for something, it can't expire. Gift certificates can't expire in California (which is one reason that they've gone to gift cards with codes - JCPenney is one retailer that charges a "maintenance" fee on Gift Cards :rolleyes: )

But, yes, if prices go up, Disney will only apply the value of the ticket towards a current ticket.

Adrienne