PDA

View Full Version : Halloween tour?

Pages : [1] 2

kelmac284
08-01-2007, 08:01 AM
I was just there this past week and took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour. I mentioned to the guide that we took the mysteries myths and legends tour a few years back and it was fun and she said that they were going to have a new halloween tour but that was all she could tell me. Has anyone heard anything about this?

We are going down for Mickey's Halloween Treat in Oct and I would LOVE to do this tour. If they ARE having it this Oct you would think they would have some kind of info out by now. TIA for any info.

PanFan
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
My friend in GR put her name on a list to be trained for this tour, so it is going to be offered during the Halloween season (since when has Halloween had its own season?). All she knows currently is that it includes a ride on HM (big surprise there!).

dougeebear
08-02-2007, 10:49 AM
My friend in GR put her name on a list to be trained for this tour, so it is going to be offered during the Halloween season (since when has Halloween had its own season?). All she knows currently is that it includes a ride on HM (big surprise there!).

Well, Halloween Season at Disneyland only began last year with the installation of Mickey's Halloween Treat. Lasts from Sept 21 through October. The trouble with riding the Haunted Mansion during halloween Season is that its already been made over into Haunted Mansion Holiday and has little to do with Halloween or haunting.

cstephens
08-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, Halloween Season at Disneyland only began last year with the installation of Mickey's Halloween Treat.

Actually, last year was the second year of Mickey's Halloween Treat, but last year was the first time they did Halloweentime.

lala1486
08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Anyone heard anymore about this? It was rumored a few weeks back if I remember right and I was really excited about the possibility!

PanFan
08-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry, I haven't heard anything more. But I do know it's in the works...

I'll let you know more as I find out.

lala1486
08-22-2007, 03:18 PM
But I do know it's in the works...

Thanks for the response! It's fueling my excitement to know it is actually real, not just a rumor :D

Califgirl
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
A Guest Relations CM told me that there will be two tours daily, one at 6 and one at 6:30 pm. The tour will encompass both parks, and will go on even if there is MHT parties at DCA. The tours are thought to be starting on Sept 29th, and you can book the tours 30 days in advance, so if that all works out to be true, look for something on the Disneyland website around 8/29 or if you're adventurous, just call the resort tour booking number around the 29th.
They were still finalizing some details when I talked with the CM, including price.

Exitx
08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
What do they cover in these kinds of tours? I got my answer in a previous thread about backstage tours. But do they take you to all the different lands in both parks and give you trivia about them?

stan4d_steph
08-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Anyone heard anymore about this? It was rumored a few weeks back if I remember right and I was really excited about the possibility!Your thread has been merged.

Wendi
08-23-2007, 11:00 AM
What do they cover in these kinds of tours? I got my answer in a previous thread about backstage tours. But do they take you to all the different lands in both parks and give you trivia about them?

When I did the Mysteries, Myths and Legends Tour we met in front of the ToT fountain, then went on Tot two consecutive times (when we got back to the loading area, the CM asked if we wanted to go again). We rode the Disneyland Railroad, Indiana Jones, and Haunted Mansion Holiday, plus there were stories woven into the tour - we stopped a few places along the way - one of which was the stairway to the old Fantasyland station of the Skyway... ah the memories. We rode HMH after park closing and were the last group to board. They slowed the ride down considerably and we had a much better chance to check out all of the details, it was very cool.

lala1486
08-23-2007, 01:56 PM
A Guest Relations CM told me that there will be two tours daily, one at 6 and one at 6:30 pm. The tour will encompass both parks, and will go on even if there is MHT parties at DCA. The tours are thought to be starting on Sept 29th, and you can book the tours 30 days in advance, so if that all works out to be true, look for something on the Disneyland website around 8/29 or if you're adventurous, just call the resort tour booking number around the 29th.
They were still finalizing some details when I talked with the CM, including price.

Thanks for the info! The times are good to know too, it looks like we will have to rearrange our dinner plans for that day!

kelmac284
08-24-2007, 08:48 PM
The tour is now listed on Disneys site!!!! So it sounds as if you can start booking!!!!! It sounds like it is going to be a lot like the mysteries myths and legends which I too did and my experience was exactly like Wendi's, I wonder if you and I were on the same tour LOL. Did you have Gracy? Loved him! He was weird! Freaked my stepdaughter out! LOL. Anyway we are doing MHT on Friday night the 12th and I am hoping to do the tour on either the 13th or 14th! I can't book for a few more weeks but if anyone does let me know!! I am just so stoked that it is finally on the website!!! YEAH!!!!

The only bad thing is I don't see anything about AP discounts so I hope they give one! It is 59 a person and we have 5 in our group!

Califgirl
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Here's the link: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=HappiestHauntsTourPage&bhcp=1

lala1486
08-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Here's the link: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=HappiestHauntsTourPage&bhcp=1

Exciting!

Only it means we have to completely change our whole days plans for the day we want to do it! We are going to wait to change reservations until someone here posts their experiences however so let us know what you think! :D

Wendi
08-25-2007, 02:52 PM
The tour is now listed on Disneys site!!!! So it sounds as if you can start booking!!!!! It sounds like it is going to be a lot like the mysteries myths and legends which I too did and my experience was exactly like Wendi's, I wonder if you and I were on the same tour LOL. Did you have Gracy? Loved him! He was weird! Freaked my stepdaughter out! LOL. Anyway we are doing MHT on Friday night the 12th and I am hoping to do the tour on either the 13th or 14th! I can't book for a few more weeks but if anyone does let me know!! I am just so stoked that it is finally on the website!!! YEAH!!!!

The only bad thing is I don't see anything about AP discounts so I hope they give one! It is 59 a person and we have 5 in our group!

Well, we did have Gracy - but so did every tour!!! The name went with the story, remember? So all of the tour guides were named Gracy.

cstephens
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
They don't have much information at the moment other than what's on the website. I called this morning, and the CM I talked to was amazed that I was calling already because they were only told about it yesterday. From what she was telling me that they had been told, it's pretty much what's on the website. They can book up until a month ahead of time, and she couldn't find anything, so they're at least not starting the tour prior to September 25. She didn't have any information about when the tours would start, so I guess I'm calling back periodically to see if they have new info.

I'm hoping it's better than the Myths, Mysteries and Legends tour they offered a few years ago. That was pretty disappointing. From the sounds of it, the ending will probably be the same, which is fine because that was cool.

Heaven Is Disneyland
08-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thank you for providing a link to the information about the tour. Something I am for sure interested in. Pricey, though, I do hope they offer the AP discount! It would be fun to all get together and go on the same day, I am always up to meet fellow members! :)

annieb727
08-26-2007, 09:08 PM
I would be SO happy if they started the tour while we were there...I just read it to dh and he said that if it did, we should do it - even if we have to get childcare another night as well!!! I definitely wouldn't wanna do it with the kiddos though - I think they're a little too young for it...but dh and I would LOVE it. I think I'll start calling every morning until I find out when they're having it!!!

hayjennn
08-27-2007, 12:32 AM
I would be SO happy if they started the tour while we were there...I just read it to dh and he said that if it did, we should do it - even if we have to get childcare another night as well!!! I definitely wouldn't wanna do it with the kiddos though - I think they're a little too young for it...but dh and I would LOVE it. I think I'll start calling every morning until I find out when they're having it!!!
Question I have seen people refer to my "DH" and I am sorry I don't know what that means can anybody help?

oregontraveler
08-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Question I have seen people refer to my "DH" and I am sorry I don't know what that means can anybody help?

DH or DD or DS usually refers to darling husband, daughter & son.

stan4d_steph
08-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Question I have seen people refer to my "DH" and I am sorry I don't know what that means can anybody help?There's an acronym list in our FAQ (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8117). :)

stan4d_steph
08-27-2007, 06:16 AM
There's information on Disney's Happiest Haunts Tour in today's MousePlanet DL Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl070827xx).

annieb727
08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
I just called Disney Tours - and I was told that the Halloween Haunts tours start on Sept 21st.

Just thought I'd let you guys know - I know it makes a huge difference to us!! :)

kandyk
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Per the Mouseplanet update it says the tour is only offered Mon - Thurs, but I just called the DL tour # and they said that it will be offered on the weekends, she said it was going on on Saturday Oct. 13th. I can't book mine yet since I am still over 30 days (19th) but has anyone else booked for the weekends? I sure hope she was right I don't want to get all excited for nothing.