PDA

View Full Version : Multiple fast passes at DCA

bfaber
07-31-2007, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one that didn't know you can hold a fast pass to each ride at one time at California Adventure? I discovered this last Friday and Sunday when I was there. Just thought I would share in case others didn't know.

The old man
07-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Am I the only one that didn't know you can hold a fast pass to each ride at one time at California Adventure? I discovered this last Friday and Sunday when I was there. Just thought I would share in case others didn't know.

When will you discover that you can do this too at DL?

cstephens
07-31-2007, 10:35 PM

It's not something everyone would necessarily know, only if you've used the system for a while or been told, so I don't see the need to be condescending.

Darkbeer
07-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Actually, it sounds like the computer system wasn't working 100%, they are converting the system to more outsourcing, pretty sure an article was placed in the news section here this week talking about how they are moving everything to IBM.

Bytebear
08-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Actually, it sounds like the computer system wasn't working 100%, they are converting the system to more outsourcing, pretty sure an article was placed in the news section here this week talking about how they are moving everything to IBM.

Not Apple?

Quinten27
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Back to the original post..........has anyone else confirmed that you can now get fastpasses for all the rides at the same time? I only thought that you could get one at a time, except for GRR & RR, because they are not on the "network". Is this a temporary fluke or have they totally changed how the system works?

Darkbeer
08-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Back to the original post..........has anyone else confirmed that you can now get fastpasses for all the rides at the same time? I only thought that you could get one at a time, except for GRR & RR, because they are not on the "network". Is this a temporary fluke or have they totally changed how the system works?

Pretty sure it was a temporary fluke, as mentioned in a recent news article, Disney is upgrading and switching computer systems...

http://www.byteandswitch.com/document.asp?doc_id=130323&WT.svl=news1_1

Another organization wrestling with a data explosion is Disney, which stores about 19 Tbytes to support its West Coast operations and its flagship Disneyland theme park. "Disk space is a big issue for us, because we're growing," said Allen Fazio, CIO of the Disneyland Resort, explaining there were over 18 million visitors to the Anaheim, Calif., site last year alone.

Rather than deal with this in-house, Disney opted to outsource its IT infrastructure to IBM and systems integrator ACS back in 2005. "With IBM focused on that side of my business, I don't have to worry about the latest hardware and software, I can focus on our guests," said Fazio, explaining that Disneyland uses a mixture of IBM NAS and SAN solutions at a data center in Columbus, Ohio.

bfaber
08-01-2007, 02:59 PM

I tried it at Disneyland the next day, but it didn't work. Still did at DCA though.

The old man
08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
I tried it at Disneyland the next day, but it didn't work. Still did at DCA though.
Well now I admit I didn't understand the OP. I thought there were referring to the fact that since there is no expiration time on FPs, that you can store them up and wind up with FP's to all rides.

Bytebear
08-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Well now I admit I didn't understand the OP. I thought there were referring to the fact that since there is no expiration time on FPs, that you can store them up and wind up with FP's to all rides.

I think the OP was saying that the block out from other attractions is not applying, making all DCA attractions un-networked.

annieb727
08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
I think the OP was saying that the block out from other attractions is not applying, making all DCA attractions un-networked.

Wow...that'd be nice if it was like that when we go in September!

Darkbeer
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
I checked the DCA FP system last Friday, and it was working as normal. All attraction networked with the exception of GRR.

hayjennn
08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
I am sorry to ask this simple question, however, what is GRR? Is it grizzly rapids? If so, am I understanding this right that this ride is not on the same system as the other fast pass rides. Kind of independent at this time? thanks

annieb727
08-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I am sorry to ask this simple question, however, what is GRR? Is it grizzly rapids? If so, am I understanding this right that this ride is not on the same system as the other fast pass rides. Kind of independent at this time? thanks

That's correct. You can, for example, grab FPs for Soarin' and immediately after go get FPs for GRR! Cool, huh?:)

At DL, Roger Rabbit is disconnected...so you can have a FP for some other ride at DL and for RR at the same time.