PDA

View Full Version : Can you upgrade free tickets from a time share spiel?

TTFN92
07-31-2007, 12:17 PM
We are supposed to go to a time share spiel and we get 4 1-day Disneyland passes. Problem is, we only need 2 park hoppers. Does anyone know if we can upgrade the passes at the gate? I know we couldn't convert 4 into 2 but if we could upgrade 2 of them and then save the other 2 for another time that would be great. Has anyone been to one and tried it? I just don't know if they are going to be regular passes or if they are some special tickets that are what they are and have no options. I would appreciate any help, quickly. We are trying to plan a trip for our anniversary over Labor Day. TIA!

stan4d_steph
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
The tickets can only be upgraded for the value that is printed on them. If you don't know this ahead of time, I wouldn't count on being able to upgrade them.

DizneyMommy
07-31-2007, 01:24 PM
If you are only going for one day, then you should be able to use 2 of the tickets to get into one park, and 2 to get into the other park, and go back and forth as you please so long as you show the right ticket and get hand stamps. I realize that kind of wastes 2 tickets, but if you can't upgrade them then that seems to be a solution.

When they give any comp tickets like that, 9 times out of 10 they do not print the value on them and they say on the ticket something like No Value and they do not allow you to upgrade with them. They might even say right on the ticket something like Comp or Courtesy Pass.

JamesDL
07-31-2007, 01:26 PM
If you are only going for one day, then you should be able to use 2 of the tickets to get into one park, and 2 to get into the other park, and go back and forth as you please so long as you show the right ticket and get hand stamps. I realize that kind of wastes 2 tickets, but if you can't upgrade them then that seems to be a solution.

I agree! Unless you are trying to upgrade to multi-day parkhoppers. But this seems like the best idea.