PDA

View Full Version : Calling all CMs

sneezydwarf
07-05-2002, 10:58 AM
i was just wonering from all you cast members,
is it really as bad working at Disneyland as i have heard?
i want to work there but i want to get my masters in business management first...will that help?
i've also heard that your salary is close to nothing, is that true?
if there is anything else i should know about working in the happest place on earth, i'd love your input!
thanks for helping me out!
:)

Cadaverous Pallor
07-05-2002, 12:15 PM
There are tons of threads here at the pad about working at the Resort. You might want to read the most current one - click here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7351)

tikiboy
07-05-2002, 12:17 PM
I don't know about MBAs, but a lot of engineers out there would rather eat than work for Disney, if you catch my drift.

PhilMP
07-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Hmm...it all depends on what you want to be. Do you want to start out as an hourly, or do you want to start out as management.

Hourlies get better than minimum wage, but it's still not alot of money. Management, however, does get paid more, but they don't get paid holidays, no union, and can theoretically be there 7 days a week.

Be aware too that most front-line managers are former hourlies, so unless you want to work at TDA or in Burbank, an advanced degree might not help get the salaried-spot.

Phil