PDA

View Full Version : Question on room interior at the Disneyland Hotel

mcampisi
07-05-2002, 09:26 AM
We will be there at the end of this month. We haven't stayed there since August of 2000 during the construction time. Since then we have stayed at the Californian and Paradise Pier. I know a few years back they rethemed some of the rooms (I think in the Bonita tower), but since I haven't been in a room in almost 2 years, have all the rooms been redone? I want to request a tower that has redone rooms otherwise. I've usually been pretty lucky in getting what I have requested.

kranders
07-05-2002, 09:48 AM
We've stayed in the Marina Tower every time this year(3 so far) and the rooms are great. I was never there before so I don't know if they were re-done but I think they are. There is no construction currently going on. We liked the room we were in on our first trip and have requested the same room every time and so far we have gotten it.

goofyfordisney
07-05-2002, 09:49 AM
We just stayed at the DLH for the first time a few weeks ago. We were in the Sierra Tower--6th floor--DTD view. We had 2 Queen beds and a daybed. The room were great! It seemed like everything was new. The carpet was in great shape. The beds had tons of pillows and nice comforters and were really high off the ground. There was a nice armoire which had a large tv and fridge and 4 drawers--there was also a closet.

I was happy with the size and layout of the room also. I thought we had plenty of room (there were 2 adults, 2 14 year-old boys (they are both 6 feet tall!) and an 8 year-old. The bathroom has 2 sinks with a large vanity area. The toliet was seperated by a door too. It was nice that we could all be getting ready at the same time.

I have also stayed at the GC--I don't think that we would have been as comfortable this trip in the rooms there--they seem quite a bit smaller.

I was very happy with the Sierra tower--I would suggest requesting it for your upcoming trip. It was very close to DTD and the Neverland Pool also.

Good luck--have fun!:)

MonorailMan
07-05-2002, 01:31 PM
ere thinking about staying at the DLH for my B-Day. *More About That Later*.

How much theming is in the rooms? (Like are there Mickey Pillows, bedspreads, Etc...)

SpaceMTJunkie
07-05-2002, 01:56 PM
We just got back from DL one week ago. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Sierra Tower, 7th floor with a pool view. This tower has larger opening slider doors than the Marina Tower. I believe the Bonita tower has the same sized doors also. I always request the Sierra tower with a pool view as high up as we can get and so far every stay has been wonderful. We had 2 queen beds with a daybed. Rooms are very fresh and new. There is a refrigerator and a blow dryer. The toilet is in a seperate room from the rest of the bathroom which is very nice. When you go to bed at night, be sure to check out the glow in the dark Tinkerbell pixie dust around the top of the wall. It is very cool.

SpaceMTJunkie
07-05-2002, 02:00 PM
P.S. As far as theming, the room is filled with it. I already mentioned the Tinkerbell pixie dust. The bedspreads are covered with Disneylands rides. The armoire has a picture of the first sketch of Disneyland. The wallpaper in the toilet area has Disney characters on it. The lights in the bathroom are being held up by Mickey Mouse's hands. And a few more that I will let you try to find for yourself.

MonorailMan
07-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by SpaceMTJunkie
P.S. As far as theming, the room is filled with it. I already mentioned the Tinkerbell pixie dust. The bedspreads are covered with Disneylands rides. The armoire has a picture of the first sketch of Disneyland. The wallpaper in the toilet area has Disney characters on it. The lights in the bathroom are being held up by Mickey Mouse's hands. And a few more that I will let you try to find for yourself.

Good! I will love it! Dad will hate it. :D

Dawnie
07-07-2002, 04:54 PM
When we stayed at the hotel last November I was very impressed with improvements.

The wallpaper was really cute, and I believe it somewhat glowed in the dark! Our kids just cherished the room and all of it's little Mickey Magic touches. They especially enjoyed the view. Our room looked directly down at the Neverland pool. Priceless!